Home Engineering Room

HALF MY FLEET JUST DISAPPEARED!

[SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in Engineering Room
Just found half the players in my Fleet gone. People are coming back in wondering what happened and why they were kicked out. Was this a glitch??? Entire squadrons gone. Did this happen to anyone else?

Comments

• Is there any way for DB to tell me if a disgruntled Officer may have kicked them all out?
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, doubt you’ll get a response on a weekend.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    No sadly I have never seen a way to tell who kicks someone. If you are the admiral you have two choices, make no one an officer and remove officership from everyone who still has it, or promote everyone to officer then only you can kick anyone. If you are not the admiral then figure out what time the kicks came and from that info hopefully narrow down who it could be and tell the admiral or have the admiral implement one of the two officer options.
    Let’s fly!
  • No sadly I have never seen a way to tell who kicks someone. If you are the admiral you have two choices, make no one an officer and remove officership from everyone who still has it, or promote everyone to officer then only you can kick anyone. If you are not the admiral then figure out what time the kicks came and from that info hopefully narrow down who it could be and tell the admiral or have the admiral implement one of the two officer options.

Thanks Apollo! Yes, I'm the Admiral. I think I will make everyone an officer - that's a good idea! Pretty crappy thing to do if it was intentional. Especially since we had build up a really good Fleet!
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty unfortunate that one of your officers did it.
    edited March 2019
    Glad to help. The one downside to making everyone an officer is that everyone can mess with starbase build priorities. So you will have to figure out a solution or talk to people about that. Also make sure to friend every person in your fleet and take screenshots with all your fleet members so you can invite them all back if this was a bug and it happens again. It also might not have been one of your officers exactly. I have heard tales of people with siblings or kids that thought it would be funny to go on to their family member's game and delete everything or kick everyone.
    Let’s fly!
  • This is weird, one of our players is posting in our Fleet chat, saying he can see his Squadron, but he's no longer in it. But he's not listed as a fleet member. He appears gone. ???
    edited March 2019
    Well contact DB and make a post in the engineering room section of forum.
    Let’s fly!
  • Well contact DB and make a post in the engineering room section of forum.

Thanks! I put in a support ticket. I opted to post ihere instead of engineering room hoping that more people would see it and perhaps know what is going on. I was wondering if this was happening elsewhere.

Hoping it’s just a glitch.
  • I have seen other ppl post about being visible vs not being visable for squads/, cpts in a fleet before. Not to the extent u r describing but a few cpts in msg were reporting differences of what they could see in the starbase, and who was or wasnt there depended on who was looking. Some of them were cpts who couldnt get into there fleet as if dismissed but the admiral screen showed them as being in the fleet.
    I know to some extent there is a glitch of this type, but also as mentioned if not an officer they can be booted.
    And if someone in your fleet did it? Have u had complaints from any of your members? Or a new person lately?
    We have termed “Q” to a player who has 20-30 accounts, changes screen name every 3 minutes, and comes into a fleet and changes everything possible and starts messing with stuff. Unfortunately there are some who find this amusing.
    One of the reasons we have asked for better command structure with 2 admiral/vice admiral and more control to those 2 ppl only to make any fleet/starbase changes.
  • I have seen other ppl post about being visible vs not being visable for squads/, cpts in a fleet before. Not to the extent u r describing but a few cpts in msg were reporting differences of what they could see in the starbase, and who was or wasnt there depended on who was looking. Some of them were cpts who couldnt get into there fleet as if dismissed but the admiral screen showed them as being in the fleet.
    I know to some extent there is a glitch of this type, but also as mentioned if not an officer they can be booted.
    And if someone in your fleet did it? Have u had complaints from any of your members? Or a new person lately?
    We have termed “Q” to a player who has 20-30 accounts, changes screen name every 3 minutes, and comes into a fleet and changes everything possible and starts messing with stuff. Unfortunately there are some who find this amusing.
    One of the reasons we have asked for better command structure with 2 admiral/vice admiral and more control to those 2 ppl only to make any fleet/starbase changes.

Yep. I think it was a guy who joined from the UK a couple weeks ago. I noticed he changed his name just yesterday. I made him an officer because he said he had some high level players that he could bring in with him if I did. He didn't bring anyone in, but started a squadron and was participating daily, so I thought everything was cool. He is the only squadron leader that is gone out of the purge. So now I'm pretty confident that it was he that did it.
  • And yeah, if you have to either make everyone or no one an officer to keep this from happening, something is wrong with the Fleet command structure.
    You know, I’d report the player to dB. If they are that kind of person let’s see if you can ban them.
  • Unfortunately, I can not for the life of me remember his name. Especially after he changed it. I did put in a support ticket, so hopefully they can find him!! I'd hate to think of him doing this to another Fleet.

