Home The Bridge

New feature: Campaigns

Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
I woke up today to find I have a new feature. finishing daily tasks gives me "accolades" that add up into prizes, ultimately a 4 star and 5 star crew. I have both of these crew FF/FE, so this is probably why they show full stars in the preview.
The hexagonal item on tier 2 and tier 16 identifies as equipment chests, grey is regular and yellow is premium.
ztbx42bnv9hd.jpg
cb0k0gwv6igu.jpg
fw3doxs88iz0.jpg

Comments

• Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Durango is only 1/5 and she also shows as full stars in the preview
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Durango is only 1/5 and she also shows as full stars in the preview

Previews always do. Look at Fuzing Crew to create a new Crew of higher *. Always shows the Fusion Crew will be maxed Stars........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    How is it that you earn accolades? I accidentally closed the info box that came up when I first went to the campaigns and I can't find any way to get it back or to get any kind of help or info for this... Somehow I've already gotten a bunch, I'm just not sure how.

Nevermind, I found the blog post.
    How is it that you earn accolades? I accidentally closed the info box that came up when I first went to the campaigns and I can't find any way to get it back or to get any kind of help or info for this... Somehow I've already gotten a bunch, I'm just not sure how.

Completing Daily Chores.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • cptrioscptrios ✭✭✭
    Do you suppose we could get a free 100 or so accolades? I, like most of us, had already done some Daily Missions before the announcement was made, so I missed out on a bunch. By my calculations that means I won't be able to finish the whole thing before this first 'campaign' ends.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cptrios wrote: »
    Do you suppose we could get a free 100 or so accolades? I, like most of us, had already done some Daily Missions before the announcement was made, so I missed out on a bunch. By my calculations that means I won't be able to finish the whole thing before this first 'campaign' ends.

Just do your dailies the next 8 days you’ll have between 4375 and 5000 depending on when you finish on day 8. Only 4000 are needed for the last tier.
  • cptrioscptrios ✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

Just do your dailies the next 8 days you’ll have between 4375 and 5000 depending on when you finish on day 8. Only 4000 are needed for the last tier.

Yeah that's my bad, I just noticed the 75 for cashing in the daily reward.

What do we think the price for this'll be? I reckon much more than the monthly dil cost and I won't bite. I bought a Durango Troi for $10 when that offer was around, and I can't see spending the same and having to rely on getting the tasks done. There's a pretty healthy amount of other rewards in there, but I think the fact that you're not guaranteed all of them should keep the price lower.
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

Yeah that's my bad, I just noticed the 75 for cashing in the daily reward.

What do we think the price for this'll be? I reckon much more than the monthly dil cost and I won't bite. I bought a Durango Troi for $10 when that offer was around, and I can't see spending the same and having to rely on getting the tasks done. There's a pretty healthy amount of other rewards in there, but I think the fact that you're not guaranteed all of them should keep the price lower.

In the pinned thread Shan said "real money" to buy into bottom row, but did not say how much, that I saw. But, I have not read the whole thing yet....
  • cptrioscptrios ✭✭✭
    Aaand guess who didn't notice the pinned thread *facepalm*

I read through it now. People are suggesting $5+ per Campaign. I would neverspend that. $3.49 for a "month" of four Campaigns is possible. But, looking at the paid tier having such "gems" as 25 Chronies? No way worth more than the cost a monthly Dil Card for a "month" of doing it.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

I read through it now. People are suggesting $5+ per Campaign. I would neverspend that. $3.49 for a "month" of four Campaigns is possible. But, looking at the paid tier having such "gems" as 25 Chronies? No way worth more than the cost a monthly Dil Card for a "month" of doing it.

We'll just have to wait an see. DB has shown time and again how highly they value 5* cards (too highly for a lot of us many times :) ) so it kind of depends on how they're looking at things. Are they marketing it towards trying to have people on the hook weekly, thinking of it more as another purchase most would make once a month (or two) or something else.

Of course we also have no idea if this is what the final rewards table will even look like (or if it will be the same every single week with only the crew changing, etc.) so...
    My little hatbox on Tier Two had a 1* Pocket Watch for RAF Bashir.
  • Moose1Moose1 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019

DB has shown time and again how highly they value 5* cards (too highly for a lot of us many times :) ) so it kind of depends on how they're looking at things.

