Home The Bridge
Options

October Timelines Q&A

Comments

• Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q6: Will we be seeing more characters/ships from TOS, Enterprise?
    A6: Yes, we will continue to include new crew from all Star Trek television series. My favorite upcoming crew from Enterprise is Defensive Phlox.

Best part of this whole thing. I can't wait for Defensive Phlox.

Plus it'll be a new med character! :D

The best I can guess is that's puffer fish Phlox from the bar fight scene back on anti-alien Earth.
    Actually, that wouldn't make very pretty art, I kind of hope I'm wrong. That character should have some stupidly high med stats though.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    A6: Yes, we will continue to include new crew from all Star Trek television series. My favorite upcoming crew from Enterprise is Defensive Phlox.

The best I can guess is that's puffer fish Phlox from the bar fight scene back on anti-alien Earth.
    Actually, that wouldn't make very pretty art, I kind of hope I'm wrong. That character should have some stupidly high med stats though.

Oh, I'm fully expecting it to be puffer fish Phlox. That's why I'm so excited! :P

I really liked Phlox in Enterprise, and that whole episode was really sad/tragic/awesome/funny.

I don't care if the art isn't "pretty" as long as it isn't bad.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q17: Would you add more benefits to being VIP 14?
    A17: Right now, we don't have any immediate plans to make changes to VIP. However, we are aware that this is something players are interested in.

This is something players have wanted since January/February 2016 who ever came up with the idea of purchasing scans 16 times a day cover your eyes and ears. Scam's (no typo) are the worst perk in the entire list of perks at VIP 14 I'd love to see the data beyond the 3-5 free daily scans to see who buys them I can't imagine it's used to its 16 times a day. Please remove it and add something worthwhile
  • Options
    [STJ] Wendell[STJ] Wendell ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Haha yeah scans rewards are so bad I literally wish they didn’t exist. Or had something of value to offer. I have thought this ever since I was a new player.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyger_Borg wrote: »
    Q15: Are you planning on reviewing honor costs, so we either get more honor for dismissing crew or citations/etc cost less?
    A15: We're not planning on any changes to Honor costs. Our goal with the Honor Hall was to allow players greater value (compared to before) when dismissing crew and allow players new paths to collect and invest in their favorite crew. We understand that players would like to earn more Honor for dismissing crew, but Honor was designed to be accrued gradually over time. With that said, we do keep a close eye on how Honor is earned and redeemed.

Whelp. Guess I should plan on not spending any more money on this game. This answer says either DB doesn't get it, or they do and just don't care. Your "path to collect and invest in favorite crew" is broken. Honor is gradual for F2P players, no one is complaining about that, your honor system will still be gradual even if you upped the honor value of 4 and 5 star crew or dropped the cost of those in the honor store. Your answer is a non-answer to the real complaint.

The complaint, again, is that when we give you money, after a certain point, there is a very high probability that we will get nothing in return. Naturally, this leaves your customers dissatisfied with their purchases (or prizes, e.g,the Claiborne Chekov I "won" on a voyage this morning that is already FF. And I paid dilithium to extend the voyage long enough to get the chance to win him. You're welcome). Your players are telling you, fix this and we will give you more money.

The MOST charitable interpretation of your answer I can think of is that DB cares more about making sure even paying customers don't fuse their favorite crew too quickly (where too quickly is "more than 1 or 2 stars on a 4 star character a month, or FF a 5 star character after 8 months or so"), more so than anything else, including customer satisfaction with paying you money or customers feelings good about the prizes they win.

There are less charitable intrepretations, as well.

With Daily honor from individual + fleet + voyages, the average time for an additional star on a 5 should be about 5 weeks not 8 months.

However, that does not diminish your initial point, you are being disincentivized to spend because of not getting value for your purchases.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

Q17: Would you add more benefits to being VIP 14?
    A17: Right now, we don't have any immediate plans to make changes to VIP. However, we are aware that this is something players are interested in.

