Home The Bridge

VIP 14 PARTY!

2»

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaoticDNA wrote: »
    Congrats!

I am not VIP 14 yet but getting close (10750 away).

In contrast, however, there were 5 4* cards out of all 65 packs that would add a star to any of my crew.

Don’t feel too bad - if I had gotten all the same 4* beholds I could have put two stars on Malik and one on Ambassador K’Ehleyr. When I finally uncork all the packs I’m sitting on I would like to finish off all of the partially-fused 4* crew I have but the honor and 5* beholds are really where it’s at.

With those same 5* beholds I would have ended up with additional stars on Khan, Tilly, Phoenix Cochrane, Timicin, Prince Bashir, and Virtuoso Doc; the final star for Gangster Kirk; the first star on Daniels; and the first star on Doctor Chaotica or Aviator Yar (that would have been a tough choice for me). That haul alone would be pretty fantastic.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats and welcome to the „Club“. 🙂
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Great post ByloBand! Congrats on the excellent haul.

You didn't have a Prince Bashir (or two copies we got for free)? That was not that long ago.

On a side note to anyone opening 65 packs in one go:
    - Living a bit risky by always picking the last star for a 4* in a behold ... I'd pick to add second/third stars (or new crew if I had the space) until I had about 10-15 packs to go ... 3/4 crew can easily drop as singletons in first spot.
    - I also think you should note Bylo that you fused crew in-between opening packs ... and didn't just spam the Open button 65 times. :) Helps with keeping track who you manage to bring in. :)

Just some thoughts for someone who's about to open that amount of packs. :)

Nowhere near VIP 14 myself, so I'll have to sneak into that party. :)

Again, awesome stuff Bylo!
  • Thanks for the party @ByloBand !
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Also, I can't believe you passed on Katrina Cornwell.

Yeah, that one was tricky to be sure, but one of my unwritten tie-breakers is that when all else fails, I tend to steer clear of Disco crew. I am not a Disco hater, I just have never seen it and have absolutely no attachment to any Disco crew, so in that instance I went with Daniels, who I thought was cool plus his skills were a good fit for my needs.
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    You didn't have a Prince Bashir (or two copies we got for free)? That was not that long ago.

LOL, I knew eventually SOMEBODY would catch that :) I forget the exact circumstances of that situation, but I remember not being all that enthused with him, needing the crew space desperately (he was handed out before the crew slot sale) and I also needed the honor for something, so I happily airlocked my copy. That was AFTER I tried to get a second copy from GoTA and failing for whatever reason. Had I successfully gotten him up to 2/5 I probably would have found room for him on my crew, but I have absolutely no regrets with my decisions regarding Prince Bashir. Maybe it is because I've never seen GoT, but yeah, I had no connection with him and he was using up valuable space.
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    - I also think you should note Bylo that you fused crew in-between opening packs ... and didn't just spam the Open button 65 times. :) Helps with keeping track who you manage to bring in. :)

Correct. I am not sure if it came across explicitly in my explanation before posting, but I cracked the pack open in groups of 5, creating a folder for each group within the master party folder to contain all the pulls and behold options. And yes, part of the decision was absolutely keep my fusing updated to make future choices accurate. You have no idea how taxing this was mentally, so any advantage I could give myself to avoid errors was a good thing!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Bashir Currently Known as Prince, Dressed Up With Somewhere to Go Nog, and Buy Me Some Cracker Jack The Sisko are still in my mail. Holding for room.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I liked how you decide who to take from the beholds/begolds but do you factor in the cryo bonuses as well?
    It would seem that might have something to say in terms of you deciding
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Don’t feel too bad - if I had gotten all the same 4* beholds I could have put two stars on Malik and one on Ambassador K’Ehleyr. When I finally uncork all the packs I’m sitting on I would like to finish off all of the partially-fused 4* crew I have but the honor and 5* beholds are really where it’s at.

I don't feel bad at all. I'm still playing after 2+ years, enjoying it, and enjoy watching people have fun (a la opening 65 packs).

It was more a casual observation more than anything else.

LLAP :)
    Captain Bubble Bobble
    I liked how you decide who to take from the beholds/begolds but do you factor in the cryo bonuses as well?

Yes and no. I try no to get bogged down in all the deep-delve stat crunching, so I'm never going to agonize over a behold/begold. I've got my tie-breakers, but I've also got the will power to not regret decisions; I do the best I can at the moment, and then live with it regret free. I can say that I do look over those cryo collections and use them to strategize/prioritize my roster, but by the time I get around to beholds/begolds I trust that those decisions have already been made and I fall back on my tie-breakers.

Not sure if that answered your question, but given my COMPLETE lack of sleep the last 36 hours (passed out for 45 minutes this morning, and that is my "sleep" since Thursday morning :p ) I think that is the most cohesive an explanation I can give :)
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done, my friend! Thoroughly enjoyable thread. Looks like you had a couple tough choices, and now a couple months of work to do with all those new cards!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • ByloBand wrote: »
    I liked how you decide who to take from the beholds/begolds but do you factor in the cryo bonuses as well?

Yes and no. I try no to get bogged down in all the deep-delve stat crunching, so I'm never going to agonize over a behold/begold. I've got my tie-breakers, but I've also got the will power to not regret decisions; I do the best I can at the moment, and then live with it regret free. I can say that I do look over those cryo collections and use them to strategize/prioritize my roster, but by the time I get around to beholds/begolds I trust that those decisions have already been made and I fall back on my tie-breakers.

Not sure if that answered your question, but given my COMPLETE lack of sleep the last 36 hours (passed out for 45 minutes this morning, and that is my "sleep" since Thursday morning :p ) I think that is the most cohesive an explanation I can give :)

Sounds familiar... Just wanted to add that you did take a lot of the same crew from your beholds as I have.
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    ByloBand wrote: »
    OK, so since many of you have been so kind and have wondered what I would do with all that honor, I have one final "dessert" item for the party! I should say in preparation for this I've been skirmishing my tail off for 24 hours (who knew it was so difficult to use up 100,000 Intel?!) to farm up the roughly 9,000 honor I needed to hit 100,000, so without further delay...

rjm2ylo6y7el.jpg

ap44k71kmmyp.jpg
    Oh no, not kahless the unfit.

Edit:
    Oh well, I guess he can sing one hell of a Klingon opera.
    And, at least he is not fit and trim Evil Kahless😈😉
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Edit:
    Truth be told, I am getting REALLY tired of not having an answer for the Dip/Sec match up in The Gauntlet, and as far as I can tell, Kahless is never going to embarrass himself there. Plus in any given month there is likely to be at least a handful of Gauntlets where he will be at at least 45% crit, and now I will be able to stay competitive in those ones.

Well done, my friend! Thoroughly enjoyable thread. Looks like you had a couple tough choices, and now a couple months of work to do with all those new cards!
    Thank you. I doubt it will take months, but I understand the sentiment. Actually, 2 of the legends I just picked up are already FE :p
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019

Edit:
    Truth be told, I am getting REALLY tired of not having an answer for the Dip/Sec match up in The Gauntlet, and as far as I can tell, Kahless is never going to embarrass himself there. Plus in any given month there is likely to be at least a handful of Gauntlets where he will be at at least 45% crit, and now I will be able to stay competitive in those ones.

Thank you. I doubt it will take months, but I understand the sentiment. Actually, 2 of the legends I just picked up are already FE :p

I do it myself too, but I just do not like spending honor on the inflated cost of everything. I do it but it is limited.

And you can now at least take on a kahless, when he has the advantage with Crit and skill combo.
    🖖🙂

The wrap up to this party, could be letting us know when you FE all those new legendaries including Kahless.🍻
  • Congrats and welcome to the „Club“. 🙂

Are you reffering to the "oh my goodness...I spent HOW MUCH on this game?" Club?
    The wrap up to this party, could be letting us know when you FE all those new legendaries including Kahless.🍻
    I'll say this much, Kahless was FE about 30 minutes after purchase B)

I also rushed Phoenix Cochrane from 40 to 100 FE immediately. I could rush several more, but I'm instead continuing my project of immortalizing and freezing my large backlog of 3* crew, with a handful of 2 skill 4* thrown in. In the last hour I've shoved 5 more crew into my freezer (I LOVE skirmish weekends!)
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you reffering to the "oh my goodness...I spent HOW MUCH on this game?" Club?

The title of the thread is quite self explanatory Mr Party Crasher :p Instead of always complaining about DB wanting to make money and about people keeping the game alive by spending you should better focus on building up resources (your screenshots of your reserves were shocking). That way the game will also be more fun for you. And yes, you don´t even need to invest cash to do that, just patience ;)

Thankies for this thread BB and keep on enjoying :)

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll say this much, Kahless was FE about 30 minutes after purchase B)

I also rushed Phoenix Cochrane from 40 to 100 FE immediately. I could rush several more, but I'm instead continuing my project of immortalizing and freezing my large backlog of 3* crew, with a handful of 2 skill 4* thrown in. In the last hour I've shoved 5 more crew into my freezer (I LOVE skirmish weekends!)

Double awesome✨💫😉
  • Nice batch of pulls. Thanks for sharing!
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019

1.000 bucks(which equals 50.000 VIP Points and LV14) isn t too much, considering you ve been playing for 3 years. Many folks spend waaay more for alcohol, cigarettes, cinema, restaurant visits and so on.... so what? ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

1.000 bucks(which equals 50.000 VIP Points and LV14) isn t too much, considering you ve been playing for 3 years. Many folks spend waaay more for alcohol, cigarettes, cinema, restaurant visits and so on.... so what? ;)

So true. I have spent more on this game than any other (GTA V is up there with getting it on two consoles and a couple of discounted Shark Cards, I got all the expansions and a fancy box for the Firefly board game, special editions of various Halo and Fallout games cost more than usual, and I think I bought Skyrim twice as well) but I have also gotten a lot of entertainment hours out of it to the point where it is far cheaper than most anything else I could be doing.