They only highly value them when you have to pay, grind or do unspeakable things to acquire one. Fire one out the airlock and really see how “valuable” they are. Lol
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My hatbox was a 1 star spring wine that I don't need, lol
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did your boxes open automatically? I've no clue what was in mine
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    They open automatically, and show in the rewards screen that pops up when you claim them.

Myself, I got a 2* Science lesson that was useful immediately.
    Looks like the probably go under Dabo wheel lore.... If something useful can be given you get it, otherwise you get a random selection.
  • Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    Looks like the probably go under Dabo wheel lore.... If something useful can be given you get it, otherwise you get a random selection.

There are plenty of useful items I could have gotten. A basic TNG command uniform was what I got.
    Yup, Dabo wheel, lol
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    Yup, Dabo wheel, lol

Ha! Nice one!

• cptrios wrote: »

DB offers a purchase of a legendary character at $10, and you'll get bonus "gems" here. No way unlocking the premium reward structure is going to cost less than that.

Since you can delay payment for the premium reward structure until you've unlocked every tier, you are then guaranteed every reward. So I don't think DB is going to lower the price for this reason.

Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

DB offers a purchase of a legendary character at $10, and you'll get bonus "gems" here. No way unlocking the premium reward structure is going to cost less than that.

Since you can delay payment for the premium reward structure until you've unlocked every tier, you are then guaranteed every reward. So I don't think DB is going to lower the price for this reason.

Agreed. Given the going rates for old legendary crew, $10 seems like the lowest that this would go for...the delay in getting rewards is offset by the guarantee of getting a 5* crew and the extra items in prior tiers.

There is something to be said for the value of added engagement that DB is looking to generate, so maybe they sweeten the pot by cutting it to $7.50. On the flip side, the price may vary with the perceived quality of the crew that are offered. Maybe they put Shinzon in there one week at $5 and Killy in the next week at $25 - extreme examples, I suppose, but not entirely out of line with the historical precedent (which was admittedly upset a little by the player-friendly price on the Survivalist Kirk deal).

As I type this, I feel the urge to remind myself that some of the other items in the premium reward track have traditionally been overvalued by DB compared to player consensus. The 10x premium pull at tier 10 is nominally worth about $6.50 (unless you get your dil from a special offer) all by itself. Even if we consider all of the other items/honor/chrons to be roughly equal to the extra goodies that come with a Tuesday $10 Legendary Deal, that’s nearly $20 in value being provided. Again, delayed rewards vs. guaranteed rewards and value of added engagement are major factors, so $10 could still be reasonable. However, I am mentally preparing myself to expect the cost to be higher than that because, well, DB.

• Agreed. Given the going rates for old legendary crew, $10 seems like the lowest that this would go for...the delay in getting rewards is offset by the guarantee of getting a 5* crew and the extra items in prior tiers.

There is something to be said for the value of added engagement that DB is looking to generate, so maybe they sweeten the pot by cutting it to $7.50. On the flip side, the price may vary with the perceived quality of the crew that are offered. Maybe they put Shinzon in there one week at $5 and Killy in the next week at $25 - extreme examples, I suppose, but not entirely out of line with the historical precedent (which was admittedly upset a little by the player-friendly price on the Survivalist Kirk deal).

As I type this, I feel the urge to remind myself that some of the other items in the premium reward track have traditionally been overvalued by DB compared to player consensus. The 10x premium pull at tier 10 is nominally worth about $6.50 (unless you get your dil from a special offer) all by itself. Even if we consider all of the other items/honor/chrons to be roughly equal to the extra goodies that come with a Tuesday $10 Legendary Deal, that’s nearly $20 in value being provided. Again, delayed rewards vs. guaranteed rewards and value of added engagement are major factors, so $10 could still be reasonable. However, I am mentally preparing myself to expect the cost to be higher than that because, well, DB.

You can buy a steam pack for 10$ any day of the week for 10$ that gives you 10 packs and 700 dil (Steam dummy account needed for multiple purchases, obviously).
    The premium campaign track gives you almost exactly 1/10th of that, 1 Pack and 72 Dil. There's no way to value it higher than 1$.

