Home The Bridge

Campaign equipment drop feedback

I believe I recall Shan asking for specific feedback on the equipment drops in campaign, I just wanted to share that I'm finding them MUCH more consistently useful than the dabo equipment. You have to keep an eye out that they are not all the same quality level equipment, but I received 2 lvl 90 legendary equipment for a crew I was working on from ONE campaign equipment drop.

I'm intentionally leaving high faction item/chron cost equipment available when I see campaign equipment drops coming up and it's often paying off for me!

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Previously I left my crew as low as possible until I could fuse them up and then I equipped them. Because of these boxes, I equipped as much as possible all of my crew. After that, the boxes were mostly useful. Except, I got multiples of high value items that I didn't need when they were plenty of other items available but I did need. I suppose that about half of everything I got was immediately useful. The other half I'll have to look through my inventory to find and figure out how to get rid of.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    The boxes have been fantastic for me, it seems to somehow always be for crew I'd been recently working on despite having many crew with open equipment slots, maybe I'm just lucky but either way, it's been great
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The premium tier boxes have been wonderful. The boxes on the free tier have been prone to “Dabo Shenanigans” for me, including 2 with Occupation Odo shirts when he is frozen, was not on my crew, or recently dismissed. I do not believe a single useless item dropped from premium crates, and I got a lot of exciting equipment from those. Still a fan, just wondering about the odds of 2 Occupation Odo shirts on different days.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I’m happy to hear that there are people with positive experiences...I’ve gotten a few general items that are useful for multiple crew but most of it has been unique equipment for crew not owned at all or long-frozen. I cleaned out my inventory just a week or three ago down to 833 items and am already back to 875 between Dabo prizes, gauntlet drops, and Campaign rewards.

Edit: after clearing Tier 98, it’s now 879 items. A 4* duotronic probe, a 3* Starfleet security uniform, and a 3* Maquis emblem are okay (though the only Maquis crew I can think of that I don’t have would be Maquis Tuvok and I don’t even know if he needs one), a 3* Archer’s Uniform and a 3* Kohlinar text are not.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m happy to hear that there are people with positive experiences...I’ve gotten a few general items that are useful for multiple crew but most of it has been unique equipment for crew not owned at all or long-frozen. I cleaned out my inventory just a week or three ago down to 833 items and am already back to 875 between Dabo prizes, gauntlet drops, and Campaign rewards.

Edit: after clearing Tier 98, it’s now 879 items. A 4* duotronic probe, a 3* Starfleet security uniform, and a 3* Maquis emblem are okay (though the only Maquis crew I can think of that I don’t have would be Maquis Tuvok and I don’t even know if he needs one), a 3* Archer’s Uniform and a 3* Kohlinar text are not.

Similar results for me, @Dirk Gunderson. Lots of crew-specific items I can't use that are filling up my inventory.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is everyone training past the items they want.

For instance I had a section 31 Georgiou at level 60-70 trained to 70.

The 4 items were a 3* outfit, 3* agonizer, 4* ID code, 4* tequila. These were the only 3-5* items I had trained through. There were no 5* items available.

This is what I got. It included a random 5* item, but the 3/4* items were controlled.

5uha79fn64vy.jpeg
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    No screenshot, but I had Arachnia Janeway trained to 70? 60 with an open slot for the 4* Identification Code, hoping it would drop from Dabo/Gauntlet for use in equipping Keyla Detmer between 90-100.

The Campaign crate dropped 2 of them. :) 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had both kinds of experiences as described in this thread. When I've been in the middle of leveling crew, the campaign boxes often have dropped useful stuff. When I've had everyone at either level 1 or FE, the boxes are dropping a LOT of crew-specific items. I'd prefer generic items in those situations, but I can live with it either way. Just need to do inventory clean-out more frequently.
    I've had both kinds of experiences as described in this thread. When I've been in the middle of leveling crew, the campaign boxes often have dropped useful stuff. When I've had everyone at either level 1 or FE, the boxes are dropping a LOT of crew-specific items. I'd prefer generic items in those situations, but I can live with it either way. Just need to do inventory clean-out more frequently.

When you don't have an item of the rarity trained through, you get a random item, given the shear number of unique crew items its much more likely to be crew specific than generic.

