Home The Bridge

$9.99 Offer today is Curzoned Up Odo.....

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
Just popped up for me.
What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too, my white whale.
    Let’s fly!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    It would be the final star for me. Trying to decide if I go for it, or wait out a begold.
  • I have him at 1 star. Trying to decide if it’s worth adding a second for $10....
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    I have him at 1 star. Trying to decide if it’s worth adding a second for $10....

My general rule for this is "Are you planning to use citations to get him to 5/5?" If not, a 2/5 is generally not worth any cost. Stats barely improve at 2/5 or 3/5. Obviously the question of whether or not you want him 5/5 is up to you. I use him a lot at 1/5, but his overall numbers (on the most common skill set in the game) don't really justify citations to me.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, I knew I would not be even close to spelling that Trill word right.

But, people savvyed "Curzoned Up", right?
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Totally bit on this. I have him at 3/5. Now 4/5
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    For some reason the wiki is acting up on me, but he's still something like the 5th best base DIP correct? If anyone here has him at 1/5, how often do you use him?
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason the wiki is acting up on me, but he's still something like the 5th best base DIP correct? If anyone here has him at 1/5, how often do you use him?

I have him at 1/5, and he was great a year ago. But even with my fairly poor Dip, he's behind my 5/5 Interfaced La Forge, 5/5 Romulan Picard, 1/5 Prof Sato, 5/5 Cornwell, 5/5 Etana, 5/5 Romulan Data, 5/5 Guinan, 4/4 Mintakan Troi, 5/5 Garak Elim Garak, 1/5 Chancellor L'Rell, 1/5 Humbled Archer, 4/4 Armed Philippa Georgiou, 1/5 BONO, and 5/5 Borg Queen for base Dip. And he's my 72nd-best Voyager now.

But he's great for events, and counts as a Dax as well as an Odo. He's my strongest Odo dip (not far ahead of Trader Odo, however), and my strongest Dax Dip, well ahead of 1/5 Bell Riots Dax. Events are his strength, for sure.

I've been hoping to get more of him from begolds, but at 1/5 I don't think I'll citate him or spend $10 on a star for him.
  • For some reason the wiki is acting up on me, but he's still something like the 5th best base DIP correct? If anyone here has him at 1/5, how often do you use him?

He is the #3 base DIP, behind Professor Sato and Humbled Archer. I have him at 1/5, and I don't really use him much outside events TBH. His calling card is his eligibility for all Dax and Odo events. That's a great feather in his cap, but it is increasingly becoming the only feather.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    It would be the final star for me. Trying to decide if I go for it, or wait out a begold.

That’s a no-brainer. It’s $10. Drop the $10 and immortalize him

• I just FF'd him about a week back so this offer isn't useful this time.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just realized, Poor Odo. 9 Variants of his chracter, and they are all a combination of COM/DIP/SEC.
    Even Quark has MED and ENG
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

10 Best Base DIP...
    Professor Sato
    Humbled Archer
    Zhian'tara Odo
    Admiral Kirk
    Human Torres
    Chancellor L'Rel
    Harcourt Fenton Mudd
    Chancellor Gorkon
    UFP President Ra-ghoratreii
    Bridge Officer Number One

10 Best Combined Average (Base+Prof) DIP...
    Mambo Picard
    Martian Quark
    Stranded Quark
    Smitten Jean-Luc Picard
    Bridge Officer Number One
    Professor Sato
    Interfaced La Forge
    Virtuoso Doctor
    Senator Vreenak
    Inglatu
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3rd highest Diplomacy in the game, and several people don’t seem to think his numbers are worth citing. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the debate on a Diplomacy main Mega-Event character rages on. More proof each crew is unique and we don’t all need the same things. I for one, took the deal for Star #5, and have zero regrets.
  • He's a strong crew. He sees regular use for shuttles, as in probably on a shuttle 90%+ of the time, but he is rarely on a voyage. He is also frequently event crew as both an Odo and Dax. He is in the regular portal so you can expect to immortalize him eventually sans citations.

