Home The Bridge

Why the riker dislike?

2»

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    2i4e70qvlf0f.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • ByloBand wrote: »
    Oh! I'd also be OK with Third Officer Riker, from the episode "Conundrum", where he gets outranked by the imposter Executive Officer McDuff, or Montage Riker where he spends most of the episode getting his skull drilled on by Dr. Pulaski!

Maybe an imposter mega? with McDuff, section 31, changelings etc and the pegasus as the new 5* ship for the skirmish?
  • MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    Jimmyt85 wrote: »
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Oh! I'd also be OK with Third Officer Riker, from the episode "Conundrum", where he gets outranked by the imposter Executive Officer McDuff, or Montage Riker where he spends most of the episode getting his skull drilled on by Dr. Pulaski!

Maybe an imposter mega? with McDuff, section 31, changelings etc and the pegasus as the new 5* ship for the skirmish?

This idea is great. Make it happen please?
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019

This idea is great. Make it happen please?

I love it! If it happens, can I get an assist ;)

-EDIT-

Actually, we can bring this idea back around full circle by including Thomas Riker impersonating Commander Riker!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Riker was superfluous on TNG, his main job was to steal half of Picard's lines on the bridge and to occasionally tell Picard he couldn't go on away missions.

For me, I would have gotten rid of Riker and not Yar.
    I had finally gotten use to Yar when the killed her. But Riker, I have to agree with a friend, they were intending to have Riker take over as Captain. But when Patrick Stewart was not only the best actor during season one but the most liked character, Riker was saddled with being number two.

Out of all the original TNG cast I felt he was the worst actor. I still believe that to this day.

But, still he is in the series. Other than acting, I believe he has helped Star Trek have the success that it has had. He does deserve to have other incarnations. Even Chef Riker, though he was assuming the role of Enterprise's chef, that was one of the worst episodes of Enterprise I saw. It's only saving grace is the return of Shran. It was all done third person viewing through holodeck. So, none of it needs to be true to the actual encounter. Hint, Trip does not actually have to be dead.

Rodenberry wanted to get rid of Troi but then the Yar actress, Denise Crosby, unexpectedly quit so Troi was not cut from the show. Riker was never in the equation of firing. But yes the Riker character was weaker than it should have been. The writers seemed to want him to be Kirk like and have Riker hit on all the ladies but it just came off as mostly weird and sometimes gross like when he hit on Data's daughter. I think there was more they could have done with Riker's character.

Thanks for info.
    I right after the first episode wanted Troi out. She makes her comment at the end. And I wanted Picard to say no s**t Sherlock.

Though I found her to be a very good actress, as Stewart.
    But her characters ability to somehow no the emotions of someone through a Transmission🤔. And the movie with Shizon. She uses the manual targeting for the phasers and looking at a view screen which has no relation to the actual target in space, positions the target on the view screen to fire at.😜
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joystick Riker also needed. Needs awesome ship ability, skirmish event.

xj0csb247f1b.png

That joystick is a travesty, but I like the idea of a baby faced Riker in the newer uni.... Smooth as an android's behind Riker?
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Joystick Riker also needed. Needs awesome ship ability, skirmish event.

xj0csb247f1b.png

That joystick is a travesty, but I like the idea of a baby faced Riker in the newer uni.... Smooth as an android's behind Riker?

It was a total gimmick, but I liked it anyway. It was the old Riker who just "feels" the right thing to do, the maverick. Did Frakes direct that movie? That would explain how it got in there.

And I like your name for him. That would be a riot if they went with it.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riker was superfluous on TNG, his main job was to steal half of Picard's lines on the bridge and to occasionally tell Picard he couldn't go on away missions.

I had finally gotten use to Yar when the killed her. But Riker, I have to agree with a friend, they were intending to have Riker take over as Captain. But when Patrick Stewart was not only the best actor during season one but the most liked character, Riker was saddled with being number two.

Out of all the original TNG cast I felt he was the worst actor. I still believe that to this day.

But, still he is in the series. Other than acting, I believe he has helped Star Trek have the success that it has had. He does deserve to have other incarnations. Even Chef Riker, though he was assuming the role of Enterprise's chef, that was one of the worst episodes of Enterprise I saw. It's only saving grace is the return of Shran. It was all done third person viewing through holodeck. So, none of it needs to be true to the actual encounter. Hint, Trip does not actually have to be dead.

Rodenberry wanted to get rid of Troi but then the Yar actress, Denise Crosby, unexpectedly quit so Troi was not cut from the show. Riker was never in the equation of firing. But yes the Riker character was weaker than it should have been. The writers seemed to want him to be Kirk like and have Riker hit on all the ladies but it just came off as mostly weird and sometimes gross like when he hit on Data's daughter. I think there was more they could have done with Riker's character.

Thanks for info.
    I right after the first episode wanted Troi out. She makes her comment at the end. And I wanted Picard to say no s**t Sherlock.

Though I found her to be a very good actress, as Stewart.
    But her characters ability to somehow no the emotions of someone through a Transmission🤔. And the movie with Shizon. She uses the manual targeting for the phasers and looking at a view screen which has no relation to the actual target in space, positions the target on the view screen to fire at.😜

I liked the actress, her character was annoying. She can feel things but none of it is very helpful while the whole series she is grabbing her head and crying out. That got old real quick.
    Let’s fly!
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

If you’re going to do an impostor mega, you have to include the Janeway with the cheap wig, the seriously questionable Tuvok, and the weird overaggressive Chakotay impostors.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I just couldn't go for chef Riker, I can never forgive him for photobombing the Enterprise finale. As far as I'm concerned ENT concluded in the penultimate episode :smile:

I am in 10000% agreement, literally Terra Prime ended ENT for me, that was its finale. I refuse to think of 4-22 as anything but a fever dream.

Someone wanted to get rid of Crusher too, *Scottish accent* I was no happeh.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

If you’re going to do an impostor mega, you have to include the Janeway with the cheap wig, the seriously questionable Tuvok, and the weird overaggressive Chakotay impostors.

Good episode and a great suggestion to add those Imposters.
    Farewell 🖖