To really take advantage of these boxes, you need to control what items are available and have them really only be generic items. Maybe open 2-3 of these boxes at once with the only 3 and 4* items trained through being 3/4* encoded comms and ID codes. Things that get used on almost every crew. You can easily wind up with several of each item so you don't want any crew specific items to be options.
  • AJD284AJD284 ✭✭
    I've had some decent drops for the crew that I'm working on, but since most of my crew are leveled these items usually are a waste and just take up inventory space. But the drop chances are definitely better than dabo when I do have a new crew that needs a hard to make 4* or 5* item.
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some good points mentioned here I wonder if people don't realize. you have to have trained your crew PAST the level required in order to equip the item you desire to drop. IE if you want a lvl 76 piece of equipment, you must level up your crew to lvl 76. if you don't want the level 80 equipment to drop, don't level that high yet. also make sure you've built all the other components from 70-76 that you do not want to drop (unless they are all chron expensive or heavy faction items and would be useful as well).

The low level boxes are less useful, since it won't be a chron expensive equipment but maybe will save you one or two faction items.
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

The 4 items were a 3* outfit, 3* agonizer, 4* ID code, 4* tequila. These were the only 3-5* items I had trained through. There were no 5* items available.

This is what I got. It included a random 5* item, but the 3/4* items were controlled.

5uha79fn64vy.jpeg

I’m at the point where I am really only leveling one crew member ten levels per day (outside of new 4* event crew, of course). For the 5* crew I work on, I’ll take them to level 50, equip everything, press the level-up button, equip the first item, and leave the other equipment to be built the next day. For FF’d 4* crew, I do the same thing but don’t power-level to 50 first.

As of right now, I have both BO #1 and the White Rabbit at level 80 of 90 with only clothing equipped. I understand completely if loot boxes won’t drop a mountain of 5* equipment to fill those six open slots but it would be nice to get non-character-specific items or at least sub-assemblies of character-specific items instead of hard-to-find replicator fodder.
    edited May 2019

5uha79fn64vy.jpeg

As of right now, I have both BO #1 and the White Rabbit at level 80 of 90 with only clothing equipped. I understand completely if loot boxes won’t drop a mountain of 5* equipment to fill those six open slots but it would be nice to get non-character-specific items or at least sub-assemblies of character-specific items instead of hard-to-find replicator fodder.

The fact you have them at 80 of 90 with clothing equipped guarantees you won’t get anything.

Put them at 90/90 with only the lvl 80 clothing equipped and you can get those 6 items.

5uha79fn64vy.jpeg

The fact you have them at 80 of 90 with clothing equipped guarantees you won’t get anything.

Put them at 90/90 with only the lvl 80 claiming equipped and you can get those 6 items.

So the algorithm won’t drop tailored equipment if it’s locked out by level even if it can be built from the character screen? Interesting, thanks!

Now the question becomes whether I can stand to look at the “you have things you can build” notifications more or less than I can stand having to clean out my inventory from time to time. It’s bad enough having the notification over the Time Portal and Arena buttons all the time...

5uha79fn64vy.jpeg

Do you mean that I should leave a crew at level 80 rather than move up to 89 in order to maximize likelihood of getting the stuff?
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I honestly have no idea how these work. I do know that I regularly get items that I don't need from Gauntlet and Campaigns. I suspect it rolls for the quality of the item first and then assigns an appropriate item second. The latter step is probably bugged.

I generally leave equipment open. Right now I have 3/4 Kurn at L100 with three equipment slots open for example. I've left 5* Damar's Revolutionary Contacts open for the last 1.5 years. There's 9 total crew I have with open gear.

During the Beta campaign I got 5* Russell's Tricorder for a crew I froze a long time ago. I had at least 5x 5* open items at the time. During the current campaign I got a 5* Diplomatic Protocol which I used for Test Archer.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭

5uha79fn64vy.jpeg

Do you mean that I should leave a crew at level 80 rather than move up to 89 in order to maximize likelihood of getting the stuff?

I think Paladin was trying to say you SHOULD level your crew PAST the level requirement of the equipment you want to drop (but not build it yet), as I also stated in my post. This also works for dabo equipment (though less reliably, dabo works better when you have a pile of crew in varying levels of completion).

Your character must be sufficient level EQUIP the component, in order for the game to recognize there is an option to drop it for you. otherwise it assumes you're out of trainers or were otherwise uninterested in leveling that crew member.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I continue to get equipment for crew I do not have or have frozen. I would prefer not to have to open these boxes. Or I would prefer a replicator that allows me to see single items.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a big negative to have to manage trying to find and dump all these items that I can't use into the replicator. If I don't have an open item that I can use these for, I would really prefer if the loot table is only generic items (Security reports, encoded communiques, Blood wines, etc). This would make these actually usefull other than something I would rather not even open.
    edited May 2019
    V. wrote: »
    I continue to get equipment for crew I do not have or have frozen. I would prefer not to have to open these boxes. Or I would prefer a replicator that allows me to see single items.

Postscript: My other Campaign Box had equipment for 3* Hugh. Frozen....

Why do crew slots exist, again, when the ™️Disruptor Beam engine scans our entire crew roster during beholds?

