Home The Bridge

Crew Request (Discovery S2 spoiler inside)

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
Last chance to leave before the spoilers start. :)

DB, on behalf of myself and at least two other people ;) , I am starting a thread to request "Medical Attention" Reno. Personally, I would like to see about a dozen variants of Jett Reno, but the scene where she is walking through sick bay with her finger up is about the top of that list. There may be some things that bother me about Discovery, but Jett Reno helps me forget about all of that. And I can't help but think that your own writing staff would just love to do some dialog between her and... well, just about anyone.

6zp23d854r38.jpg

I saw an idea for a Romantic mega event. I don't want to wait that long, but I think she would fit in. Maybe with the EMH after he strikes out with Seven or McCoy when he had a year to live and wanted to run away with that alien chick. (Feel free to cite some episodes if anyone is so motivated.) We had a small influx of SCI/ENG/MED crew a while ago and I think she would fit into that club in some combination.

DB, thanks for considering.

Fellow captains, jump in here and let them know that it's a thing they should do. :)
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want her to have 5*/4*/3*/2*/1* variants. That injured finger scene was hilarious. First it was like "What a big baby!", but then you quickly realize what she was really doing!
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Another version of "rhymes with poo" would be a great pairing with her. Even if it's 'lost in network' Hugh.

All the Jet.

All the Hugh.

All the Detmer.

All the Owosekun.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Jett Reno was great. Originally the name of the character was Denise Reno but the actress that plays her, Tig Notaro said "No, Jett is better." I really enjoyed the character. The character is essentially just Tig Notaro being Tig Notaro but in space. She is great!
    Let’s fly!
    Yes Jett Reno was great. Originally the name of the character was Denise Reno but the actress that plays her, Tig Notaro said "No, Jett is better." I really enjoyed the character. The character is essentially just Tig Notaro being Tig Notaro but in space. She is great!

That is the perfect summary of her!!!!!! She is always so awesome!!!!! I'ma be honest, the only reason I saw "Instant Family" is because I saw in the library catalog she is in it. And the whole movie ended up being awesome. I'd watch her read a newspaper. Out loud or even to herself. Because she would make it hilarious!!!!!!
    Yes, Tig has a dry humor that cracks me up.
    Let’s fly!
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    This!

Plus I would like to see Me Hani Ika Hali Po as well. Nice engineering & diplomacy skills along with a decent artwork would work out fine.
    /edit: Command would of course also work on her.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    This!

Plus I would like to see Me Hani Ika Hali Po as well. Nice engineering & diplomacy skills along with a decent artwork would work out fine.

Yeah she is great. I liked that Discovery brought in the people from the short treks into the show.
    bv0keksdew3k.gif
    Let’s fly!
    This!

Yeah she is great. I liked that Discovery brought in the people from the short treks into the show.
    bv0keksdew3k.gif

I think the idea was all four Short Treks connect to the season.

Po shows up to help, using her Dilithium Regenerator we heard about.
    We learn the Ba'Ul are the ones eating the Kelpiens.
    We learn Disco goes to future.
    They use Time Crystals, previously connected to Mudd.

That is the perfect summary of her!!!!!! She is always so awesome!!!!! I'ma be honest, the only reason I saw "Instant Family" is because I saw in the library catalog she is in it. And the whole movie ended up being awesome. I'd watch her read a newspaper. Out loud or even to herself. Because she would make it hilarious!!!!!!
    I think this is how Tig would respond to how much you like her.
    7ce7v5sv0447.gif

Let’s fly!
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This!

She should certainly be an Engineering beast. I would look forward to building spumoni equipment.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want my emergency medic Jet, primary Med secondary engineering, tertiary command
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want my emergency medic Jet, primary Med secondary engineering, tertiary command

This is the "Stranded Reno" that I mentioned above, but you're right - I would prefer that she be Legendary instead of Rare.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I want Nhan as a 2* crew. She's not technically needed anymore with cadet warps, but she's the 2* female/starfleet/alien with SEC primary that we've been looking for. In fact, she's probably the first character that fits that description in all of Star Trek.

I can certainly get behind this as well.
    Farewell 🖖
    I would take any Jett Reno. I would love for her to have a sound quote. So few new crew do. Has any new crew had a sound quote since The Romulan Senator who says, "it's a faaaaake."
    Let’s fly!
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    I'd do a Reno pull...wonder if Red Angel Burnham will be a thing
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
    Red Angel was such a great mystery and such a letdown conclusion.
    Let’s fly!
  • There’s a lot of Disco crew who would be great cadets.

I wonder now that they have warpable cadet missions if they are going to de-emphasize 2* crew even more than they already do. They’re pretty much all about the 4s and 5s, especially if they think people will pay and pay until they get them maxed.
    There’s a lot of Disco crew who would be great cadets.

I wonder now that they have warpable cadet missions if they are going to de-emphasize 2* crew even more than they already do. They’re pretty much all about the 4s and 5s, especially if they think people will pay and pay until they get them maxed.

I'm not going to say how much I would pay to get Jett Reno with sound quotes. Ssshhhhhhh
    Farewell 🖖
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭

It was a twisted conclusion but as we could see it coming down 6th avenue since ep # 5 or so it was not a surprise or letdown here...bet we get one
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I want Nhan as a 2* crew. She's not technically needed anymore with cadet warps, but she's the 2* female/starfleet/alien with SEC primary that we've been looking for. In fact, she's probably the first character that fits that description in all of Star Trek.

2* in her red Enterprise uniform, then a 4* Discoskirt version.

While we're on spoilery crew that'd be cool, Tenavik.
    edited April 2019

It was a twisted conclusion but as we could see it coming down 6th avenue since ep # 5 or so it was not a surprise or letdown here...bet we get one

I would like the show in season 3 to be more ensemble. Too many storylines revolve around Burnham and her family. Too many storylines are solved by Burnham doing everything while everyone else sits around. I like Burnham and her fam but it is just too much. It is pushing out everyone else and storylines they could have and making the show a little one dimensional.
    Let’s fly!

I would like the show in season 3 to be more ensemble. Too many storylines revolve around Burnham and her family. Too many storylines are solved by Burnham doing everything while everyone else sits around. I like Burnham and her fam but it is just too much. It is pushing out everyone else and storylines they could have and making the show a little one dimensional.

I'm a Burnham-hater. I like Spock, Amanda, Sarek, pretty much all crew from the Enterprise and Discovery... But not Burnham for the reasons that you listed along with some of the faces she makes at the camera. Not that she is a bad actress, but those scenes are just over utilized.
    /end rant

But because of all that, I want more of the other Discovery crew. More Amanda, more Linus, more Tilly, but mostly...

ALL THE RENO!!!
    Farewell 🖖
  • SpukkZSpukkZ ✭✭✭

They should've just named the show Star Trek: Burnham really.
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpukkZ wrote: »

They should've just named the show Star Trek: Burnham really.

Now that they are gone into the future maybe then we will see Burnham Borg sphere
    kvk9538s58g4.png
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
    **tsk tsk**... This devolved.

Reminder: MOAR RENO!!!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Captain DurfCaptain Durf ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I think she is a terrific actress. And we’ve known since before the show started that it was centered around her character, so it’s not surprising one bit the show revolves around her. I think they gave a lot of screen time to the others though, especially Pike and Spock once he came on. Well, except maybe Stamets. He took a back seat for a lot of this season it seemed.

As for over acting and mugging the camera, she doesn’t hold a candle to Shatner or Avery Brooks. They are the worst.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    My hope for next season is that Burnham ends up captain, that way we can move on to it being an ensemble show.

That said, we definitely need Reno to make an appearance in this game. And I will second or third or whatever Nhan as a 2*. I'm a little disappointed no one's mentioned Dr. Pollard as needing a card - she's been an entertaining background character.

Honestly, I'd be down for a Disco-only event where they just introduce all of the senior crew and main features into the game. I'm sure tonnes of people's heads would explode...but that might be more entertaining than the game itself.
    I want Owosekun and Detmer too.
    Let’s fly!