Home Make It So!

Solution for time-consumming Events

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s also possible I have super fast fingers. I do play 12 different musical instruments
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    It’s also possible I have super fast fingers. I do play 12 different musical instruments

Brass, woodwind, stringed, or some combination of the three?

Signed,
    A former yet eternal band nerd.
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »

Signed,

My phone won't allow me to play faster than I do and it's just 1 year old, it belongs to the middle top range of phones.
    There is cheating, no doubt about it, as only four or five of you are answering the rest is really and suspiciously quiet about it...
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Signed,

My phone won't allow me to play faster than I do and it's just 1 year old, it belongs to the middle top range of phones.
    There is cheating, no doubt about it, as only four or five of you are answering the rest is really and suspiciously quiet about it...

Some players just don't get on the forum. That's actually not suspicious. There are ways to chart event progress to tell if someone is using a macro or other method of cheating. And players do police each other. I find it highly unlikely that cheating is commonplace.

I can't tell if you're trolling, trying to get players to divulge methods, or just being meanspirited about this. Either way, it's quite off-putting.
    Farewell 🖖
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figure it is all about the stockpiles and more important, the event crew. With a good set of immortalized event crew you will get the super rare almost every time. That equals a bunch of points. With usually having the 5* at 1/5 and the 4* crew fully equipped and often immortalized, I generally earn about 400K VP and then turn in about 250K VP from super rares. This usually puts me top 1000. And that is without a stockpile. Generally, I spend about 7 or 8 thousand chronitons on the event and on leveling the new crew. I have never had the desire to go for top scores, but I figure most of the top players are not cheating and I could do it if I wanted.

Signed,

When you get into a rhythm and it’s all repetitive you can fly through it

Signed,

You may make me a liar cuz I never actually counted so here goes. Piano, guitar, bass, drums, mandolin, sing (hey it counts), bouzouki, flute, Banjo (of course), ocarina, kalimba. Damn, that’s only 11. I gotta pick up one more. I just hung the stringed ones on my music room wall

rxog6w1aubew.jpeg
    mme8qqxex2zp.jpeg
    Here I am in 1990 something when we played with Disturbed at a dive bar in Lansing IL. Also opened for Green Day and Fuel opened for us. That’s a 1976 Les Paul. We went through alot together including trying out to be Limp Bizkit’s guitar player

crndz0oq5zl8.jpeg
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    So refreshing to see a picture of somebody from the 90s playing a guitar that ISN'T a Fender with the back panel removed!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Signed,

There absolutely have been cheaters. When you see the VP increase by an identical amount every hour with no breaks for sleep, trips to the bathroom, or to answer a phone call, that’s a macro. We’ve seen it. Simply handing the device off to someone else is harder to track (unless they are dumb enough to share accounts from different IP addresses), I suppose, and certainly harder to prove. But if you really think that everyone who places in the top ten does that, what’s your solution? Accusing everyone you encounter of being a dastardly cheater certainly isn’t going to help anything.

For myself, I’ve never gone higher than about 1000 in any Galaxy or Skirmish event. I could be wrong (maybe top 500-750 once) because I didn’t look at all of my results. I do recall reaching 150ish once in a Faction when I unloaded all of my time boosts. Point being: there are so many people playing, and so many legitimate players who gun for the top 25 or better, that I don’t concern myself with trying to do the same. Can I get top 1500 in virtually any weekend of my choosing? Yes, and for events that is enough for me.
    Here I am in 1990 something when we played with Disturbed at a dive bar in Lansing IL. Also opened for Green Day and Fuel opened for us. That’s a 1976 Les Paul. We went through alot together including trying out to be Limp Bizkit’s guitar player

crndz0oq5zl8.jpeg

I cannot overstate how cool all that is. My hat is off to you!

Signed,

There absolutely have been cheaters. When you see the VP increase by an identical amount every hour with no breaks for sleep, trips to the bathroom, or to answer a phone call, that’s a macro. We’ve seen it. Simply handing the device off to someone else is harder to track (unless they are dumb enough to share accounts from different IP addresses), I suppose, and certainly harder to prove. But if you really think that everyone who places in the top ten does that, what’s your solution? Accusing everyone you encounter of being a dastardly cheater certainly isn’t going to help anything.