If I didn't have him immortalized, I would bite, which is to say he's good, but not so good I'm considering a second copy.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too, my white whale.

Thats why i bought him. Chasing him since forever with no luck.
    Finally, i have at least 1 copy of him. :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this crew member. A version of both Dax and Odo with what is still a top DIP base skill value. Have him at 4/5 now. I promised myself after buying the $10 campaign, though, that I was done spending for the month. So, I think I will hold out for now. My gold citation from the campaign may get used on Z-Odo.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the only Odo varient I don't have, but I blew my weekly budget fishing for Kes. <shrug>
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had him at 3/5*, I would buy it. Alas, mine is only 1/5*, so I will save my U$D 10 for another day.

Y’all’s comments were very helpful to me in my decision-making process. Thank you. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

I have him 1/5 and he's my #5 active DIP base (I froze all my DIP 4*s) ...
    - He's pretty much out on a shuttle 75% of the time (my top DIP crew are usually on a Voyage).
    - He is awesome for events.
    - Never use him on Voyages, where if I need DIP/CMD/SEC I'd probably send out a 1/5 Chancellor L'Rell instead.
    - I'm sure that if I defrosted those "star" 4* DIP crew he'd hardly be used, as I have 5 4* DIP crew that have a higher base than he does.

Definitely a case of awesome potential ... if I ever manage to get the resources to cite him up/get beholds with him featured ... but then I'd probably cite up L'Rell first, because I like the character better. :)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✔️ Odo
    ✔️ Dax
    ✔️ Changeling
    ✔️ $10
    Done and done. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✔️ Odo
    ✔️ Dax
    ✔️ Changeling
    ✔️ $10
    Done and done. :)

It is very tempting but I think I will pass. I have lots of Odos and Daxes and getting him would mean a 1/5 and I need to put my honor elsewhere. For $5 I would have bought it DB.
    Let’s fly!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m really on the fence here. Even a pro/con list hasn’t helped:

Pros: fun character, good diplomat when 5/5*, huge event potential
    Cons: limited usefulness at 1/5*, will not be cited until after Prof Sato, the Xindi Insectoid, and Proph Sisko are cited

Thoughts from the crowd? I have a stout DIP crew and LtC. Dax and Trader Odo have me covered for Dax/Odo event DIP, and even if I take the deal he’d probably sit at level 1 until the next event that gives him a bonus.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm an event nut. The event potential sealed it for me. My squadron leader shared him one event. That sealed it for me.
    Farewell 🖖
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have him 1/5 now, but think I'll be skipping this one. I don't see myself citing him until after some other crew I have so instead of sitting at 1/5 he'd just sit at 2/5. If I had more stars on him already it'd probably be a different story.

• eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »

I have him 1/5 and he's my #5 active DIP base (I froze all my DIP 4*s) ...
    - He's pretty much out on a shuttle 75% of the time (my top DIP crew are usually on a Voyage).
    - He is awesome for events.
    - Never use him on Voyages, where if I need DIP/CMD/SEC I'd probably send out a 1/5 Chancellor L'Rell instead.
    - I'm sure that if I defrosted those "star" 4* DIP crew he'd hardly be used, as I have 5 4* DIP crew that have a higher base than he does.

Definitely a case of awesome potential ... if I ever manage to get the resources to cite him up/get beholds with him featured ... but then I'd probably cite up L'Rell first, because I like the character better. :)

Good to know...i ended up passing on him but did buy the $10 for Cape Sulu when he was for sale for very similar "favorite character" reasons :wink:
  • Guess I "haven't been here long enough" to post pics. Lmao. Fine. I maxed him a while ago, and use him super regularly since then.
    He's a great crew! Shuttles, voyages, ... Not much use in gauntlet, but ya can't win every category all the time...
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decent offer, but probably pass as if I had a spare $10 I would spend it on the campaign
    DB: Do Better