Erin, that should not be something only players are interested in, that should be a top priority for you as a company interested in revenue. First of all unlike big changes like new game modes etc. it is fairly "easy" to set in motion. Secondly while not the newest report

https://thenextweb.com/insider/2016/03/23/free-to-play-games-are-not-the-way-forward-for-mobile-gaming/

I guess not too much has changed. The largest slices of the revenue come from a small part of the userbase.

And that is something I find puzzling in the mobile games business. In reality big spenders get the "red carpet" treatment with many valuable benefits. Also to show that the good business is appreciated.

While concerning games those who support the company nicely, keep it and the game alive are kinda being taken for granted.

By making VIP more valuable you could show you care about what you get from those "investing".

Some ideas from my side:

Customer service response time based on the VIP level. The higher the level, the faster the response.

Daily dilithium from the monthly card increases based on the VIP level.

More crew slots/replications are of course always welcome as well...

• Options
    Can you consider Seven of Nine for Honor Hall Thank you
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you consider Seven of Nine for Honor Hall Thank you

Maybe the Seven "fused" with the holodoc from the episode "Body of Soul". Oh yeah. Would make a unique version of her with many interesting traces and skills. For that I would save honor gladly :P
  • Options
    In short the answer is either, "changes are coming but we can't tell you what they are or when they will be released" OR "too bad, no"
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Sam ReedSam Reed
    edited November 2017

I hope this also means I'll get something from my wishlist! Come onnn, Alternate Future Malcolm... I need a snazzy new in-game icon!

EDIT: Also, is there a thread for suggesting crew stat/trait changes? Because it seems absolutely mad that Lorca has Command/Diplomacy. He really should be Command/Security. He's clearly no diplomat and comes from a tactical/security background.
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Vyger_Borg wrote: »
    Q15: Are you planning on reviewing honor costs, so we either get more honor for dismissing crew or citations/etc cost less?
    A15: We're not planning on any changes to Honor costs. Our goal with the Honor Hall was to allow players greater value (compared to before) when dismissing crew and allow players new paths to collect and invest in their favorite crew. We understand that players would like to earn more Honor for dismissing crew, but Honor was designed to be accrued gradually over time. With that said, we do keep a close eye on how Honor is earned and redeemed.

Whelp. Guess I should plan on not spending any more money on this game. This answer says either DB doesn't get it, or they do and just don't care. Your "path to collect and invest in favorite crew" is broken. Honor is gradual for F2P players, no one is complaining about that, your honor system will still be gradual even if you upped the honor value of 4 and 5 star crew or dropped the cost of those in the honor store. Your answer is a non-answer to the real complaint.

The complaint, again, is that when we give you money, after a certain point, there is a very high probability that we will get nothing in return. Naturally, this leaves your customers dissatisfied with their purchases (or prizes, e.g,the Claiborne Chekov I "won" on a voyage this morning that is already FF. And I paid dilithium to extend the voyage long enough to get the chance to win him. You're welcome). Your players are telling you, fix this and we will give you more money.

The MOST charitable interpretation of your answer I can think of is that DB cares more about making sure even paying customers don't fuse their favorite crew too quickly (where too quickly is "more than 1 or 2 stars on a 4 star character a month, or FF a 5 star character after 8 months or so"), more so than anything else, including customer satisfaction with paying you money or customers feelings good about the prizes they win.

There are less charitable intrepretations, as well.

With Daily honor from individual + fleet + voyages, the average time for an additional star on a 5 should be about 5 weeks not 8 months.

However, that does not diminish your initial point, you are being disincentivized to spend because of not getting value for your purchases.

Thanks - I was trying to get across getting 4 legendary citations (time to fully fuse a legendary character you have 1 star on). Trying to work it out in my head, I overshot, but still, 5 weeks time 4 stars = 20 weeks, or a little under half a year. You could feasibly take two legendary characters to fully fused, if you log in every single day and get full fleet rewards every single day for a year. I don't know why DB would sacrifice player happiness to maintain that pace, no matter how many super rare characters you sacrifice to the airlock gods.

