Home The Bridge
Options

For $9.99 USD, will you be buying the premium rewards for Campaigns?

For $9.99 USD, will you be buying the premium rewards for Campaigns? 212 votes

Yes, they have nice rewards
37%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Warrior WilloZ•A•P•P ©™WaldoMag[DSEF] dax0rIkritabegheer1McCaptainfaceKaiteeJim RaynorLady GaghgaghGrumpfer[TLA]  84wbCapt Ajammdext74KettleKorn[10F] NewtonianQBallseXo | RajiPhotonKim~peregrine~ 80 votes
Yes, the legendary Citation itself is worth the $10
35%
Chief Eud{DD}rickJeanLucKirkSSR BarkleySabine of AthensRoadrunner {SG-66}Zombie Squirrel eXo | SilverRose (retired)NS111111Cpt. CavemanAuntieACommander Sinclair[SJ] Admiral AkiAntasil[SSR]Trollhammeren[SSR] GTMETHungry Dog DDMPlasma(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••][Deleted User]Agge 76 votes
Yes, but its not enough rewards
4%
Zann Calcore (ISA)RENTANeXo | Ramza[PAaA] Admiral SpearNeed  Good LegendsPGHNateLummelundaColonel green 1994FechoCaptain Kerberos 10 votes
No, I unable to spend an additional $9.99 a month
19%
Captain_Whomilamber42[NDQ] Joker41NAMRocpileGAWA[DB-DO BETTER] [7TW] Captain plim123Jim SteeleKTzBigguyinblackLeshyLegendary SpacemanShakaarDrone_oneIntellectual FuryBekkaGerryatricsParker RobbinsCaptain ZloggDScottHewittShy Khan 42 votes
No, the rewards **tsk tsk**
1%
[QH] OxmyxCrazy JaneUebermindShellandflame 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it weren’t for the citation, even the gift of a 4/5* crew might make Campaigns a “maybe” purchase if that crew didn’t fill some kind of collection or skill gap need I have. With the citation? It might be hard to say no, even though the prospect of going from $4 to $14 every single month sounds like a bad deal on its face. I never got into games like WoW or SW:TOR in part due to the idea of paying $12-14 every single month...
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to say "Yes, Provisionally". It will be a debate based on the 5* and maybe some of the other rewards. But it definitely peeked my interest.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeaaaaaaaaaah, probably.
  • Options
    Yup. Probably not every month, but given the citation prize... I've plenty of 1-3 starred legendaries it'd be nice to bump up and even complete collections with.

Even if I've already got the legendary it's still an extra 2200 honour.
  • Options
    Not until they sort out the currency conversion rate.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what the 5* crew reward at the end is
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna have to see all the rewards before I decide. Leland is Disco crew so would probably pay for him.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    I will buy it but only if i like the 5* crew.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but it will depend upon the 5*. If the crew is a command/security/diplomacy combo every month, then my interest will wane. At this price point I don't expect the best legendary crew, but want some variation, especially to fill my voyage gaps (read Med+Tech).
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may change my mind about this, but for now, it's a provisional "no". This would be a significant chunk of my monthly budget for the game. If I'm buying the campaign, then I won't be buying other offers. It's a trade-off that I'll have to weigh as time goes on.

The good news is that I have no interest in Leland, so it's easy enough for me to sit the first one out and evaluate it at my leisure.
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    Just remember, you can opt in later on if you choose to and still get the rewards.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I will certainly buy if I want the character. I'll skip this first one due to high lack of interest.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Not until they sort out the currency conversion rate.

Thats nothing DB is responsable for, nor have they the power to change it. Google Playstore, apple, facebook, steam and amazon set the different currency prices for the tiers.

Out of experience amazon devices have the best exchange rate for european players. For example, on iOS the biggest dilithium bundle, which is 99,95$ USD, costs me 110€(125$), on amazon Fire its 85€(96$) only, and if u pay with amazon coins u can save up to 20% on top, so its only 68€(77$).

