Home The Bridge

Should this deal be fixed?

2»

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    When I was getting the receipt, all of them had tax but that is typical Illinois

Let me just say, Illinois is the worst.

Signed,
    Man from Wisconsin

It’s god awful. It’s run by idiots, extremely political, and the state is broke.

Very true. I lived in Rockford for a year while on an internship and worked in Granite City for two more years at another job, and end up there often enough at my current position to need an I-Pass. I once even turned down a job interview in the middle of a months-long period of unemployment after graduation simply because the job was in Chicago and there was no way to avoid a 90-minute commute from Wisconsin or Indiana.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cook county, the most populous county in the country, has a 10% tax. I live in the next county over, Will, and the difference is ridiculous. Some things are really brutal. A pack of cigarettes is 7.50 in Will, 12.50 in Cook. Gas is nearly $1 more a gallon in Cook.

According to Al Gore's Interweb, Cook County is the second most populated county in the U.S., behind Los Angeles County in California ;)

My wife is originally from IL and I flew into Chicago regularly for visits, and I believe you 100% on how insane the prices are there, it is BONKERS! And I say that as someone who works in Seattle, where prices are pretty ridiculous!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was getting the receipt, all of them had tax but that is typical Illinois

Let me just say, Illinois is the worst.

Signed,
    Man from Wisconsin

It’s god awful. It’s run by idiots, extremely political, and the state is broke.

Very true. I lived in Rockford for a year while on an internship and worked in Granite City for two more years at another job, and end up there often enough at my current position to need an I-Pass. I once even turned down a job interview in the middle of a months-long period of unemployment after graduation simply because the job was in Chicago and there was no way to avoid a 90-minute commute from Wisconsin or Indiana.

I even forgot about the damn tolls. The first one I hit is $4.80. And of course I hit it on the way home too

ByloBand wrote: »
    Cook county, the most populous county in the country, has a 10% tax. I live in the next county over, Will, and the difference is ridiculous. Some things are really brutal. A pack of cigarettes is 7.50 in Will, 12.50 in Cook. Gas is nearly $1 more a gallon in Cook.

According to Al Gore's Interweb, Cook County is the second most populated county in the U.S., behind Los Angeles County in California ;)

My wife is originally from IL and I flew into Chicago regularly for visits, and I believe you 100% on how insane the prices are there, it is BONKERS! And I say that as someone who works in Seattle, where prices are pretty ridiculous!

I’m going to take my word for it over Al Gore

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a product. This is entertainment. I receive nothing physical. When the game ends, I have nothing.

With other digital things you own the right to say to have a copy of a song, so you have something. Sales tax being charged is wrong, it should be some kind of entertainment tax.
  • it all looks like Enron Math to us. [/quote]

😂
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    L.A. County is the largest county in population. Cook is the second. Easily googleable. As for Illinois being political, show me a state without politics.
    Let’s fly!
    L.A. County is the largest county in population. Cook is the second. Easily googleable. As for Illinois being political, show me a state without politics.

Perhaps when I heard that admittedly some years ago it was true. A for a state that is not political, gaseous state is not, state of suspended animation is not, and stately Wayne Manor.
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I'm so glad I live in a country where tax is a once a year payment based purely on income. No VAT for me :smile: