Home The Bridge
Options

Duplicate Gauntlet 5*s

While I know this might make some folks frosty since they haven't yet won a single one, but for some lucky players who already have one, some, all of these cards FE/FF...what would YOU do with them?
Captain Bubble Bobble

Duplicate Gauntlet 5*s 80 votes

TO THE AIRLOCK! 550 honour and don't give up a crew spot.
27%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Captain_WhogarnerRocpileTravis S McClainJim RaynorNS111111Hungry Dog DDM÷ The Eternal ChampionPhotonKim[S47] ELiLCaptain ZloggJedzrilanna CroishvenBooyah {RED SQUAD [Ontario, Canada]}MuffanAldudesagimaAce_RimmerNSEA Protector 1999Cosmic Squirrel Henry 22 votes
WARP 9! Level and fuse for MOAR POWER!
42%
[SoCo] Dr. AcularCapt. ChaosNick the friendly ex borgJim SteeleCommander Sinclairlittlestoatie[SJ] Admiral Aki[SSR] GTMETeXo | Raji(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]MOZangelesSDK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All DteaGlenn Fiddich(HGH)ApolloCaptain HarlockSunshineRiker=GBP= BearTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Torias327Webberoni 34 votes
GO SIT IN THE CORNER! Keep 'em around and fuse to save crew spots, but don't waste any effort.
12%
AviTrekHaBlackCpt. CavemanAgge(10F)GeekgirlJax2UF[DD] Kirk Induced Self DestructionChaoticDNACSR _Waylander/SSR/ AHSOG 10 votes
DIAF! I haven't even got one card yet, let along FF one!
15%
Captain DurfNeos472Zann Calcore (ISA)LeshyMirrorMartiganGerryatrics[7TW] Attack EyebrowsProontImoklesCaptain SMRJoeSage 2[SST] The Nameless One 12 votes
Other...enlighten me!
2%
WaldoMag[DC] Picard Loves Reds 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would level and fuse another Caretaker without hesitation, that ENG/MED combo is unmatched by anyone else (even Leonardo). I’d probably do a third one, too. Never mind the times when he gets one or two trait matches...voyage utility alone is a reason to keep him around.

The others, I am not as certain about. Even at 2/5*, Guinan doesn’t go on many voyages (likewise for Locutus at 1/5*) and a second one would probably be on the list of casualties should slots ever become an issue. I have had Armus (also 2/5*) go on several more voyages recently and would consider keeping a second copy, though I would not burn citations on him when they could be going towards Gary Seven or crew with rarer skill combos.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would airlock caretaker (because I don't need three) but I have already leveled my second Locutus and am looking forward to another Guinan.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multiple copies are great if you can get them. As their best use is gauntlet you just need em 1/5. I am using two guinans in my current gauntlet as she has 45% crit chance. Some people do two 1/5's instead of making one 2/5.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    bqmssgs5bmwo.jpg
    One is none!!!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admit that I'm quite fortunate (RNGesus be praised) to currently have FF Locutus (2 via gauntlet), FF Caretaker, 4/5 Armus, and 3/5 Guinan.

Guinan doesn't do much for me right now (other than her 65% gauntlet), but the others are all voyage stars for me in addition to their gauntlet roles. I would gladly build a second copy of any/all of them. Were I ever so fortunate, I don't think I would build a third copy of any of them, so I'd say that star #11+ would just be honor.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Other...enlighten me!
    I do not get it. Everyone is doing duplicates or has not gotten one of any.

I would think most would not have a duplicate, but would have a few of the available ones at different fuse levels.

Right now. I am the only one who has not gotten a duplicate with one already immortalized. Or, has gotten one.

The first three in the poll are about what to do with a duplicate of one you already immortalized. The next one is you have not gotten a gauntlet legendary yet.

Other is the only one left.

Edit: I guess this is only meant for those who have gotten duplicates.
    Of course, then the one answer that is not for duplicates is meant for those people let off steam.
  • Options
    Other...enlighten me!
    I'll join you @WaldoMag . I only have a 2* Caretaker and a 5* Guinan (2 of those stars came from DYC.) So far, the "increased odds" have given me exactly 0 drops.
  • Options
    GO SIT IN THE CORNER! Keep 'em around and fuse to save crew spots, but don't waste any effort.
    i got a 2nd caretaker at 3/5 and still use him for my voyages. To be honest ill level all of them to 100 and just wait to get more stars for all of them, all the other are at 1/5 except for armus who is also a 3/5
  • Options
    This thread made wonder if people getting duplicate 1/5s of gauntlet characters and making a small army (like having 3 Caretakers at 1/5 for a round that favors his stats
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only FF’d Guinan, I need 3 stars on each of the others, but I would not airlock any of them due to Voyages.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most people would fuse the Gauntlet crew if they are also Voyage material.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any benefit to having a duplicate is too minimal to my approach to resource management to justify keeping one. It felt strange to 86 a Bartender Guinan, but I did. Having two of her in a Gauntlet isn't going to help me cover CMD, ENG, or SCI. I'm doing just fine with my Voyages and shuttles having just the one. There are plenty of 5*'s out there I still don't have that I'd rather fill that crew slot. And I'd rather use Honor Citations on other 5*'s, like when I took Sulan to 5/5 a couple weeks ago.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost air locked my 6th Guinan back in the day but hesitated in the hope that a fair exchange rate would be introduced. ~1-2 years later she is leveled and though a bit pointless, the one gauntlet she gets a 65% crit in, shes worth it for (I sport 3 Gunans if you include Gloria).

Since the gauntlet changes, I have won another two copies of her, and actually shes becoming a good card for voyages as well.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    garnergarner ✭✭✭
    I airlocked 3F Guinan for space reasons, and unlikely need for voyages being the 3rd card to begin with in that triplet. Don't regret it as Guinan doesn't see as much usage as Caretaker who I cited from 4 to 5.
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Honor is honor and more valuable than dilithium.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    I don't have an Armus or a Locutus, but I have 11 copies of The Caretaker. Not stopping till there's more of him than Ocampas.
  • Options
    Any benefit to having a duplicate is too minimal to my approach to resource management to justify keeping one. It felt strange to 86 a Bartender Guinan, but I did. Having two of her in a Gauntlet isn't going to help me cover CMD, ENG, or SCI. I'm doing just fine with my Voyages and shuttles having just the one. There are plenty of 5*'s out there I still don't have that I'd rather fill that crew slot. And I'd rather use Honor Citations on other 5*'s, like when I took Sulan to 5/5 a couple weeks ago.

You don't use citations on the spare gauntlet legendary. Just give it a spot and some sunshine and hopefully it will grow with other gauntlet drops.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two Caretakers, and this has been multi-advantageous. First, for having strong ENG for Voyages and simultaneous Faction missions a few times, and I even put both in an ENG-prime Gauntlet once, where they were both bonus crits, and ended up taking 1st by a decent margin.

I wouldn't turn down another Locutus (I only have 1 – immortalized,) or another Armus.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never thought this would happen, but I just got a 6th copy of Armus, from a 3-streak crate... I dont’t know what I should do! Haha. Now I have to give this poll some thought!
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I never thought this would happen, but I just got a 6th copy of Armus, from a 3-streak crate... I dont’t know what I should do! Haha. Now I have to give this poll some thought!
    U lucky ducky!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    U lucky ducky!

haha yup! I never got Locutus from the gauntlet and only got a couple copies of Guinan and the Caretaker, but have had crazy good luck with Armus. I got 2 copies from 3-streak and 2 copies from 6-streak rewards. Since I have the crew space at the moment and since he's still in the gauntlet, I may as well keep him in the hopes of adding to him!