For myself, I’ve never gone higher than about 1000 in any Galaxy or Skirmish event. I could be wrong (maybe top 500-750 once) because I didn’t look at all of my results. I do recall reaching 150ish once in a Faction when I unloaded all of my time boosts. Point being: there are so many people playing, and so many legitimate players who gun for the top 25 or better, that I don’t concern myself with trying to do the same. Can I get top 1500 in virtually any weekend of my choosing? Yes, and for events that is enough for me.

crndz0oq5zl8.jpeg

Thanks Dirk! I was doing that and umpiring baseball for a living. Loads of fun and no regrets about dropping out of college to do it

• MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt that cheating is a concern of many players, that is why this suspicion train goes without passengers.

I hardly ever pay attention to the VPs or names involved in the top ranks so I really have no opinion on it.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    If someone were to be proven to have cheated I would be quite upset such as the person who came on the forum and announced he had a mouse recorder. I don’t know what that is but people in the know busted him out. Otherwise I simply tip my hat to the winners
  • I figure it is all about the stockpiles and more important, the event crew. With a good set of immortalized event crew you will get the super rare almost every time. That equals a bunch of points. With usually having the 5* at 1/5 and the 4* crew fully equipped and often immortalized, I generally earn about 400K VP and then turn in about 250K VP from super rares. This usually puts me top 1000. And that is without a stockpile. Generally, I spend about 7 or 8 thousand chronitons on the event and on leveling the new crew. I have never had the desire to go for top scores, but I figure most of the top players are not cheating and I could do it if I wanted.

I have most SR crewmen, I only lack less than 20 of them and most of them are immortalized or 100% 3/4, I always get to 350k points threshold reward, I have a really good stockpile of items, I rarely spend more than 12k of chronitons on an event, and if I do, I do not get to use all of them, finally I and many in our clan can level the new event Super Rare crewman on the same starting day of the event, without using chronitons, we are able of that also, and I generaly end top 1k most events, what I am mentioning is 1st and 2nd places, and not on this particular eventm but on galaxy and Skirmish events.
  • edited July 2019
    </quote>

Above mentioning that there are ways of cheating what I am proposing is replacing the 13 clicks needed to build 3 items with just 1 click button "construct all", when you have all the items or with a button construct using all your stock (risky one because it would be an iteration of constructions and would waste all your resources), or a button: Build 10 items, in that way, it would not use most of your weekend time it would be a smart game for smart people and would make cheating unnecesary.
    </quote>

Above mentioning that there are ways of cheating what I am proposing is replacing the 13 clicks needed to build 3 items with just 1 click button "construct all", when you have all the items or with a button construct using all your stock (risky one because it would be an iteration of constructions and would waste all your resources), or a button: Build 10 items, in that way, it would not use most of your weekend time it would be a smart game for smart people and would make cheating unnecesary.

For me, cheating IS unnecessary. Are we done with this yet? You’re really starting to get under my skin with your assumptions when all I put into it is hard work.
    If you would like I can have my wife jump on here and tell you how many times on a galaxy run weekend she tells me to stop playing my stupid game. If that’s not proof of hard work and determination then you will never be convinced
    For me, cheating IS unnecessary. Are we done with this yet? You’re really starting to get under my skin with your assumptions when all I put into it is hard work.
    At this point this conversation is starting to become strange. He did not mention any kind of cheating in the quote but only suggests - like it was done before - to quick-build galaxyitems (again, I am no fan of the idea but whatever).

Why do you take this topic so personal? You are not the only one top ranking in Galaxies.

Just to make clear: I do believe you.
    But your wife's comment was no proof for anything, first of all not for a) really being your wife and b) being honest. My husband would lie the hell out of it for me on any forum that does not mean anything to him if I asked him to. ;)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    At this point this conversation is starting to become strange. He did not mention any kind of cheating in the quote but only suggests - like it was done before - to quick-build galaxyitems (again, I am no fan of the idea but whatever).

Why do you take this topic so personal? You are not the only one top ranking in Galaxies.

But your wife's comment was no proof for anything, first of all not for a) really being your wife and b) being honest. My husband would lie the hell out of it for me on any forum that does not mean anything to him if I asked him to. ;)

He does not “suggest” he INSISTS there is cheating to obtain high scores.
    I take it personal because anyone with integrity would.
    I am certainly not the only one who ranks high but what does that matter? I felt the need to answer because I am in the accused category.
    And as for the wife thing, that was sarcasm.

