Home The Bridge
Options

Crew Request (Discovery S2 spoiler inside)

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think she is a terrific actress. And we’ve known since before the show started that it was centered around her character, so it’s not surprising one bit the show revolves around her. I think they gave a lot of screen time to the others though, especially Pike and Spock once he came on. Well, except maybe Stamets. He took a back seat for a lot of this season it seemed.

As for over acting and mugging the camera, she doesn’t hold a candle to Shatner or Avery Brooks. They are the worst.

To each their own. Personally I think she cries WAAY too much and also seems to be in a constant state of either surprise or numb expressionlessness.

Also my own opinion is that while Shatner sometimes overacted, especially in season 3, for the most part he simply put real emotion and depth into a 60s tv Sci-fi character, which is really saying something.

As for Brooks, I think he’s one of the all-time best Trek actors ever. He makes Sisko into a real, breathing persona with more depth and realism than all the STD actors combined.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of these actors being accused of "overacting" in this thread are actually overacting - they each presented heightened and stylized performances that have engaged millions of viewers for decades.

Pearls before swine.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    UebermindUebermind ✭✭✭
    I'm going to automatically airlock Jett Reno if she's introduced in the game.
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Uebermind wrote: »
    I'm going to automatically airlock Jett Reno if she's introduced in the game.

Thanks for your input. Bring on the Jett.
  • Options
    Commander Nhan
  • Options
    This!

Plus I would like to see Me Hani Ika Hali Po as well. Nice engineering & diplomacy skills along with a decent artwork would work out fine.
    /edit: Command would of course also work on her.

Command or security can be added, since she was fighting and leading the cavalry against Command, exposing it's vulnerabilities.