Home The Bridge

Grathon Tolar - Holodeck Enthusiasts

If anyone belongs in the Holodeck Enthusiasts collection, its Grathon Tolar.
uw64h777ojfx.jpg

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB is not going to give you a free 5* by immortalizing only 4* crew.
  • "I want this for free."
    "That clearly makes no business sense. Here's why."
    \Thread
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    You need 8 crew for the Holodeck Enthusiasts collection to get a 1/5 Lucille Davenport. With Grathon Tolar in the collection that would only make 7 super rares not 8. One of the legendaries in the collection would still have to be immortalized to get a 1/5 Lucille Davenport even if Grathon Tolar was added to the collection. Nothing would be given away. Further, many people obtain a 1/5 legendary from an event using just super rares so it is silly to say that DB should not or would not allow people to obtain a 1/5 legendary with just super rares if two more super rares were added to this collection.
    Let’s fly!
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holo-enthusiasts is intended to be a very specific collection giving a very specific reward.

Or at least is was until they add Chef Riker. The collection should've stayed where it was. You want the cookie, jump through these hoops.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Holo-enthusiasts is intended to be a very specific collection giving a very specific reward.

Or at least is was until they add Chef Riker. The collection should've stayed where it was. You want the cookie, jump through these hoops.

Adding legendary variants does not affect how difficult it is to acquire the top reward (Lucille) and Will Riker absolutely should be in that collection.
    Lucille Davenport is a very average card in stats. Maybe an argument could be made about not diluting the difficulty of the collection if she was one of the best crew in the game but she is not. Those that are holodeck lovers should be added to the collection. I could see a debate on who is and who is not a "Holodeck Enthusiast" but not about whether to add more crew to the collection or not.
    Let’s fly!
    I dunno. I feel like the spirit of Holodeck Enthusiasts is crew who like to dress up and play holo-stuff. Tolar was skilled at writing holoprograms, yes, but only because he was a Criminal Activities Enthusiast.

That said, it's absurd for that Collection to be forever closed off to new 4* members just because Lucille Davenport is in the rewards table. There are still far too many potential future crew to be added, and either making them all 5*'s or just not adding them to that Collection solely to keep Lucille hard to reach is silly.

There are 6 versions of Data that are just him on the Holodeck. If we added everything together for all the potential crew the collection would be pretty big.

I'm honestly fine with a narrowly defined collection. I'm not really focused on the name or who should be on it but rather the objective. The only cavaet is that Beowulf Kim is a little unfair. He's technically an event crew but he was pack only and its pretty unlikely they'll re-run Merry Men.

Its still easier to get then the Jury Rigger's collection which is somewhat more essential.
  • SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    It would seem that the Age of Sail characters should qualify for this collection. The holodeck is the only reason for this existence after all. And where is Age of Sail Worf and Age of Sail Picard?
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucille Davenport is a very average card in stats. Maybe an argument could be made about not diluting the difficulty of the collection if she was one of the best crew in the game but she is not. Those that are holodeck lovers should be added to the collection. I could see a debate on who is and who is not a "Holodeck Enthusiast" but not about whether to add more crew to the collection or not.

Depends on the point of view, i guess. Skill 1 scratching at 1200 mark, skill 2 at 1k, as a Janeway variant she has still decent status, plus event bonus re run value.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uebermind wrote: »
    Any man who offers to make a holoprogram with five or six Orion slave girls is certainly a holo-enthusiast himself.
    Ha!

I think it's reasonable to leave him out, since this depiction is Tolar making programs, not enjoying them.

I wouldn't mind a super rare Tiron added to that collection. He doesn't seem worth legendary status.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    The holodeck collection doesn't feature many cards which it should. Detective Data would be a good one, the reason why he isn't in the collection and Data V was chosen is that the collection are mostly all newer cards, and DB are in the market of extracting profit. Hard facts really
    DB: Do Better
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    The holodeck collection doesn't feature many cards which it should. Detective Data would be a good one, the reason why he isn't in the collection and Data V was chosen is that the collection are mostly all newer cards, and DB are in the market of extracting profit. Hard facts really

I just assumed that it was because they're planning an eventual Sherlock Holmes collection. We still don't have:

Top Hat Picard
    Posh Word
    Victorian Westphalen (maybe a likeness issue?)
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭

I just assumed that it was because they're planning an eventual Sherlock Holmes collection. We still don't have:

Top Hat Picard
    Posh Word

And don’t forget the Countess Bartholomew!
    RennJaxo wrote: »

Top Hat Picard
    Posh Word

And don’t forget the Countess Bartholomew!

*sigh* @Kaitee would have gotten it.
    I mean, if we're debating canon-friendly additions? Vic Fontaine is the biggest holo-enthusiast of all. The guy basically never leaves.
    Hehe, good one. Would be a fun event we could have where the DS9 crew are on a quest to steal the Voyager Doc's mobile emitter for Vic.
    Let’s fly!
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭

High five!

On topic (for once) yeah the holodeck was just a bad choice for one of the 'limited' collections - never mind how many more possible crew there are in Trek, there were a bunch in the game already who deserve to be counted, and it would've been a perfect big-group collection.

If they'd had to have a small group collection with Davenport as the reward to chase, maybe call it Captain's Holiday or something, and it's just captains on R&R? So you've got the two Dixon Hills, High Roller, Niners, and Solar Sails Sisko, Arachnia, maybe toss in Galen since Picard was technically on leave, Mambo Picard - it'd need a few more in there (Row Your Boat Kirk, Risa Picard, and so on) to make twelve but it's got the makings of a decent set, and it's not so common like 'anyone on the holodeck' that we'd keep having new crew who should be in it but aren't. I doubt DB wants the hassle of going back and reworking the whole thing now though, so I guess we're stuck with this.
    Kaitee wrote: »

On topic (for once) yeah the holodeck was just a bad choice for one of the 'limited' collections - never mind how many more possible crew there are in Trek, there were a bunch in the game already who deserve to be counted, and it would've been a perfect big-group collection.

If one were to take the broad view of it, the Holo-enthusiasts collection would be really big. And what would we do with this "big" collection?

I mentioned this in another thread but just make a selection of narrow collections. Friar Data should be in the Holo collection but he's also in the Sherwood collection which is another small collection. Holo-enthusiasts at least uses a bunch of different characters and most of them don't work well in other potential collections.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    If one were to take the broad view of it, the Holo-enthusiasts collection would be really big. And what would we do with this "big" collection?

I mean, collect it, I guess? We've got big collections already, Boldly Go, Do No Harm, New Life - for all of TNG/DS9/VOY mucking around in the holodeck was a pretty constant part of Trek, it feels kind of like it merits being a major collection rather than just a niche like 'they're dressed like cowboys' or 'idiot aliens from that time we tried to be 24'. Players get a few more rewards of chrons and whatever along the way, a couple percent more on their stats, I don't think it'd unbalance the game.
    Kaitee wrote: »

I mean, collect it, I guess? We've got big collections already, Boldly Go, Do No Harm, New Life - for all of TNG/DS9/VOY mucking around in the holodeck was a pretty constant part of Trek, it feels kind of like it merits being a major collection rather than just a niche like 'they're dressed like cowboys' or 'idiot aliens from that time we tried to be 24'. Players get a few more rewards of chrons and whatever along the way, a couple percent more on their stats, I don't think it'd unbalance the game.

I'd work hard on a Collection if it offered Voyage revival tokens and/or Citations as milestone rewards. A big one would make sense for something like that.