• Options
    after reading through the G&A there seems to be a lack of mentioning of the recent chat censor that seems to have turned language on its head in limiting what any of us are allowed to see or say.
    none of it makes any seance what so ever for what is to be censored or not. it makes intelligent conversation nearly impossible, nor any self expressiveness, we are not robots nor cookie cutter people. I believe most of us are not likely to be children, as most kids and teens i know don't have the patience for this kind of game.
    Instead of having it ramrodded down our throats.
    ??? How soon can we see a switch to turn the "Chat Censor" OFF.???
    DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    pbertpbert ✭✭✭

You told us that we the release of Honor, and many in the community have told you that the Honor reward structure fails at that goal repeatedly. Packs simply are not worth it, and that's down to the terrible scaling of Honor rewards.

From the faction stores: a 5* costs 10x a 4*, and 4* costs 7.5x a 3*, but the Honor rewards scale at a rate of 2x? It throws the entire economy off, and the economy of this game is already off the rails because of different ratios in event special offers, the random other special offers, the relative ease of getting a free 3/4* or FF 4* in events (way less time investment than trying to FF from packs, and free!), and the minimal in game use for any characters under 4* other than as collectibles.

But maybe this is ultimately better for me personally because I'm not at all tempted to spend money on this game without better Honor rewards...
  • Options
    I agree with several comments here. The honor system is deeply flawed, as are purchases. When you spend real money to purchase characters, you only get completely random characters. So you spend money to buy “rare” characters which are about as common as “common” characters. So then you have to sell the characters for honor, which is in no way proportional to the cost of the money you spent. It is basically impossible to level up “super rare” and “legendary” characters, unless they are the focus of events. There is no way to pick your favourite characters. None.

I recently purchased you largest package to acquire characters. For $139 I got less than 10 keepers. That’s $14 per character. I can buy plastic toys cheaper than that.

Unless this is addressed, you will not be able to retain long term players. You’ll get new joins who’ll drop some money, realize they can’t level up decent characters, and stop spending money. There is no option to purchase specific characters, or to trade for them.

Also, the common item drops from missions are frustrating. For example, you need to level up a Bajoran character, you need 4 or more Bajoran pistols. These drop randomly and you are as likely to get a three star version as you are to get a no star version! Really?
  • Options
    As for the Gauntlet I have a suggestion that may intice everyone and make it more challenging for all who play ,plus it would be beneficial to Disruptor Beam as well ! You have number 1 prizes for events ,well have one as well for the Gauntlet if you reach the number 1 spot, automatically you should receive the trophy prise , this would make the top prise more valuable and produce more income for DB because people will want to keep the number one spot by working harder at keeping it !
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Q13: Will there be achievements coming for Voyages, Arena, etc.?
    A13: Achievements are an expanding feature that we will continue to add to as the game grows. For example, we plan to add a round of Achievements for Voyages.
    Just 3 starred all missions in the game and that sure feels like and achievement, but it's not an achievement in game. Would be nice if it was, or maybe better if it was an achievement for each "episode" of the missions.
  • Options
    Please consider the option to allow squad leaders to assign shared crew
    60 minutes before the start of the event.
    Some of us can't be tied to a device 24/7. Thank you.
  • Options
    A suggestion on more supposedly “useless” crew. Have 4 slots for “no-star” characters like Molly / tween Jake sisko / little Naomi wildman / pajama Alexander / young spock / spot / porthos ... etc
    And they can work as bonus effects for certain crew. A bonus for matching characters. Naomi gives a diplomatic bonus to janeways or engineering bonuses to 7of9s as one example.

Move tribbles to this as well.
  • Options
    Good first/second effort. It was 8 months since your last post Erin. That is too long of gap.
    Small game studios usually have more engagement not less.