He does not “suggest” he INSISTS there is cheating to obtain high scores.
    In this specific posting you quoted he wrote that there are ways to cheat, which is without a doubt true (mouse recorder, Iampicard still out there in unknown number). That was his first line. Other than that he suggested once again the one-click-building to make cheating worthless.
    I take it personal because anyone with integrity would.
    And still you are the only one around upset. You might want to re-consider what this suggests about the integrity of other high-rankers here on the forum which I am sure you did not mean to insult. But probably they just do not care about a single opinion, and you should neither.
    And as for the wife thing, that was sarcasm.
    It was not; sarcasm consists of mockery about someone else and not yourself. And even if so sarcasm is never worth a dedicated posting, in opposite to irony. Irony always is worth a posting as it is funny. ;)

Conclusion: Just let it be. You might not convince him and you do not need to convince anyone else. So you really should not bother.
    edited July 2019
    In two places in this thread he does insist there is cheating. I can’t speak for the others, only myself. If they don’t want to, they don’t want to but if I do want to speak on it and I can if I so desire. As for sarcasm, excuse me grammar police, but you surely know what I meant.
    In two places in this thread he does insist there is cheating. I can’t speak for the others, only myself. If they don’t want to, they don’t want to but if I do want to speak on it and I can if I so desire. As for sarcasm, excuse me grammar police, but you surely know what I meant.

Thanks for posting, @Banjo1012 . I wanted to, but I was busy. A dude in my fleet decided to get #1 this past event, so I was doing shuttles so we could also have a fleet #1. Guess what.... We didn't cheat! And homeboy who got #1... He's regularly in the top 25 for faction events. He likes them. And he's a genuinely nice guy who doesn't cheat. So... Get out of here with that.

I've already said it, but I'll say it again... If you take the time factor out, you end up with a resource war. Is that what we want? Why stop at an "auto build" button? We could just use some slider bar to say how many chronitons we use, then whoever puts in the most chronitons wins? That would be easier.
    Farewell 🖖

Thanks for posting, @Banjo1012 . I wanted to, but I was busy. A dude in my fleet decided to get #1 this past event, so I was doing shuttles so we could also have a fleet #1. Guess what.... We didn't cheat! And homeboy who got #1... He's regularly in the top 25 for faction events. He likes them. And he's a genuinely nice guy who doesn't cheat. So... Get out of here with that.

I've already said it, but I'll say it again... If you take the time factor out, you end up with a resource war. Is that what we want? Why stop at an "auto build" button? We could just use some slider bar to say how many chronitons we use, then whoever puts in the most chronitons wins? That would be easier.

Absolutely! The time put into it factor is part of the event. There are ways to speed up the process of building but mostly it’s sating to yourself “I’m going for it” and working those taps as fast as you can

And congrats on your fleet mates victory as well as your collective victory. Factions are tough. I finished second in the Neelix one during month of hell. On top of tons of saved time boosts and about 35,000 dilithium, I spent somewhere between $350 and $500 on more dilithium. Someone obviously spent more than me. Or saved resources WAY longer than I did

Signed,

crndz0oq5zl8.jpeg

Thanks Dirk! I was doing that and umpiring baseball for a living. Loads of fun and no regrets about dropping out of college to do it

Signed,

crndz0oq5zl8.jpeg

Thanks! Somebody who understands me! It's just about making the game a little faster to play, and also, make cheating less userful! And also, as I mentioned before, just the same players ansering/defending themselves.
    v0gzetnsi5sz.png
    </quote>

I have never mentioned that you speciffically were a cheater pal, but after seeing you taking it so personally, makes me think of it a little differently....

I never mentioned Faction events, they are won with money or booster accumulations, there would be no place on this kind of events for the macros, particularly because you never know how many crew a faction mission will have and secondly, depending on the shuttle's success percentage rate you might decide to use a skill booster instead of a time booster.

This is true, in two places I mentioned that, but as @[Mirror]Sanoa mentions, it would be a time solution for all of us to live our lives a little more, and apart it would make cheating unnecessary, I repeat, you can win 1 Galaxy event per month, there is not much more than that, but how can the same people win over and over once again? This is the key to it and to make the game, a game for your brain, not for your fingers and eyes.

This is the key to it and to make the game, a game for your brain, not for your fingers and eyes.

What if it were both? The brains to stockpile resources and time to do all the taps to use said resources.
    Farewell 🖖
    </quote>

I have never mentioned that you speciffically were a cheater pal, but after seeing you taking it so personally, makes me think of it a little differently....

Because I come to my own defense should not slap a guilty sign on my forehead. It’s the offense I take. No, you did not mention me by name but you spoke on people who score alot of points regularly as a whole. You also mention that it makes you suspicious that no one else is here defending against your accusations. So which is it? Do you find silence to be an admission of guilt or defense? Oh yeah. Your mind is made up so it’s both
This discussion has been closed.