Home The Bridge

Has it been long enough that I can beg for a Portal update now?

Please? I'm just WAITING to pull all these 10x packs.

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
  • I’ve stopped pulling premium packs until portal is updated. Getting all FF legendary beholds is not fun.
  • I just said this yesterday to my fleet. We get on average 3-5 new cards a week. The same 1/3 and 1/4 for honor is just old. I only have 2, 4* crew not Ff. So what use is the portal at this point??? Especially when i can save 10pks, punch 10-20 in a row and never get a 5*.
    Its supposed to be 1.27% drop rate. Thats at least one 5* drop per 100 cards/10x10 Pks. Numerous times i have saved then punched 10-20 ten pks at a time with no 5*.
    Can we get updated crew as well as an appropriate drop rate.
    There are so many 5* crew now. They really are not that “golden” worthy of 1.27% droprate. Which doesnt hold true anyways.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only way to force change is vote with your wallet...when ppl stop buying "old" packs, they will update, until then, they have no reason to.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not too soon. I was thinking an update was due weeks ago
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Portal update seems long overdue!

I'm sitting on nearly 70 premium 10x packs, waiting for the next portal update.

As far as I know, there are only 2 SR crew currently in the portal who I have not yet immortalized (Doctor La Forge and Gabriel Bell - both at 2/4). I feel like premium packs are wasted for the time being, unless I get crazy lucky with RNG for 5* crew.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we’re due for one. Not counting that mini-update on January 8th, it’s been nearly five months since the last update on December 12th. The update previous to that was August 14th, so we’re behind if the idea is to stick to a four month update schedule or mere weeks away if we’re slipping back to six months between updates.

I have 80 single and 125 10x packs waiting on the update, so anytime soon would work just fine for me.
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we’re due for one. Not counting that mini-update on January 8th, it’s been nearly five months since the last update on December 12th. The update previous to that was August 14th, so we’re behind if the idea is to stick to a four month update schedule or mere weeks away if we’re slipping back to six months between updates.

I have 80 single and 125 10x packs waiting on the update, so anytime soon would work just fine for me.

I need to start hoarding mine too. It's hard to resist the urge to grip it and rip it whenever I get a pack, and I do still have some SRs that are in the portal that need stars, but it "seems" lately that the SR beholds or drops are cards I already have. I do have a bunch of 3/4s from recent events where I didn't get the final star so an update would be excellent.
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been over 10 months for some crew - that's too long. Telling players to pay up now or wait a year is demoralizing, not incentivizing.

I hope they're using the time to consider an elegant adjustment to a ballooning pool of crew in the general portal. It's only getting more difficult to fuse crew, though the campaign may help out with super rares a bit.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Portal update seems long overdue!

I'm sitting on nearly 70 premium 10x packs, waiting for the next portal update.

As far as I know, there are only 2 SR crew currently in the portal who I have not yet immortalized (Doctor La Forge and Gabriel Bell - both at 2/4). I feel like premium packs are wasted for the time being, unless I get crazy lucky with RNG for 5* crew.

I should start saving mine again too as I only need one star for Gabriel Bell to have all of the portal 4's immortal.

Not that an update will make a huge expansion to to pool for me depending on where they cut it off at. I need Smuggler Kassidy Yates, Irumodic Syndrome Picard, Vice Admiral Dougherty, Zero One, & One Zero (all 0/4) and Tarquin (1/4) so if any of those get added that'd be great, but all of the recent event crew are immortal. Of course it also means to pool will be even more diluted than it is now too, but an update of some sort should have been done already so...
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have way more self control than me. I can't even save the single 3* pulls lol.

^^ this is me

You have way more self control than me. I can't even save the single 3* pulls lol.

It was tough at first, no doubt. It gets easier with time, knowing the enormous load of honor that will be coming in my future. Maybe enough to where I don’t mind dropping a hundo to get Captain Bev.
  • @Shan Got any good news for us regarding a Portal update?
  • Thurthorad wrote: »
    Perhaps 2 or 3 different types of portal pack instead of everything in the same bin??

Breaking up the pool would also be great. Maybe a STT Year 1, Year 2, etc. type division
  • It's been over 10 months for some crew - that's too long. Telling players to pay up now or wait a year is demoralizing, not incentivizing.

I hope they're using the time to consider an elegant adjustment to a ballooning pool of crew in the general portal. It's only getting more difficult to fuse crew, though the campaign may help out with super rares a bit.