EDIT: If server calls are the issue, then please explain how DB can make more money & make more players happy.

Show your math.

Thanks! 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • In a general sense the ppl unhappy with the equipment crates are unhappy bcuz they dont need crew specific equip when immortal or dont have that crew. Same problem with dabo wheel. Otherwise ppl are happy and it has been a well received portion of the game.
    Either make the equipment not crew specific, or refer to the lengthly thread about lifting or eliminating the inventory cap. In that case either eliminate the cap or make it easier to find un-needed crew specific items, create a storage bin for unwanted items to easily access for replication.
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭

5uha79fn64vy.jpeg

Had almost exactly the same scenario. Only two 5* items open on one crew and the only 4* item open on my roster was Georgiou's 4* tequila. Ended up with a random 5* item that doesn't fit any crew I own and three 3* items. I suppose it may have chosen the tequilla had I not got unlucky with the rarity, but I'm disappointed the 5* item wasn't either of the two I had open.

This was after a restart and a period of a few hours between setting up the crew and hitting the threshold/opening crate.
  • I’m happy to hear that there are people with positive experiences...I’ve gotten a few general items that are useful for multiple crew but most of it has been unique equipment for crew not owned at all or long-frozen. I cleaned out my inventory just a week or three ago down to 833 items and am already back to 875 between Dabo prizes, gauntlet drops, and Campaign rewards.

This was how my experience was, coming to mind in particular was a 5 star mirror Kirk's uniform...I neither have mirror Kirk now, nor want him, no matter how bad the other choices in a behold may be. This was even when having multiple equipable slots open... Oh well maybe next run will be better for me.
  • Madman1Madman1 ✭✭✭
    I have been leaving some legendary equipment open to try and complete some items but no luck. Just useless legendary items for crew I don't have or are already immortalised like discussed above. Today I decided to level up a few crew to different levels to see if that fared any better. Four usable items, three rare and one super rare (from a premium crate). Might be dumb luck but I'll stick with that strategy for the time being.
    I just pulled this:
    qd8167swlzd6.jpg
    All 4 blue items are crew-specific. 3 are for crew I don't have. 1 is for a frozen crew. All of these are now in my inventory and have to be sorted out when that is excessively difficult. The purple item was useful.
    I have a dozen crew members with multiple open item spots over level 50 that could have used items. It is not like I had only one or two possible crew who need an item.
    @Shan, you said they were trying to make these useful. Something in their algorithm needs a bunch of work.
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    I have come to dread the equipment drops in the campaign for one reason: The 1000 items limit.

My crew is 100% fully-equipped, and has been for a year and a half. The campaign gives out 4 random items roughly once per day, meaning that after 25 days of the campaign, I've added nearly 100 unusable item types and I essentially have to fish them out and shove them in the replicator every couple days, or risk hitting 1000 and having the game eat something valuable.

I understand that these trash items are wonderful for most players. Please just give us a "dismiss now" button, similar to the crew portal, so the rest of us can throw the items away right away instead of having to fish for them.

OR, perhaps add an "equipment I can't use" filter in the replicator.
  • [RotP]Ran Airen[RotP]Ran Airen ✭✭✭✭
    Just to throw some more information into the mix. I got some crew needed (but not crew specific) 4* and 5* items that I was happy with. My only gripe 22 3* Poetry. That almost, but not quite covers every current use of 3* Poetry across all currently released crew. But I will be all set when they release Def Poetry Slam Worf.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer no equipment or faction only equipment like holograms, bloodwine, idics, etc.
    Let’s fly!
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clone wrote: »
    I have come to dread the equipment drops in the campaign for one reason: The 1000 items limit.

My crew is 100% fully-equipped, and has been for a year and a half. The campaign gives out 4 random items roughly once per day, meaning that after 25 days of the campaign, I've added nearly 100 unusable item types and I essentially have to fish them out and shove them in the replicator every couple days, or risk hitting 1000 and having the game eat something valuable.

I understand that these trash items are wonderful for most players. Please just give us a "dismiss now" button, similar to the crew portal, so the rest of us can throw the items away right away instead of having to fish for them.

OR, perhaps add an "equipment I can't use" filter in the replicator.

Er...if your crew is 100 FE, how are you using the replicator? :D
    IN all seriousness though, many of us are in the same sitch.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
    It seems as though the Campaign equipment drops are just as random as from any other in-game mechanic:

k03h8m95iydi.png

Granted, I did thaw & refreeze Dixon recently, but c’mon, that’s just Dabo-level worthless to me.

If my client app is “Hailing Starfleet” before I pull the lever on these things, then why can’t the server exclude what my client shows as Frozen, or Immortal, or Equipped, or whatever? 🖖🏻