Home The Bridge

Would you pay dilithium for alternate card art?

2»

Comments

• I see where you're coming from, but I have to reiterate that the only true reason to ever change the art would be to correct absolute travesties like Mirror Data and Blood Oath Jadzia Dax. And to that I would add, if they replaced the art, they'd have to replace ALL copies at once and announce it, to avoid confusion.

I mean yeah, that's the ideal scenario. My "yes" above had nothing to do with wanting variations. I'm just really tired of looking at Blood Oath Jadzia, CMO Bashir, Duelist Torres, et al.
    Can we just get more sound quotes in game? So few crew have them.

And some that used to have quotes lost them...
  • MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I would not pay for new art on an existing card. alot of ppl have pointed out card art that is weird, wrong, or has some other situation or visual problem for a long tome on many cards. I believe it is the artist creating the card. And not be be too rude to the artist interpretive artistic works, but in general players pick it apart. The first one i notice a long time ago is amb spock left hand (seems to be missing). Nothing has ever been said about player complaints on artwork except to be scolded or have your comment moderated for being too truthful in a rude manner. Why pay for something that has been ignored???
    They should just revamp the artwork for all that have a consensus complaint, the newest being “shrunk kira” why? There are several dis-proportionate cards. And flyer torres left hand issue.
    Then reinstate the quotes that have been removed, and get more. I would like to see that too as others suggested. I believe the problem is $$$ though. If im not mistaken they must pay royalties to the actors for using there voice quote in the game. More quotes, more $$$.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me double down on my NO by saying this:

The whole point of this game is that it pulls multiple versions of our characters from a "SNAPSHOT" in their timeline. That's the way they end up with multiple different versions of the characters with different stats. The fact that a character is in a certain outfit or pose is literally because it represents the scene or moment from which they were pulled. To that end, DB is free to produce as many "VERSIONS" of the character as they want, not as many outfits as they want.

Swapping the character's art basically takes away what DB has marketed as their unique twist. Now I'm not sure whether the OP simply wants to replace bad art with better art, but I feel like if DB ever wanted to do this, they'd probably have to simply replace every copy at once, to avoid confusion.

OK, I'll play Lucien's Advocate (I want it known at the start though that this does not necessarily reflect my own opinion, I'm just trying to build strong counter-argument to see where the discussion goes).

I will accept as law your "snapshot" argument, and not challenge it because I believe on a basic level that it is true. That being said, while it seems to lock in the artwork for specific "snapshot" characters like Prisoner O'brien, Marshal of France Q, or Assimilated Porthos, your argument loses cohesion with more generic crew like Captain Sisko, Porthos, or even Etana Jol...
    2wnucw721jua.jpg
    ...who could look entirely different aesthetically while remaining recognizable as an authentic representation of the character.

In closing...
    aap2f729xr0s.jpg
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe DB could do other art for crew that are not likely to have multiple variations. Crew like Etana, Sphere-Builder Presage, Layna, etc. These sort of crew are not likely to have multiple versions or be event crew in future events. As such they are less attractive to spend dilithium on. But if these cards came with double artwork they would be much more appealing and fun.
    Let’s fly!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe DB could do other art for crew that are not likely to have multiple variations. Crew like Etana, Sphere-Builder Presage, Layna, etc. These sort of crew are not likely to have multiple versions or be event crew in future events. As such they are less attractive to spend dilithium on. But if these cards came with double artwork they would be much more appealing and fun.

Some cards could definitely use an art upgrade. There were a few I would have wanted but passed solely because of the art.

• I have much better uses for dil than alternate card art. Not happening.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have much better uses for dil than alternate card art. Not happening.
    Rumor has it a good chunk of your dilithium goes toward supply kits :)
  • But that is only 70 per day. More goes to special packs.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    So then why not a choice to mirror the avatar?
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    So then why not a choice to mirror the avatar?

That would be awesome. There are so many avatars I'd like to use if only they were facing the other direction.
  • Since the only defining factors for crew in this game:

-the art
    -the stats
    -traits
    -abilities

And the only unique factor is the art (stats and abilities are starting to overlap) I would much rather just get a different crew than get an alternative character art.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the only defining factors for crew in this game:

-the art
    -the stats
    -traits
    -abilities

And the only unique factor is the art (stats and abilities are starting to overlap) I would much rather just get a different crew than get an alternative character art.

Here, have a Vargas. 8-)
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust