Home The Bridge
Options

Staff Your Ship Offer 10/30/17 Results

I only needed a few Bajoran faction items to finish equipping Resistance Shakaar, and then I'd have been entirely caught up again on my crew, so when the Staff Your Ship offer popped up again, I decided to splurge. Here are my results.

Pack #1
0afleq9ldkqe.jpg
1szbtbztwz8c.jpg

Already Immortalized/Maxed
Mara
H.M.S. Bounty
Commander Kor
Keevan

I have no enthusiasm for Augment Riker or Formal Dress Wesley Crusher, so the second star on Resistance Shakaar was an easy choice. From the remainder, I kept the pair of Lwaxana Trois, which I was able to fully fuse with a third from a subsequent pack.

Comments

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pack #2
    r08dnecnjvpr.jpg
    rgtffsrloq72.jpg

Ensign Vorik
    Talos IV Spock
    Mara
    Lieutenant Saavik
    Commander Chekov

Funny to get Formal Dress Wesley Crusher in a second Behold! in as many packs, but I was more interested in taking the third star for Edith Keeler.
  • Options
    Pack #3
    enxenmhbguoz.jpg
    2wx6bm2i4cl6.jpg

Hockey Kim
    Rifle Janeway
    Acting Nagus Brunt

This Behold! required a little contemplation. ENG is the skill that's clearly my biggest Gauntlet deficiency, so I was tempted by Assimilated Torres. I loved First Contact, so I was tempted by Phoenix Cochrane, too. In the end I decided that there were other 5*'s I was more eager to acquire and would rather commit one of my crew slots to them than either of these, and I was perfectly content to add a second star to Sulan.
  • Options
    Pack #4
    goic5bdetfmu.jpg

Ambassador K'Ehleyr
    Commander Kor
    Constable Odo
    Commander Chekov
  • Options
    Pack #5
    dguk4b5a2btb.jpg
    fffs7b2d262q.jpg

Prisoner 'Bones' McCoy
    Talos IV Spock
    Sniper Reed
    Writer Jake Sisko

I yawned at this Behold! trio. Ambassador Sarek was already immortalized, and I have no enthusiasm for either Orion Slaver or Ambassador Picard, having dismissed copies of both previously already. I tentatively picked Picard, but subsequently dismissed him yet again.
  • Options
    Pack #6
    vd5y9mq3ls1r.jpg
    H.M.S. Bounty
    Writer Jake Sisko
    Hockey Kim
    Chief Engineer La Forge
    I.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701
    Lursa Duras
    The Viceroy
  • Options
    Pack #7
    7um0zyho6ap1.jpg
    rphd867s2j17.jpg

Lieutenant Saavik
    Maquis Takeover Torres
    Racquetball Bashir

I could have had a 3/4 Formal Dress Wesley Crusher by now! Alas, I just don't have enough enthusiasm. I later decided I didn't have that much enthusiasm for Drafted McCoy, either, and dismissed him.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Pack #8
    fd9rf47op9fy.jpg
    rssic8jsse60.jpg

Commander Kor
    B'Etor Duras
    Subcommander T'Pol
    Commando Crusher

WEYOUN! This was the first time he's ever dropped for me, and I had to actually stop to bother looking at the other two choices. Oddly, both are from the "Quadrilateral" event (Kurros was added for its replay). Thankfully, I already had both immortalized, making it a no-brainer to go ahead and recruit Weyoun Clone 4. This was the first genuine bit of excitement, and it was the eightieth item to open.
  • Options
    Pack #9
    ladymlcvlqvg.jpg

Martia
    Prisoner 'Bones' McCoy
    Doctor Selar
    Acting Nagus Brunt

The exciting thing here was that these U.S.S. Defiant schematics were the last that I needed in order to max that ship!
  • Options
    Pack #10
    ub7fetxaxi4d.jpg
    8gtnq04qwkr5.jpg
    lilbv58kulzq.jpg

Hockey Kim
    Senator Cretak
    The Viceroy
    I.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701

This Legendary Behold! was just plain MEAN. I ultimately chose 1701 Sisko on the basis that I didn't have him at all, but I certainly want to add stars to Mirror Intendant Kira and General Chang, too!

The 100th item was rather anticlimactic, following that 99th, but I was still pleased about Commander T'Pol. That was an easy choice, as I already had Claiborne Chekov and 1701 Jadzia Dax immortalized, though it was still nice to get her.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did that deal a month back and didnt get a single legendary. I will not buy that deal again.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    I just did really well out of mine: Chancellor Gowron, Admiral Nechayev, Age of Sail Crusher, Judge Q and Lt Commander Jadzia Dax. Very lucky indeed: makes up for the one I bought two months ago which had almost nothing useful.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I did pretty well out of my 10 packs too - Kai Opaka, Hippocrates Noah, and a second star for Bashir, Julian Bashir, all very welcome for a DS9 fan. Not a bad selection of others too, only one out the airlock (GI Chuckles, already have him 4/4 - not that I ever tried, he's just accumulated, like leftovers).
  • Options
    Weyoun! I'm jealous ;( he's my favourite, but I don't have him
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a pretty good haul

Legendary:
    Grand Nagus Rom 2nd star
    The Professor 2nd star
    RAF O'Brien (finally!)

Super-Rare:
    Duras Sisters - enough singles plus a 3* citation bought them to 2nd star
    Commander Tomalak 3rd star
    Fencing Sulu 2nd star
    Maquis Ro 3rd star
    Feezal Phlox 2nd star
    Admiral Picard - already FF, airlocked
    Dr. Chapel - airlocked; no space
    Hologram Barclay - actually spaced a copy of him I got from voyages earlier in the day...too late to reenlist, so I airlocked him too
    Romulan Kirk - keep for now
    My first-ever behold with all three options FF (Princess Jadzia over Sarek and Chief O'Brien), airlocked

Rare:
    Most were airlocked, but there were a few I needed:
    Commander Scott 3rd Star
    First Maje Culluh 3rd Star
    Dr. Selar 3rd Star
    Ambassador Fox 1st and 2nd star. Was the last non-Duras sister 3* I needed to start work on.

Ships leveled up:
    Enterprise Classic to level 7
    USS Voyager maxed
    Defiant-class maxed

5300 honor
    more unneeded schematics than I care to count
  • Options
    BigstupidgrinBigstupidgrin ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I'm going to airlock any rare crew that aren't Lursa Duras. Not really interested in leveling up any new ones. Not looking for any ship schematics so I'll skip mentioning them.

Results:

Pack 1: Vedek Bareil. I've airlocked him before, I have the slots but I don't know. He can be a medical crew for voyages? 900 honor in other crew which is great. Probably 1100 honor when I airlock Bareil too.
    Pack 2: 4* Behold! With only one choice! Jarok isn't bad for gauntlet at least. 600 honor.
    Pack 3: KDF Gowron (edit, apparently I didn't immortalize him). That makes 500 honor.
    Pack 4: Platonian Kirk: already 4/4. That makes 800 honor.
    Pack 5: 4* Behold! A good choice this time: my 4th David Marcus. Highlight of the 10 pack so far. 700 honor.
    Pack 6: 5* Behold! All new to me: Dancing Uhura, Frank Hollander, and Crell Moset. Hollander's art is pretty awesome, but let's pick with gameplay in mind. Initially Crell's 3 skills (science and medicine too) makes me want to grab him, and I think with that in mind I'll go with him. 800 Honor.
    Pack 7: Niners Kira (my first). 700 honor.
    Pack 8: 5* Behold! And I own all three of them (not immortalized)! 1701 Sisko, Photomorph Worf, And Falcon (punch) O'Brien. Sisko is at 2/5, while Worf and Falcon (punch) are at 1/5. As much as I like Sisko, and the fact that he's already at 2/5 for me... Falcon is just stupid good. Let me know if you'd consider otherwise. 600 Honor.
    Pack 9: 5* Behold! It's not even my birthday. All new to me: First Officer Riker, Mirror T'Pol, and 23th Century Martok (LUL). Mirror T'Pol has three decent to nice prof rolls, which will make her a good Voyage crew and decent Gauntlet crew with a trait or two, and she's got a bunch of traits. Riker: common skillset (command/diplomacy/security). Going with T'Pol but of course let me know if you'd take Riker (I'm not even looking up Martok). 700 honor.
    Pack 10: 4* Behold! Only one choice for me (two that are already 4/4) is my 2nd Lon Suder. 400 honor.