So if you buy a lot its even worth to buy the cheapest amazon fire, just to use it for in game purchases, only.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    I may convert my usual 10 x 10 spend to this offer instead. If the legendary is powerful, I may even drop the extra $25 on the DYC, similar to my occasional Mega buys.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeanWins wrote: »
    I think this was a great Implementation by DB, I can't believe I heard myself say that out loud.

Not just cause they are giving great stuff out, but because I think it combines a great balance of both Cash and effort, to get the rewards, not just one or the other, so its a great balance.

Only tweaks I would say, which have been suggested before, would be to reward other aspects of the games instead of just dailies, such as gauntlet, and especially fleet donation.

Oh god no, leave Gauntlet out of it. It's hideous and I'm glad it's a part of the game I can totally avoid.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but it will depend upon the 5*.

Nuff said.

• Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    I will buy it, but I can't afford to buy it every week. I will likely end up buying it once a month or so.

It sounds like a great deal...but we well see how it goes.... Voyages we great too...at first.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etienne wrote: »
    I will buy it, but I can't afford to buy it every week. I will likely end up buying it once a month or so.

Since the first full campain runs for 28 days once a month is all that is needed...
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes they will sell us a 1/5 for 9.99 this is essentially a 5/5 for 9.99 plus everything else. If there's even a halfway reasonable amount of dilithium and honor this seems like their best deal.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how does this Google survey for money thing work again?

Also will trade comics for Itunes cards.

Also if Leland is a stinky two skill crew than he ain't worth $10.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't buy anything right now. When I can, $9.99 for a 4/5 Legendary, a 5* Citation, and all the other stuff you would get for the other 95 accomplishments sounds like a more than fair deal. I suggested $3.99 a month when thought it was going to be 1/5 if a Legendary for a month's work.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Yes the legendary reward is worth it plus all the other goodies
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may change my mind about this, but for now, it's a provisional "no". This would be a significant chunk of my monthly budget for the game. If I'm buying the campaign, then I won't be buying other offers. It's a trade-off that I'll have to weigh as time goes on.

The good news is that I have no interest in Leland, so it's easy enough for me to sit the first one out and evaluate it at my leisure.
    I am curious which deals interest you. Everyone has different tastes and likes on deals. Hard to find the best ones for value past monthly cards.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    It depends on the rewards to be honest. If they were like the beta, they aren’t worth it unless I’m also invested in the 5*. That said, I am interested in Leland, so I will probably buy it this time.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it's a once-a-month thing, yes? Yeah, I can see myself shelling out. Given that I don't have Leland (and he's turned out to be a lot more fun than he seemed at first) I'll definitely put my chips in for this first campaign. After that... it'll probably depend on who's the gold, if I have them already, or genuinely have little interest in them (I mean there's very few Trek characters I actually dislike, but you won't find me reaching into my wallet for, say, Lincoln with a spear). Given how I mainly chase just getting legendaries, not bothering with more than one star, there's a whole lot of 1/5s in my crew I could happily get a few more copies of.

I'm assuming the rate of rewards will be laid out roughly like the beta - get your dailies each day, you'll have enough to clear the board before the end of the campaign. I wouldn't want to be paying up front if I needed to do like a billion gauntlet fights or anything to cash in, so hopefully it's still just the standard dailies.
  • Options
    [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what the 5* crew reward at the end is

This, and things other people have said in the same vein. If it’s a legendary I really want, I’ll definitely buy in. But otherwise, I’m more than happy limiting my investment to the monthly card and an occasional $10 legendary here and there.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »
    I'll definitely put my chips in for this first campaign. After that... it'll probably depend on who's the gold, if I have them already, or genuinely have little interest in them (I mean there's very few Trek characters I actually dislike, but you won't find me reaching into my wallet for, say, Lincoln with a spear).

Funny. Lincoln with a spear would be an easy $10 from me.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs