Home Engineering Room

Ads suddenly causing game to crash

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
Used double up ads all day today and then suddenly it causes the game to crash, I'll be able to run a mission and hit 2x rewards, it plays the ad and then the second the ad is done the game restarts to the disruptor beam splash screen and I do NOT have my 2x rewards

Galaxy Note 8, newest version of the game

Comments

• GaldranGaldran ✭✭✭
    Same problem here. using a Pixel 2xl, newest version of the game
  • Same here too, Pixel 3. Ad sometimes appears with a banner along the bottom, and with a few info buttons in the corner but otherwise the screen is blank and after about 20s the game restarts. Looks like Facebook is the ad provider, (which I've not seen before).
  • Same, there seem to be new type of ads(new layout) they cause me to crash, and display only black screen
  • Same as above, Samsung Galaxy S9+.
  • [DDF]McMave[DDF]McMave ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Yes, same problem here. I've already submitted a ticket. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. I want my extra boosts packs :innocent:

[edit] Samsung Galaxy S9+ aswel
    Proud member of the [DDF] fleet.
  • Okay, I managed to find a temporary fix.

As soon as the "black" video starts playing, report button is in the top right corner. Tap it and report the video as inappropriate or repetitive or whatever. You'll get thrown back where you started and try to play the video offer again. You'll get another video (for me its Wolt or Gardenscapes) and that'll work just fine.

Burned a lot of cadet tickets doing this... needing them boosts....
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are what the ads look like for me the last few days. Was going to start a thread, but these two issues are likely linked.

6kh5n9c5xbge.png

uv9539i8pm8g.png

enzpjk396oan.png
  • Having same with pixel 2. Multiple ads including tidal music and some handyman ad. Not the typical ads. Restarts game, loses ad and ad credit. Pull the bad ads please.
  • Zaphod69Zaphod69 ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    My ads look the same. But they actually seem to play since i hear the sound and i get the rewards, too.
  • Master Foo. Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, for me, it keeps giving me other similar style ads. And then I ran into the quandary where there was a David Sedaris ad, and I didn't really want to flag it and by the time I tried to make up my mind my game crashed again.
  • Same Here Lenovo P2 Snapdragon 600 series and Nokia 8 Snapdragon 835 Series both 4GB memory and both have a 100% ad app crashrate ofcourse this happens on thursday lol
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the reports everyone, we are looking into it!
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ads have just started crashing the game too 4mfnzx2bf57r.png
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Add me to this list, Samsung Galaxy 8+, android 9. Exact same issue.
  • /SSR/ AHSOG/SSR/ AHSOG ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I have 2 accounts on 2 devices; 1 Nexus 6P, 1 Pixel 2 XL, both are having the ad issue this morning. Can we ticket support for all the lost Shuttle Boosts?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problematic network has been turned off for now while we continue to investigate the issue.
    To be on the safe side I would restart the app. I am unsure if the effect is immediate or not.

If this persists please continue to provide details in this thread, specifically your device and the ad network. Thank you so much.

You can of course contact Support but be advised that it will take some time to get a reply.
  • I can confirm they are working again for me.

I understand you don't want Support bogged down with tickets over this. Why not send out 6x 10x Standard Shuttle Boosts to everyone as universal compensation over this?
  • edited April 2019
    It worked after I restarted the game. Itried one before restarting and still got the bad ones. However when I did run it I ran it as the stand-alone ad run on the cadet mission and I'm not seeing a reward. But the next double worked. Sort of, it doubled with no ad run.
  • Got 2 consectutive ads from a different provider with successful doublers, seems ok for now thanks Shan for the quick fix this morning.
    I shared the above images from my phone. I am now home and OMG they are HUGE, so sorry about that, it was not intentional.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I shared the above images from my phone. I am now home and OMG they are HUGE, so sorry about that, it was not intentional.

No worries!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm they are working again for me.

I understand you don't want Support bogged down with tickets over this. Why not send out 6x 10x Standard Shuttle Boosts to everyone as universal compensation over this?

I think this is fair. For now, I will wait before submitting a ticket. Thank you for considering.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will not be sending out a global compensation for this, so submit a ticket as needed.
  • GaldranGaldran ✭✭✭
    Its broken again, same ads are back on causing the same issue.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean that you are again seeing ads surfaced with the Facebook Ad Network?
    And you have restarted your device after I confirmed it should be resolved?
    I've been having issues with ads again today. It is possible it is a local issue, but reporting just in case it is not.

I'm kind of running the gamut of ad issues. Sometimes the black screen just lingers forever and I have to do a restart, sometimes the black screen lingers for 5+ seconds followed by the ad running and then taking me back to the warp screen without reward, sometimes the ad runs normally and then takes me back to the warp screen with no reward (current record this weekend is 4 ads before the reward finally triggered), and once no ad ran at all it just gave me the reward (felt good too given how many extra ads I've had to watch this weekend!).
  • I wasn't getting the broken ads after you pulled them, but they returned tonight, still broken like before. Samsung Galaxy 8+, Android 9.0
  • Ya I'm constantly getting these ads that restart the app or just do nothing and wont let me exit. Aggravating cause there is a Da Vinci I'd like to think I have a chance of getting. Who knows today could be the day, and these ads are shutting me down!

Pixel 2, Android 9
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan as of tonight this is happening again... Can't double up any cadets as they make me watch the entire ad then as soon as it's done the game restarts to the disruptor beam splash screen. My ticket is consumed but I do not get the double up
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to be able to report the ad to get a different working one but even that doesn't work anymore, they're all ads that just show a black screen and then crash the game when done... Annoying