All in all: 6,900 honor (not keeping the Vedek). Jarok, my 4th David Marcus, 1st Crell Moset, 1st Niners Kira, 2nd Falcon, 1st Mirror T'Pol, 2nd Lon Suder.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the offer and took it (thankfully finally shook the schem offers for now). Got a lot of fully maxed beholds, but landed one more star for EV Tucker and got my first intendant Kira.

I figure it's always a crap shoot. I'll risk 10$ on a crap shoot, but not 30 or 50....

• Options
    Kaitee wrote: »
    I feel like I did pretty well out of my 10 packs too - Kai Opaka, Hippocrates Noah, and a second star for Bashir, Julian Bashir, all very welcome for a DS9 fan.

Same, so I had pretty good luck this time. First three packs allowed me to immortalize three 3/4s (Sloan, Kor, Mirror Ezri). Also got 2 Duchamps and a double legendary behold with Grilka and Obsidian Order Garak.
  • Options
    Another 10 packs, another waste. I'm done with this. I hope DB reads this. I'm not buying any more pop-up offers, never paying for another premium portal pack, and not renewing my card once this month is up.

The only remotely satisfying packs to me anymore are the ones with more than 3 event crew, like the themed packs of 6 or especially last year's Halloween packs. Because with just 3 crew members, chances are I'm getting the 4-star, and chances are I have it already or don't want it. And with the entire galaxy at my disposal via the regular 10-pack portal, apparently that thing is so swamped with 3-stars and 4-stars that (even though there are tons of 4-stars I still don't have) I can never seem to get anything I actually need.

It's not me, DB. It's you. I'm over this gambling. At least on a slot machine, my chances of a good outcome don't diminish every time I get one. Make it a store where I can buy what I want, or at least make it so I'm not just throwing my money out the airlock every time. The honor system isn't cutting it. Until then, my wallet is closed.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    5* Behold! And I own all three of them (not immortalized)! 1701 Sisko, Photomorph Worf, And Falcon (punch) O'Brien. Sisko is at 2/5, while Worf and Falcon (punch) are at 1/5. As much as I like Sisko, and the fact that he's already at 2/5 for me... Falcon is just stupid good. Let me know if you'd consider otherwise. 600 Honor.
    Tough call that. I would have probably taken Falcon too despite having Protoworf at 2/5* (I dont have falcon yet).
    Pack 9: 5* Behold! It's not even my birthday. All new to me: First Officer Riker, Mirror T'Pol, and 23th Century Martok (LUL). Mirror T'Pol has three decent to nice prof rolls, which will make her a good Voyage crew and decent Gauntlet crew with a trait or two, and she's got a bunch of traits. Riker: common skillset (command/diplomacy/security). Going with T'Pol but of course let me know if you'd take Riker (I'm not even looking up Martok). 700 honor.
    Another tough call, I get beaten by T'Pol alot in the Gauntlet, but I am a big fan of TNG and Riker so I would have taken him. All in all, a decent result.

I've cut down a lot on spending due to space restrictions and low levels of honor gained from airlocking crew.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Legendary Behold! was just plain MEAN. I ultimately chose 1701 Sisko on the basis that I didn't have him at all, but I certainly want to add stars to Mirror Intendant Kira and General Chang, too!
    Some good results there! I would have taken Kiras second star, and Borg Torres (I need a decent Jury Rigger) but hey, you cant argue with Sisko or Sulan either.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I'm going to airlock any rare crew that aren't Lursa Duras. Not really interested in leveling up any new ones.

I've been highly selective about Rares for about a year now. A couple months ago, I decided to make a point to collect as many DS9 characters as I can get. I'm down to just needing Gilora Rejal, and I still need stars for Captain Kasidy Yates and Mora Pol. I did decide to keep Commander Maddox and Lwaxana Troi from these pulls just because there were enough copies to fully fuse each. I'm at 140 immortals, so it seemed silly to me to toss out those two when they can get me that much closer to 150 relatively easily.
    Pack 6: 5* Behold! All new to me: Dancing Uhura, Frank Hollander, and Crell Moset. Hollander's art is pretty awesome, but let's pick with gameplay in mind. Initially Crell's 3 skills (science and medicine too) makes me want to grab him, and I think with that in mind I'll go with him. 800 Honor.

There's that one node that presently, only Crell Moset and Rianna Mayweather can crit, so he was probably the right choice.
    Pack 7: Niners Kira (my first). 700 honor.

She's really high on my wishlist still. Jealous!
    Pack 8: 5* Behold! And I own all three of them (not immortalized)! 1701 Sisko, Photomorph Worf, And Falcon (punch) O'Brien. Sisko is at 2/5, while Worf and Falcon (punch) are at 1/5. As much as I like Sisko, and the fact that he's already at 2/5 for me... Falcon is just stupid good. Let me know if you'd consider otherwise. 600 Honor.

That's a tough call. I think I'd probably rather get Sisko to 3/5 than Falcon to 2/5, but I suspect numbers-wise, you made the right choice.

I'd have gone with Mirror T'Pol, but that's just because the Mirror crew is a subset I collect and she's one of the remaining three I don't have (the others are Bashir and Worf).
    All in all: 6,900 honor (not keeping the Vedek). Jarok, my 4th David Marcus, 1st Crell Moset, 1st Niners Kira, 2nd Falcon, 1st Mirror T'Pol, 2nd Lon Suder.

Niners Kira, Falcon, and Mirror T'Pol make your pulls more exciting for me than mine were!
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another 10 packs, another waste. I'm done with this. I hope DB reads this. I'm not buying any more pop-up offers, never paying for another premium portal pack, and not renewing my card once this month is up.

The only remotely satisfying packs to me anymore are the ones with more than 3 event crew, like the themed packs of 6 or especially last year's Halloween packs. Because with just 3 crew members, chances are I'm getting the 4-star, and chances are I have it already or don't want it. And with the entire galaxy at my disposal via the regular 10-pack portal, apparently that thing is so swamped with 3-stars and 4-stars that (even though there are tons of 4-stars I still don't have) I can never seem to get anything I actually need.

It's not me, DB. It's you. I'm over this gambling. At least on a slot machine, my chances of a good outcome don't diminish every time I get one. Make it a store where I can buy what I want, or at least make it so I'm not just throwing my money out the airlock every time. The honor system isn't cutting it. Until then, my wallet is closed.

I've opened 5 of 10 so far with three FF beholds. Only kept two cards, a Maquis Eddington (junk, but now FF) and my fourth Command Hologram. The rest was honor/replicator fuel. I still need stars for 39 other super-rares clogging up my roster. (Including Weyoun :^P)

Complaining to Customer Service does no good (tried that). "We know that it is frustrating, yadda yadda, but it's working as intended..."

One improvement (and it is a small one, see above) is to get rid of the straight character drops and at least make it seem like we get a choice via a behold.

I'm done except for guaranteed packs where I think I might have a chance at someone I need.