Home The Bridge

Why the riker dislike?

I was looking at some of the robin hood collection and realised the only missing character was little John (aka riker). Then I realised that of all the missing next generation mirror event characters the only missing characters were wesley crusher and surprise surprise Riker. Then I looked at the variants of riker and overall their stats are great either please DB can we a decent Will Riker please. Maybe Captain Riker from best of both worlds?

Comments

• RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the Great Riker Migration. It was right after the Great Trip Explosion. Fun times.

I would like to see a Captain Riker or a Desperate Riker from the Borg Universe one of these days.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps, in recognition of a recent announcement, we could get a new Riker variant with a big smile on his face, almost as though the Sun is Shining on him.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote for Chef Riker aka Best Riker.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Tortured riker would have been great for the last mega event.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some Riker love from DB would be nice!
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Riker was superfluous on TNG, his main job was to steal half of Picard's lines on the bridge and to occasionally tell Picard he couldn't go on away missions.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Riker was superfluous on TNG, his main job was to steal half of Picard's lines on the bridge and to occasionally tell Picard he couldn't go on away missions.

Riker was also the overtly sexual person on the show, though I believe Picard got more women than he did.
  • I would like to see Thomas Riker as Commander Riker from DS9 or a Mirror Thomas Riker.
  • MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I vote for chef riker. Conflicted, chef, pilot plus the regular traits.
    I also vote double card of the riker troi wedding. Like how we have the rozhenko’s.
    Of course im sure he will appear for sherwood forest collection and mirror riker for mirror collection. Hint? Hint?
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps, in recognition of a recent announcement, we could get a new Riker variant with a big smile on his face, almost as though the Sun is Shining on him.

I would enjoy this. My next two favorites would be Borg Universe Riker and Little John.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    k8jk47cn1zc0.jpg
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just couldn't go for chef Riker, I can never forgive him for photobombing the Enterprise finale. As far as I'm concerned ENT concluded in the penultimate episode :smile:

Chef Riker who is secretly Chef Neelix in disguise!
    ujml4dnuwg1f.png
    Let’s fly!
    I would have titled this thread "A Little More Love for the 'Other' Riker" ;)
    Farewell 🖖
  • IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    Maquis Thomas Riker and the Stolen Defiant. 5* Maquis ship.
    Ivlain wrote: »
    Maquis Thomas Riker and the Stolen Defiant. 5* Maquis ship.

That's a great Skirmish idea. And I love Skirmishes. DB, please make this a thing.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who I really want out of Riker is Constable Riker from Time’s Arrow. That is my absolute favourite star trek episode two-parter in the whole franchise. I don’t know why exactly but I just really enjoy it. We have YET to get anyone from that two-parter and there are sooooo many good variants and original characters in it: Victorian Guinan, Constable Riker, Nurse Crusher, Playwright Picard, Samuel Clemens/Mark Twain, Jack London, 19th Century Data.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Who I really want out of Riker is Constable Riker from Time’s Arrow. That is my absolute favourite star trek episode two-parter in the whole franchise. I don’t know why exactly but I just really enjoy it. We have YET to get anyone from that two-parter and there are sooooo many good variants and original characters in it: Victorian Guinan, Constable Riker, Nurse Crusher, Playwright Picard, Samuel Clemens/Mark Twain, Jack London, 19th Century Data.

I have already suggested a full “times arrow” mega to include all of those crew. And a collection.
    Or the first super mega including all temporal anomaly stories. We are still missing a few from “futures end” and “1701” crew. In this case a temporal collection.
  • Who I really want out of Riker is Constable Riker from Time’s Arrow. That is my absolute favourite star trek episode two-parter in the whole franchise. I don’t know why exactly but I just really enjoy it. We have YET to get anyone from that two-parter and there are sooooo many good variants and original characters in it: Victorian Guinan, Constable Riker, Nurse Crusher, Playwright Picard, Samuel Clemens/Mark Twain, Jack London, 19th Century Data.

THEORY: Jack London (or the bellhop guy if im mistaken) is Riker's greatgreatgreatgreat grandpa. he said "go north". Riker was from alaska.
    I'd be in favor of new versions if they were blatantly disrespectful, like perhaps Protomorphosis /Caveman Riker, or Armus-drenched Riker.
  • IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    Who I really want out of Riker is Constable Riker from Time’s Arrow. That is my absolute favourite star trek episode two-parter in the whole franchise. I don’t know why exactly but I just really enjoy it. We have YET to get anyone from that two-parter and there are sooooo many good variants and original characters in it: Victorian Guinan, Constable Riker, Nurse Crusher, Playwright Picard, Samuel Clemens/Mark Twain, Jack London, 19th Century Data.

Better throw the card shark in there, too. He was played by Dukat, after all. 😁
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Barclay (one of the main characters from the comic they used) is also missing. Riker has a minor part compared to him
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

For me, I would have gotten rid of Riker and not Yar.
    I had finally gotten use to Yar when the killed her. But Riker, I have to agree with a friend, they were intending to have Riker take over as Captain. But when Patrick Stewart was not only the best actor during season one but the most liked character, Riker was saddled with being number two.

Out of all the original TNG cast I felt he was the worst actor. I still believe that to this day.

But, still he is in the series. Other than acting, I believe he has helped Star Trek have the success that it has had. He does deserve to have other incarnations. Even Chef Riker, though he was assuming the role of Enterprise's chef, that was one of the worst episodes of Enterprise I saw. It's only saving grace is the return of Shran. It was all done third person viewing through holodeck. So, none of it needs to be true to the actual encounter. Hint, Trip does not actually have to be dead.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

For me, I would have gotten rid of Riker and not Yar.
    I had finally gotten use to Yar when the killed her. But Riker, I have to agree with a friend, they were intending to have Riker take over as Captain. But when Patrick Stewart was not only the best actor during season one but the most liked character, Riker was saddled with being number two.

Out of all the original TNG cast I felt he was the worst actor. I still believe that to this day.

But, still he is in the series. Other than acting, I believe he has helped Star Trek have the success that it has had. He does deserve to have other incarnations. Even Chef Riker, though he was assuming the role of Enterprise's chef, that was one of the worst episodes of Enterprise I saw. It's only saving grace is the return of Shran. It was all done third person viewing through holodeck. So, none of it needs to be true to the actual encounter. Hint, Trip does not actually have to be dead.

Rodenberry wanted to get rid of Troi but then the Yar actress, Denise Crosby, unexpectedly quit so Troi was not cut from the show. Riker was never in the equation of firing. But yes the Riker character was weaker than it should have been. The writers seemed to want him to be Kirk like and have Riker hit on all the ladies but it just came off as mostly weird and sometimes gross like when he hit on Data's daughter. I think there was more they could have done with Riker's character.
    Let’s fly!
    Oh! I'd also be OK with Third Officer Riker, from the episode "Conundrum", where he gets outranked by the imposter Executive Officer McDuff, or Montage Riker where he spends most of the episode getting his skull drilled on by Dr. Pulaski!