Home The Bridge

The Reliant

Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm beginning to see why Kirk found it so hard to beat KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!
Reliant is the only ship that can even scratch my borg cube, and the only one that can dodge Locutus' instant hit.
Man that ship is tough...
87p5wkas4a32.jpg

Comments

• barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's been a tough one in every skirmish.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the I.K.C. T'Ong, with Killy and T'Kuvma (I rarely need to use T'Kuvma), and I barely noticed any damage.
    03e37otybac0.png
    Klingon O'Brian for Better Accuracy and Shield Regen
    Killy with a big punch
    The Ship's Magnetic Pulse for another big punch and more accuracy
    Advanced Tactical Repair for some hull repair (usually don't need it)
    T'Kuvma for a final blow if needed.
    Archer's just there to pick up the extra VP as we move to the next fight.

I don't remember using the cloak.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    I'm beginning to see why Kirk found it so hard to beat KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!
    Reliant is the only ship that can even scratch my borg cube, and the only one that can dodge Locutus' instant hit.
    Man that ship is tough...
    87p5wkas4a32.jpg

Locutus has one of the fastest initialize times but doesn’t have an instant damage attack. In fact, I made the choice to replace him (at 1/5*) with Lieutenant Chekov on my Skirmish team and it made fighting the Reliant and Breen warship go much more smoothly. That big crit rating boost Chekov has makes it possible for the Cube’s laser cutting beam or my 2/5* Killy to sometimes destroy the Reliant without losing any hull at all. I even considered replacing Janeway with Mirror Phlox or the Warship EMA, to have one more instant attack to use on the Reliant and Breen ships in case the others fail, but the reduction in bonus rewards just wasn’t worth it.
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the evasion ability. If you are having trouble, just wait until the effect is over, and then activate your attack/accuracy abilities. It could take longer to finish the battle, but it will be less risky
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, that ship is the only ship that ever has the chance to end the fight with damage to my hull. I'm glad it is there, it forces me to pay attention :)
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than a match...
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never had any Repairs in Phase Two, doing Elite.

But there were two definite pains. The Reliant and the Wolverine-Class Breen Ship........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Flemming @Dirk Gunderson Thanks for trying to give advice, lol. I wasn't actually asking for any though, just commenting on the ship. :smile:

I've nearly finished building reliant (level 9 right now). I think I'll use her for a few fights after seeing the performance here.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a great look for Starfleet R&D - I even one-shotted the Enterprise E a few times, but the Reliant left a few scratches on my paint more often than not. No wonder they kept the old Mirandas in service so long.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »
    It's not a great look for Starfleet R&D - I even one-shotted the Enterprise E a few times, but the Reliant left a few scratches on my paint more often than not. No wonder they kept the old Mirandas in service so long.

I still say "Avenger".........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    @Flemming @Dirk Gunderson Thanks for trying to give advice, lol. I wasn't actually asking for any though, just commenting on the ship. :smile:

I've nearly finished building reliant (level 9 right now). I think I'll use her for a few fights after seeing the performance here.

If you are interested in advice, I can share with you the setup I used to finish in 179th place (best event finish ever for me!) I lack the supreme heavy hitters so Epic is more of a adventure for me, but I found a grouping that worked fantastically well.

I ran with my 10/10 D'Kora Krayton and used a 1/5 FE Polywater Yar, immortalized Test Pilot Archer (4/4), immortalized Siranna (4/4), and immortalized Assimilated Tuvok (4/4).

Despite playing on the hardest setting I used 3 super rare crew, and never had any problems at all. The trick is to abuse the you-know-what out of the Krayton's attack ability that reduces the cooldowns on everything else. It takes a bit of practice, but despite that ship taking a pounding, I was able to keep my hull repaired to full nearly always and still dish out a ton of punishment. It takes a tad longer this way, but it was a ton of fun.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found that my 10/10 Discovery was the best ship this time. very rarely did the shields ever go down, and usually the battle was over in <7 seconds.

I tried 8 different 5* ships, and Disco was clearly superior this time.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...