As for the rewards for VIP 14. I'm not anywhere near VIP 14 but I am shocked how little the players that make the game financially possible get for their money. They are the reason I am able to play for $4 per month. The VIP benefits are terrible. You have had two years to "look at it".
  • Options
    UnkieB wrote: »
    Q13: Will there be achievements coming for Voyages, Arena, etc.?
    A13: Achievements are an expanding feature that we will continue to add to as the game grows. For example, we plan to add a round of Achievements for Voyages.
    Just 3 starred all missions in the game and that sure feels like and achievement, but it's not an achievement in game. Would be nice if it was, or maybe better if it was an achievement for each "episode" of the missions.
    Or how about becoming honored in all factions. I was very surprised when I accomplished that about a year ago and nothing happened at all.
  • Options
    loving the new 'voyages' feature but the game still has plenty of bugs, I've spent a lot of money on this game and I have been playing it for months, I play everyday, I'm lvl 49, I think there should be loyalty rewards such as a reward for logging in everyday for a week like other browser games, apart from that best Star Trek game ever, looking forward to new features and I hope you add more free loyalty rewards LLAP
  • Options
    Question- I was wondering if there was anything in the works for the ability of fleets or squadron to send supplies to each other or to borrow crew/ give crew away instead of air locking them and getting some training or experience points in exchange? It would really take our chats to the next level
  • Options
    I agree with others previous comments, the honor system needs improving, also I think there should be more benefits for your VIP status (I'm Lvl 49 VIP Lvl 13) I've spent alot of money on this game (more than I've spent on some games you own outright) I suppose the 10th Rule Of Acquisition - "greed is eternal" applies you to guys as well, I'm sure you've made a lot of money from this game and I think it's time for you to reward us players for our loyalty, thanks and LLAP
  • Options
    Q20: When will we get a Cryostasis update?
    A20: We’re actually working on a revamp of cryostasis to include better sorting functionality, and a few other requested changes. It’s still in design, so it won’t come out in the immediate future, but changes are coming.

I wonder if the requested changes includes showing traits for the characters you have immortalized/frozen?

Currently I have immortalized a lot of crew and had to freeze some due to lack of crew slots. But when you go into the vault, and click on a character it doesn't tell you their traits. Which is really annoying as you need certain traits for some missions.
  • Options
    As for the Gauntlet I have a suggestion that may intice everyone and make it more challenging for all who play ,plus it would be beneficial to Disruptor Beam as well ! You have number 1 prizes for events ,well have one as well for the Gauntlet if you reach the number 1 spot, automatically you should receive the trophy prise , this would make the top prise more valuable and produce more income for DB because people will want to keep the number one spot by working harder at keeping it !

not a bad thought, but add or alter to a duration held position prize, then it becomes more competitive also because of the switch times, makes it more fair to those payers why can not get on 20 minutes before the end time. right now, all a smart player has to do is hold off taking the number 1 spot till the last 5 minutes, this could be applied to Arena as well.
    all i have to do is wait till 30 minutes before the arena end timer take any position in the top bracket and its a boost just for the time count. now if that changes to a hourly basis "(12, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, or 1 hour)" smaller prize reflectively. an alternate would be bracket pays out prize based on time held particular bracket. example; top 1% 120, 24 hours or 1440 minutes. so top prize would count 1 for every 12 minutes held, 2nd = count 1 per 14.4 minutes, 3rd = count 1 per 18 minutes, and so on.
    i could see that as being more fair to players.
    DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    How about some love for Captain (or Admiral, or President) Archer!
  • Options
    Will the game ever load faster?
  • Options
    I have question about game chat, and fleet communication.
    All players would agree that game chat is horrible. True, it doesn't freeze that much as it did. But still, it's barely possible to comunicate. Most of fleets are using outside messenger services for fleet communications. Recently, you censored messenger names and intentionaly sabotaged us. Why???
    So... Are we ever gonna have decent game chat?
    And also we can't open any links in chat, but you keep sending us links with announcements that we can't open. Thanks for that!