Home The Bridge

Making sense of the parenthesis......

Mods, please pardon me if I don't know how to ask for what I am looking for, and if this has been posted somewhere before. Thanks in advance for directing me to the right page.

I have difficulty interpreting the stats of crew, specifically the meaning of the numbers in parenthesis.....
After a trait, for example - COMMAND - One character I have has a rating of 795, followed by "+(191-456)". What do the numbers after the "+" mean? Thanks, and please be gentle......

Comments

• JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Traits have a BASE score (795) & Proficiency roll that ranges from +191 to 456 (per your example). That means that character will roll 795+191=986 minimum to 795+456=1251 maximum to pass the number needed (away missions).

They are also the only numbers used for the Gauntlet (per your example that char will show 191 - 456 when you load him into the Gauntlet to compete against the same skill as someone else's char)

Someone else can do Voyage average prof & Shuttle fun-ness ;-)
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe Sage2 wrote: »
    Traits have a BASE score (795) & Proficiency roll that ranges from +191 to 456 (per your example). That means that character will score 795+191=986 minimum to 795+456=1251 maximum to pass the number needed (away missions).

Furthermore to this, when you're playing in the Gauntlet, it is ONLY the parenthesis skills that matter, no base stats. So your character's "rolls" will go vs. other players' "rolls"
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    And in faction (shuttle) events only the score outside of the parentesis matters.
    Let’s fly!
  • JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Which reminds me that in Voyages it takes the average Proficiency & adds it to the base to give that char a number per each skill (your example would be (191+456)/2 = 323.5 + 795 = 1118.5 CMD Voyage skill for that char.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proficiency is the Gauntlet roll. Base and some of the proficiency equals Voyage total.
  • Wow... Thanks y'all. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, or asking the right questions, but I don't think I have seen it as clearly as you all have answered it. Thank you again.
  • JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    No worries
  • As everyone above advised, different portions of the game use the “base” set number, or “proficiency” the (#-#) portion. Some parts of the game combine, then randomize where u land on the proficiency portion like a roll of the dice.

I would like to add in your crew screen u can at the top select a skill icon then sort by base, proficiency, or combined. Fyi
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    As everyone above advised, different portions of the game use the “base” set number, or “proficiency” the (#-#) portion. Some parts of the game combine, then randomize where u land on the proficiency portion like a roll of the dice.

I would like to add in your crew screen u can at the top select a skill icon then sort by base, proficiency, or combined. Fyi

I just discovered recently you can do the same thing in the Vault.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a Cardassian work camp, what is this “gentle” word you speak of? :p
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    to summarize, a crew's skill can be represented as:

base# (min# - max#)

base# is used for shuttles
    base# + average (min#, max#) is used for voyages
    range of base# + min# to base# + max# is used for away missions and cadet challenges
    range of min# to max# is used for gauntlet
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Man, that will help my Gauntlet strategy.... It's felt like a shot in the dark for so long.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    David Luna wrote: »
    Man, that will help my Gauntlet strategy.... It's felt like a shot in the dark for so long.

The best Gauntlet strategy is to accept that the Gauntlet is a shot in the dark. ;) Speaking of strategies, you'll find the forum members are pretty helpful in explaining things. We mostly use the Ready Room sub-forum for this. You might want to scroll through and look at some of the thread titles. Chances are, someone else has had the same question as you and you won't have to wait for someone to reply.

Also, when you fuse a crew member, that will increase their base skill, but it will not affect their Proficiency stats.

Also also, there are two ways to increase your crew member stats. One is by joining a fleet that has been building (or starts to build) a Starbase. When completed, that will boost all of your stats by 10% across the board so long as you remain in that fleet. The other way to gain stat bonuses is to hit certain milestones of some specific Collections. You'll find these in the Cryostasis Vault. The maximum value of these bonuses vary, but they go up to 5%. These bonuses are unique to you, so even if you leave a fleet, your stats will retain these bonuses.

Good luck!
  • Mods, feel free to move this thread to the Ready Room if you feel it neccessary. Thanks.