The other reward are very close to worthless, so you have a 1/5 Gold plus 1$ worth of stuff.
    The normal 10$ Legendary also includes 10$ (at 'normal' price) of Chrons. So DB is effectively giving that for 'free' in their weird valuation model.

Who knows what they'll actually price this at though.
  • You can buy a steam pack for 10$ any day of the week for 10$ that gives you 10 packs and 700 dil (Steam dummy account needed for multiple purchases, obviously).

I'd think this would definitely be against the Terms of Service laid out by both Steam and DB.

Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • My hatbox was an outfit for a crew I don’t have. Great. More useless items I have to hunt and peck for so I don’t hit the 1000 items bug.
    You can buy a steam pack for 10$ any day of the week for 10$ that gives you 10 packs and 700 dil (Steam dummy account needed for multiple purchases, obviously).
    The premium campaign track gives you almost exactly 1/10th of that, 1 Pack and 72 Dil. There's no way to value it higher than 1$.

The other reward are very close to worthless, so you have a 1/5 Gold plus 1$ worth of stuff.
    The normal 10$ Legendary also includes 10$ (at 'normal' price) of Chrons. So DB is effectively giving that for 'free' in their weird valuation model.

Who knows what they'll actually price this at though.

You’re using some very special deals as the basis for your value of a premium pack, which only reinforces my point:
    As I type this, I feel the urge to remind myself that some of the other items in the premium reward track have traditionally been overvalued by DB compared to player consensus.

DB’s standard value of a 10x premium pack is as I stated above. They throw 10 for $10s and the Steam deal at us because that is where the players tend to value them...expecting the same special deals to be a permanent part of the game is wishful thinking.
    My hatbox was an outfit for a crew I don’t have. Great. More useless items I have to hunt and peck for so I don’t hit the 1000 items bug.

I coined a name!!!!!

In case anyone missed it on the other thread:

For those asking, you can earn 550 accolades each day from completing all daily missions. Then, you can potentially earn more from daily login rewards (75 each day, doubled for high enough VIP players on some days for a potential of 150).

By completing all daily missions and redeeming your daily login bonus which includes accolades over the course of seven days, you can earn more than 4000 accolades which is what's needed to unlock tier 20.

There's also the 8th day in this Campaign beta test AND you can earn more accolades by logging in each day so there's some wiggle room for getting to tier 20 without doing everything every single day.

There is, of course, also the option to spend dilithium to complete tiers if you get to the end and are close but don't have any more earnable accolades.

With all of that said - we're also evaluating how people play while participating in Campaigns, so there may be changes to the feature after the Beta is complete.

So each accolade when launched will last 7 days? Is this correct SunshineRiker?

This Campaigns Beta is lasting 8 days in total, but the full feature will likely be longer, perhaps a month long.

• DB’s standard value of a 10x premium pack is as I stated above. They throw 10 for $10s and the Steam deal at us because that is where the players tend to value them...expecting the same special deals to be a permanent part of the game is wishful thinking.

Fair point. But, I think (mainly just based on the fact that they changed the interface to allow for campaigns) that they intend campaigns to be a mainstream part of the game and appeal to players who would buy a monthly card/steam pack/10 for 10$. Those are all long-standing permanent parts of the game too.

But you're right, if this change is just meant to appeal to the whale-iest whales who buy things in the shop at face value, I'm totally off-base.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free stuff for something I already do. I like it.
    Let’s fly!
    DB’s standard value of a 10x premium pack is as I stated above. They throw 10 for $10s and the Steam deal at us because that is where the players tend to value them...expecting the same special deals to be a permanent part of the game is wishful thinking.

Fair point. But, I think (mainly just based on the fact that they changed the interface to allow for campaigns) that they intend campaigns to be a mainstream part of the game and appeal to players who would buy a monthly card/steam pack/10 for 10$. Those are all long-standing permanent parts of the game too.

But you're right, if this change is just meant to appeal to the whale-iest whales who buy things in the shop at face value, I'm totally off-base.

I guess it all depends on which 5* crew end up being chosen. Older crew won’t reel in the whales but Campaign-exclusives definitely would.