Home The Bridge

Has it been long enough that I can beg for a Portal update now?

2»

Comments

• RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    Can we have something different to a portal update? Premium packs are already crap enough as they are without stuffing more stuff into them. Perhaps 2 or 3 different types of portal pack instead of everything in the same bin??

I've mentioned in our fleet chat several times that I thought it'd be great if, when new crew are added to the portal drops, some ones who have been in there for a while are shuffled out. As has been mentioned, constant influx of additional crew only makes it less likely that you'll get who you want.

This could also increase income for DB — if players see a "last chance to get these 50 crew until they return in 6 months" (or however long), they may spend a bit more on portal pulls than they would have otherwise. Not to mention that players like me would be far more willing to buy packs after a portal update if they know their odds of getting the newer crew aren't so godawful.

Let me illustrate the dilemma with a personal example:
    1. I have all in-portal 4*s.

2. I have 9 1/4s, all in portal and, naturally, all waiting for *s ...
    - 4 of those have been in game since the very start of the game;
    - 1 was introduced during the Borg mega-event, a time when I was still building up my crew and had constant space issues;
    - 4 over the past 2 years from events where I've not been able to compete in and get a 3/4 or 4/4.

3. I have 18 2/4s that are in a similar situation as my 1/4s, all are in-portal ... almost all of which fall in the first category of 1/4s above (except Fierce Guinan).

4. My 3/4s (31) are where 50% are currently not in-portal. The other 50% all come from older events.

So, by removing old crew I've basically got around 20-25 slots used up by 1/4 or 2/4 crew that will take even longer to FF and will not have a chance for additional stars for an extended period. For players who don't put money into the game, this is disastrous with regards to crew management.

By not removing anything, the pool gets diluted so the chance I get those 1/4s or 2/4s decreases a lot ... but I still have a chance ... and the thing is, most my additional stars come in through Voyages anyway because I'm not a spender so have very limited opportunities to do 10x premium pulls (the weekly event really the only regular option).

--> My solution would be ...
    1. Update the portal;
    2. Keep ALL crew available for Voyage drops;
    3. Do your removal suggestion for the Premium pulls.

This is kinda like how they have the ship schematics ... you can only get a couple of ships from Dabo or Voyages, but a lot more options from portal pulls.
    Spenders will get benefits and us freeloaders :) also don't get screwed.

ps - Captain Janeway is one of the crew that would "disappear" from the pool ... just some food for thought. (I have a 1/5 Evolved Janeway, but would sure like to add stars).
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would like to see a re-roll option. Maybe the first one free, and future ones for Dil.

Jim
    DB: Do Better