Home The Bridge

New $9.99 offer, Seven of Nine

Comments

• PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    It's not worth it if you have Armus/Caretaker. Possibly good value for new players. Skip from me.
  • Also not worth adding a star to, IMO. Her bases are among the poorest for legendaries in the game.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering it, but possibly moreso because I used up my chrons over the last event than because it's Seven. She might make the occasional Gauntlet, but that's about it.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not worth it if you have Armus/Caretaker. Possibly good value for new players. Skip from me.

Has different traits than either so will be useful in different gauntlets.
    Has different skills so will be useful in different gauntlet matches.
    Different skills make her somewhat useful in Voyages.
    Has pretty strong ship stats.
    Main cast crew so will have much greater event utility.
    Part of the Borg Collection.
    Total hotty.

Yep, not worth it.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good in gauntlet but her stats are too low to help in this upcoming event at 1/5.
    Let’s fly!
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    I have her at 2/5 but there's no temptation to buy a star for her. Her stats are pretty bad. I'll let her grow organically, but even at 5/5 I doubt I'd use her much.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have her at 4*s, I might pick up the 5th, just to complete the card. She was my first Legendary Card, and the last time she fell out of the portal for me was many months ago.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • BakerbeanzBakerbeanz ✭✭✭
    NO thanks, holding out for a dilitium deal or maybe a 10 pull pack.
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a pretty new player, so she could help me IF i prioritize building her up. Issue is that I have other 5*s I should concentrate on first (Survivor Kirk, a couple LaForges, Queen, Glad Spock, others...) so buying this will be only for adding her to my queue, getting the crons and bumping me up a vip level (useless bump).

I will have to decide when I get home from work this evening...
  • This is a poor choice of crew, most long term players have her. EV Seven would have sold like hotcakes, though
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    FE/FF so I'm out
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    She is really not much better fully fused. Like Armus, all proficiency.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought her for VIP, Gauntlet and chrons (in this order).
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with most here, it’s a pass from me. I have her at 1/5 and adding a star won’t improve her much for the event, the chrons are the only thing that might tempt me but it’s only a half skirmish event and there is plenty of time to get some of that before phase 2.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    I have her at 4*s, I might pick up the 5th, just to complete the card. She was my first Legendary Card, and the last time she fell out of the portal for me was many months ago.

So I went for it. Besides the 1000 chrons to help with current equiping projects, I get to finally close the book on my longest held gold card.

You're next Age of Sail Beverly...
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her stats have been power-creeped but she’s been one of my white whales for a long time, so I went for it.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was once a time when Seven of Nine reigned in gauntlet. She was among the original gauntlet wall cards, except that only players that were around in the first 6 months of the game had her (which wasn't me).

Then about 1.5 years after I started playing, after honor was a thing, I tried my first 45K behold and there she was. B) There was much joy in the House of Ishmael that day. She continued her gauntlet dominance for another 6 months or so, but then was caught and/or passed by others. She's still among the top SCI proficiency cards though - don't write her off just yet.
  • With the new Campaigns, I'd rather spend $10 there and hope for her in a pack and get all the other goodies.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, her stats are just not great. I have her 1/5* and she *was* a really good gauntlet card before caretaker.
    DB: Do Better
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would add a Star for $9.99 if I had it to do it. But, some people have much better options for what she offers, probably. I'm crew poor!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I would add a Star for $9.99 if I had it to do it. But, some people have much better options for what she offers, probably. I'm crew poor!!!!!

Make no mistake, she is totally fine for what she is. She is still a very good Gauntlet card, she is just now one of several options instead of the best or only option, which she was for a very long time. But if you don't have any of those other options (Caretaker, Armus, Surak), Seven would be a significant upgrade over anything else you would have for SCI/ENG/DIP, and would immediately improve your Gauntlet performance.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would add a Star for $9.99 if I had it to do it. But, some people have much better options for what she offers, probably. I'm crew poor!!!!!

Make no mistake, she is totally fine for what she is. She is still a very good Gauntlet card, she is just now one of several options instead of the best or only option, which she was for a very long time. But if you don't have any of those other options (Caretaker, Armus, Surak), Seven would be a significant upgrade over anything else you would have for SCI/ENG/DIP, and would immediately improve your Gauntlet performance.

He said, ADD a star, so it means he already owns the card, and then it totally is a waste to add another star, since her base status is pure crap. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•

He said, ADD a star, so it means he already owns the card, and then it totally is a waste to add another star, since her base status is pure crap. ;)

FREE Star, though. 1250 Chronies sells for $9.99 during Galaxy Events, and stuff. just saying.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I have her at 3/5, but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. Her base stats just aren’t good enough to spend the money for this event
  • I would add a Star for $9.99 if I had it to do it. But, some people have much better options for what she offers, probably. I'm crew poor!!!!!

FREE Star, though. 1250 Chronies sells for $9.99 during Galaxy Events, and stuff. just saying.

I misread, you are correct. If you are going to buy chrons during the event anyway, then it is a decent enough buy, because, as you say, the price is the same without her, so might as well take the free star.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I've just realised I had her at 2/5 slightly regretting it but she still wouldn't have been useful for the current event, too many other options even my 3/4 Icheb trumps her base stats, but it would have gotten her over the halfway mark to being immortal.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

I misread, you are correct. If you are going to buy chrons during the event anyway, then it is a decent enough buy, because, as you say, the price is the same without her, so might as well take the free star.

Not free, though. Weekend crons are much more valuable than weekday crons.

I always look at these offers as "Bonus stuff with the Chronies, because of the price point. I never buy Chronies any more, because of finances, but if I am, why not get extra free stuff? Just the way I look at it.

What if I told you you can use Chronies you buy at any time at any other time? Then is it a good deal?

I always look at these offers as "Bonus stuff with the Chronies, because of the price point. I never buy Chronies any more, because of finances, but if I am, why not get extra free stuff? Just the way I look at it.

What if I told you you can use Chronies you buy at any time at any other time? Then is it a good deal?

Sure, if you stack them and don’t bother with the time-created crons.

I am a noob, so I need to be super efficient with my crons to build my crew. I assume as the game advances, that level of efficiency is probably not needed.

Unless there is some mechanic I am missing...