I am just sickened by this.
    edited March 2019
    Hopefully those from your fleet that were cut will see here that you did not kick them and they will come back.
    Let’s fly!
  • As i said Q changed names many time in my fleet, was booted then got back in with a different account different name then changed again. So im not sure the name will help. Never called thereselves Q. We did bcuz of the behavior.
    Hopefully the ticket can help u see if this is what really happened. Then track them down. But there is still a glitch possibilty. I know our fleet was messed with but would hate just blame someone who did nothing to your fleet. In the end i would not give up on trying to find the answer and if it was malicious intent, use this a a case study to prove how much we need a better command structure and control to our fleets.
    If a squad leader wants someone out of there squad they can do that. But no one should be able to boot members except the admiral. In addition to a secondary command officer to run things in case the admiral is on vacation, natural disaster, broken device or has a real life issue preventing them from being active. The secondary officer in command would obviously be chosen by the admiral.
  • Hopefully those from your fleet that were cut will see here that you did not kick them and they will come back.

I'm hoping! Thanks Apollo!!

• Perhaps DB should look at making it so officers can flag a player for possible dismissal, so that the Admiral can see it - but only the Admiral can actually remove the player from the fleet. I do like that idea of having a Vice-Admiral in case the Admiral is unavailable.
  • Perhaps DB should look at making it so officers can flag a player for possible dismissal, so that the Admiral can see it - but only the Admiral can actually remove the player from the fleet. I do like that idea of having a Vice-Admiral in case the Admiral is unavailable.

In my fleet i am basically the vice admiral. Been in my fleet since the fleet was 2 days new. We have private msg just the two of us for crew/cpt evals regularly. It has been working since fleets were started. Thats a pretty simple way to do it without having to add another programming task for DB.
    Anyways, the private msg chat works fine for us. Its only 2 ppl talking so msg arent lost when others chime in.
    Perhaps DB should look at making it so officers can flag a player for possible dismissal, so that the Admiral can see it - but only the Admiral can actually remove the player from the fleet. I do like that idea of having a Vice-Admiral in case the Admiral is unavailable.

The problem with that would be if the Admiral disappears then no one could kick inactives.
    Let’s fly!
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maaaaannn...that's messed up. Maybe you can work out with your remaining fleet members who the dismissed members are and get them back. Or, alternately, identify the culprit.

I'm all in favor of a Vice Admiral position. I had to go into inpatient treatment for twelve days last year. I saw it coming and had the presence of mind to transfer the admiralty to another fleet member, but it could easily have been something unexpected. We had several vacancies when I left that would have gone unfilled, and that would have left them high and dry for two events.

The problem with that would be if the Admiral disappears then no one could kick inactives.

My thought would be that the vice Admiral would have that ability (instead of every officer).
  • Maaaaannn...that's messed up. Maybe you can work out with your remaining fleet members who the dismissed members are and get them back. Or, alternately, identify the culprit.

I'm all in favor of a Vice Admiral position. I had to go into inpatient treatment for twelve days last year. I saw it coming and had the presence of mind to transfer the admiralty to another fleet member, but it could easily have been something unexpected. We had several vacancies when I left that would have gone unfilled, and that would have left them high and dry for two events.

Yeah, I've asked everyone to try and remember names if they could. And I was able to find two players because they still had our Fleet tag [SFW] attached to their name. So they came back in. But so far it's only 4 out of 20 that have returned.

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maaaaannn...that's messed up. Maybe you can work out with your remaining fleet members who the dismissed members are and get them back. Or, alternately, identify the culprit.

Yeah, I've asked everyone to try and remember names if they could. And I was able to find two players because they still had our Fleet tag [SFW] attached to their name. So they came back in. But so far it's only 4 out of 20 that have returned.

It's a start, at least. Good luck finding the rest!
  • #BlameThanos #TheSnappening

Seriously though, members not just doing that, but having the capability, is messed up.
  • I hope CS can help. My suggestion for you (and anyone else reading) is never make a new member an officer. If they say they know people who can join, tell them to seek out the fleet and request to join, or do so on this forum with a PM to the recruiter. I don't think it's a good idea to give anyone officer status right when they join. :)
  • I hope CS can help. My suggestion for you (and anyone else reading) is never make a new member an officer. If they say they know people who can join, tell them to seek out the fleet and request to join, or do so on this forum with a PM to the recruiter. I don't think it's a good idea to give anyone officer status right when they join. :)

I definitely have to agree! Unfortunately, it’s also the last thing I ever expected anyone to do. Live and learn I guess.

• Good luck, doubt you’ll get a response on a weekend.
    Hear hear, my fellow disgruntled Legate.

• I absolutely agree that there should be the equivalent of a Vice Admiral position in cases where Admirals lose the ability (temporarily or permanently) to do their job. At least make it an option to give fleet members higher privileges that would possibly include the addition or removal of fleet members. User privilege is one of the most basic concepts in programming, and dates back several decades. For all intents and purposes, the “Officer” does very little, other than opening up another chat channel in-game as well as offer some minor extra privileges. Maybe a further designation like “Command Officer” could be added. From the programming side, it would simply come down to granting a few extra privileges that Fleet Admirals already get (minus the ability, for example, to disband/destroy the fleet). I suspect that it would simply consist of adding another object/instance to the fleet/fleet user class, which is not difficult.

Creating something like a Vice Admiral/Command Officer position doesn’t mean it has to be used, either, but it would certainly be a great thing for people that would like to use it.