I have suggested the idea of season packs in the past. Season 1 would be year one and season 2 would be year 2 and so on. The current season would be a larger pool with it growing till the next game anniversary date. We are in the fourth year so the idea would be any crew added would be included into season 3 till just after the 4th anniversary.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    Can we have something different to a portal update? Premium packs are already crap enough as they are without stuffing more stuff into them. Perhaps 2 or 3 different types of portal pack instead of everything in the same bin??

I've mentioned in our fleet chat several times that I thought it'd be great if, when new crew are added to the portal drops, some ones who have been in there for a while are shuffled out. As has been mentioned, constant influx of additional crew only makes it less likely that you'll get who you want.

This could also increase income for DB — if players see a "last chance to get these 50 crew until they return in 6 months" (or however long), they may spend a bit more on portal pulls than they would have otherwise. Not to mention that players like me would be far more willing to buy packs after a portal update if they know their odds of getting the newer crew aren't so godawful.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    I'd like to see a scheduled calendar of updates at standardized intervals, not just for portals, but various things (ie: collections, honor hall, gauntlet, etc...). The uncertainty, inconsistency and lack of communication drives me crazy.

For instance:
    1) portal updates - 2 x per year (months x and y)
    2) gauntlet update - 1 x per year (month x)
    3) honor hall update - 1 x per every other year (month x)
    4) new collections - 1 x per year (month x)
    5) crew slot sale - 1 2 x per year (months x and y)

I also like the idea of multiple premium packs, instead of having all 3-5* crew lumped into a single pack. The odds of getting useful crew are bad enough, the honor exchange rate is laughably bad, and the pool of crew continues to grow substantially. Anything to improve the ability to target crew we actually want would be a step in the right direction.
    I'd like to see a scheduled calendar of updates at standardized intervals, not just for portals, but various things (ie: collections, honor hall, gauntlet, etc...). The uncertainty, inconsistency and lack of communication drives me crazy.

For instance:

I also like the idea of multiple premium packs, instead of having all 3-5* crew lumped into a single pack. The odds of getting useful crew are bad enough, the honor exchange rate is laughably bad, and the pool of crew continues to grow substantially. Anything to improve the ability to target crew we actually want would be a step in the right direction.

Agreed that standardization would be a big plus. Maybe more frequent collections, though, and having a standard frequency for Elusive Treasures offers (halfway between portal updates?) would be nice as well for planning purchases.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For instance:

I'd be all for scheduling the portal updates and gauntlet updates.
    For instance:

While a sale would be nice every now and then, we don't need any new crew. Two 5* for 100k seems like the right number to balance long term and new players. And given the prices for 1* and 2* crew, adding a 3* or 4* one would likely be at a price we all think is too expensive.
    For instance:

I actually like the surprise of getting a new one a few times a year.
    For instance:

A scheduled sale, isn't a sale any more. As it is, they are usually pretty good about having them 2-3 times a year, just shifted 1-2 months occasionally from when they were the prior year.

For instance:

Agreed that standardization would be a big plus. Maybe more frequent collections, though, and having a standard frequency for Elusive Treasures offers (halfway between portal updates?) would be nice as well for planning purchases.

Good points. I didn't give the details much thought, more just the idea of standardizing a lot of elements.

For all our complaining, DB does a lot of great things to grow the game and keep it fresh. Unfortunately, the lack of transparency and communication often results in so many players being frustrated at what would otherwise be good news announcements. A public schedule for lots of common additions/updates would hopefully prevent a lot of this sort of frustration, while also being a good reminder of all the positives!
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    I have made sure the team is aware of this thread :)

Thank you muchly Shan.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    If not a Portal update, maybe just another "Elusive Treasures" pack? I did very well with the last one, but it has been a few months.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    Kasidy Yates was released on 7/3/2018 and is not in the portal. I think we have waited way too long for her to be added!
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogaDanar wrote: »
    Kasidy Yates was released on 7/3/2018 and is not in the portal. I think we have waited way too long for her to be added!

It's always too long of a wait. I honestly believe that the Devs should set a schedule (every 3 months perhaps) and stick to it throughout the year.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    hd3dh2mt5hbw.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogaDanar wrote: »

I really thought it had been longer than that. :o Feels like her silhouette has taunted me for years!

But yeah, too long.