Home Make It So!
Options

Solution for time-consumming Events

13»

Comments

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! Somebody who understands me! It's just about making the game a little faster to play, and also, make cheating less userful!
    Still I am against the idea itself. I understand the desire but I do not support the proposed solution which would lead to cash wars worse than they are already.

Btw I would not use such an auto-build-button anyway as AI sometimes favors suboptimal crew (AND anyone?).
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! Somebody who understands me! It's just about making the game a little faster to play, and also, make cheating less userful!
    Still I am against the idea itself. I understand the desire but I do not support the proposed solution which would lead to cash wars worse than they are already.

Btw I would not use such an auto-build-button anyway as AI sometimes favors suboptimal crew (AND anyone?).

What if there was an auto-build button, but... you only got three-fourths the VP and no SR's? Basically, you could potentially race to threshold at double the cost in chronitons, but you would have to build one hell of a stash to even think about beating someone who is doing the builds manually.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if there was an auto-build button, but... you only got three-fourths the VP and no SR's? Basically, you could potentially race to threshold at double the cost in chronitons, but you would have to build one hell of a stash to even think about beating someone who is doing the builds manually.
    It would be p2w as well, just more expensive. But well... whatever keeps DB alive. :D I could live with that and doubt that many people would use it. Do you think they would?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options

I can live with it, it's one of the things I explain in the first message, I would gladly lose points than living time.
  • Options
    It would be p2w as well, just more expensive. But well... whatever keeps DB alive. :D I could live with that and doubt that many people would use it. Do you think they would?

Compromise for the win! :)

I think some might use it for threshold and out. One other use is at the last minute when you need to build quickly to stay in top rank tiers. Other than that, it's sacrificing game resources for RL time.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    For those of you saying that there is no cheating, top player is right now 3 days, 1 hour and a half after the event kickoff, 9051900 points, having an average of 6200 points per Skirmish, and 3 minutes only each full Skirmish, I play 3 minute skirmishes, it's no big deal, my calculations give me a total playing time of almost 4380 minutes, translated into hours, almos3 73 hours, that means 3 days and an hour playing, there is a cheater on this event.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Paladin 27 has never shied away from explaining how he does what he does. Perhaps when he’s done tapping he will come and share his exhausting weekend with us. If I’m not mistaken he’s scored higher than this on a skirmish before. And not even to mention his 13 million galaxy points in three days
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you saying that there is no cheating, top player is right now 3 days, 1 hour and a half after the event kickoff, 9051900 points, having an average of 6200 points per Skirmish, and 3 minutes only each full Skirmish, I play 3 minute skirmishes, it's no big deal, my calculations give me a total playing time of almost 4380 minutes, translated into hours, almos3 73 hours, that means 3 days and an hour playing, there is a cheater on this event.

With the right crew & ship, Skirmishes (from pressing/tapping the first button to collecting the final VP reward) can take as little as 2 minutes. A good number of mine clock in at about 2:05-2:10 (yes, I had a timer going this weekend for a bit, since we actually had a discussion in our fleet comparing crew and Skirmish times). Add to that the fact that you can spend Dilithium for extra bonus rewards — which, if you do two extra purchases each battle, can amount to a decent amount of additional VP each round — and you can get a lot more VP with a lot less time invested than your calculations. Perhaps even as little as 48 hours to get that amount of VP, depending. I don't know if that's what the top players are doing, but it's certainly possible to get to that point without cheating.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can do an optimal skirmish in 1:58-2:00 (My fastest I've timed have been 2 in 3:58). You're max skirmish speed is also influenced by how good your internet connection is and how good of a phone/tablet you are using.

Now that speed (over 180k an hour with the extra loot boxes) requires a lot of attention and isn't maintainable for more than 1-2 hours at once. But 160-170k an hour is quite sustainable for someone who can get a 2:00 fastest skirmish. My last 10 hours have been an average of 165k an hour ranging from (ranging from 153k-173k per hour).

As far as the boredom, the time goes pretty quickly if you find a TV series to binge watch on netflix (or play poker the whole time, but that gets expensive)
  • Options
    WhatMeWorryWhatMeWorry ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

You can do an optimal skirmish in 1:58-2:00 (My fastest I've timed have been 2 in 3:58). You're max skirmish speed is also influenced by how good your internet connection is and how good of a phone/tablet you are using.

Now that speed (over 180k an hour with the extra loot boxes) requires a lot of attention and isn't maintainable for more than 1-2 hours at once. But 160-170k an hour is quite sustainable for someone who can get a 2:00 fastest skirmish. My last 10 hours have been an average of 165k an hour ranging from (ranging from 153k-173k per hour).

As far as the boredom, the time goes pretty quickly if you find a TV series to binge watch on netflix (or play poker the whole time, but that gets expensive)

Id say that you certainly found the solution for this event.
    You must have binge-watched every episode of The Office
  • Options

My crew is excelent at dealing damage, still, my video time, not for the Internet, but for the video intro and closing time itself, is almost a half of the 3 minute time, I do get to do the Skirmish in 2 minutes 30 seconds, it's not far enough from my calculations, it's hard to believe...
  • Options
    [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Someone once estimated the amount of average VP earned per reward. I hit the 10 dil button a lot during phase 1 and gained at least 5000 extra VP over about 50-60 clicks. If someone wanted to spend the dil, a 6000VP round could easily turn into a 7-8000 VP round. I'll let one of the mathmeticians here post the actual average VP if you clicked every available Dil button every time.

I have no doubt that @Paladin 27 and all of the other top players on this forum earn their VP through a combination of finger-numbing clicks, strategy, and, in some cases, money/Dil. I've been around long enough to even see some FTP event wins.

In addition, many of those top players are more than willing to offer advice on how you can improve your own event performance, event if they won't give away their trade secrets. (Hey if Grandpa Sisko can take his Gumbo Recipe to his grave, so can they.) Of course, if @Banjo1012 wanted to PM me one of his favorite secrets, I wouldn't turn him down. 😁

Unless you have specific, solid evidence of cheating, keep your vague, slanderous, trolling comments to yourself.
  • Options

My crew is excelent at dealing damage, still, my video time, not for the Internet, but for the video intro and closing time itself, is almost a half of the 3 minute time, I do get to do the Skirmish in 2 minutes 30 seconds, it's not far enough from my calculations, it's hard to believe...

Your crew is not excellent. Paladin's crew is excellent. I can get 2:08 per round when I focus, so either my internet is not as good or my crew is not excellent. If you do not have two Killy's or some combination of Killy, Fury Kes, and RPC, then your crew is not excellent. Normally, I would try to recruit you with the incentive of teaching you better ways to skirmish, but we don't like it when players accuse others of cheating as you have done. My fleet has finished first in every event that has a skirmish phase for like the last four months or so. And none of us think Paladin is cheating. And we could teach you what crew to use. But your attitude would need to change. Instead of immediately accusing of cheating, you would need to seek to understand.

I doubt anyone will push us from our first place perch this week. For those who would like to learn to skirmish better (though maybe not quite to Paladin's level ;) ) we have openings in our training fleet [STA] and our intermediate +FH+. Our main fleet promotes from those two fleets. We currently have 6 squadrons in the top 100 (including my squadron) and a few of them are in the top 25. No small feat, I'll tell you. So yes... We do know a thing or two about skirmishing. And that Paladin is not cheating is one of those things.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Your crew is not excellent. Paladin's crew is excellent. I can get 2:08 per round when I focus, so either my internet is not as good or my crew is not excellent. If you do not have two Killy's or some combination of Killy, Fury Kes, and RPC, then your crew is not excellent. Normally, I would try to recruit you with the incentive of teaching you better ways to skirmish, but we don't like it when players accuse others of cheating as you have done. My fleet has finished first in every event that has a skirmish phase for like the last four months or so. And none of us think Paladin is cheating. And we could teach you what crew to use. But your attitude would need to change. Instead of immediately accusing of cheating, you would need to seek to understand.

I doubt anyone will push us from our first place perch this week. For those who would like to learn to skirmish better (though maybe not quite to Paladin's level ;) ) we have openings in our training fleet [STA] and our intermediate +FH+. Our main fleet promotes from those two fleets. We currently have 6 squadrons in the top 100 (including my squadron) and a few of them are in the top 25. No small feat, I'll tell you. So yes... We do know a thing or two about skirmishing. And that Paladin is not cheating is one of those things.

This, very much. I have what I consider a pretty good crew: immortal Data Q, 2/5* Killy, 2/5* RPC, and 2/5* Saboteur Garak. I timed two Skirmishes just now and got 2:18 (one battle had multiple misses from insta-damage abilities) and 2:05...you don’t need to cheat or even just spend yourself into the poorhouse chasing immortal copies of special crew - you need something that Paladin 27 has that apparently most do not: iron thumbs and dedication.

And plenty of chrons, of course, if you were thinking of trying to take first place from Paladin. For getting high enough to make the top 1500, maybe 8,000-10,000 chrons is all that is required, even in a highly competitive event like this one - I dropped 15,000 on Thursday, shopping for 3* and 4* components, and still have 78,000 unspent intel. I also have made back 10,000 chrons from the event and other sources since that spending splurge, so the net chron cost is probably only really half of that 8,000-10,000 number.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has unfortunately derailed so I am closing it.

This discussion has been closed.