Home The Bridge
Options

macro/bot check

when the game asks who is data i know what it is its makeing sure your not useing a bot macro program and im fine with that but what happens if your not paying attention and you click on the wrong one i mean people go in to auto pilot with this game at-least i do and im worried what would happen to my account i have had for 3 years now and have put quite a bit of money into or worse the game hangs (i have a cheap tablet and a less then reliable net connection) right when it goes to bot check me. i am legit worried that the game will delete my stuff

Best Answer

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    People have tried answering the wrong answer on purpose and said that then it gives you another set of people. So if you are on autopilot and not paying attention you get another chance.
    Let’s fly!

Answers

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder about that too. Sometimes I’m going through the motions and it pops up out of nowhere. I could click the wrong one because I’m still going through the motions. Then what?
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also worry about new fans who may simply not be all that familiar with even some of the more prolific characters are because they're too new to the franchise to know who the hell Archer is. I'm unaware of any such incidents being reported here on the forum, but I also imagine such players are more apt to angrily delete the game than they are to go to the trouble of Googling to find where to even complain in the first place.

I do like the basic concept of this feature, mind you. I just wonder if it might not be improved with a little tweaking. For one thing, move the pop-up from when we're clicking for our rewards at the end of a match to just before a match starts. Maybe dumb it down some more and put up, say, a crew member, a ship, and one of the anniversary critter avatars and ask, "Which one is a person/ship/critter?" Randomize which ones are chosen and in which order, but make it easier for a complete newb to navigate.
  • Options
    I choosed the wrong person on purpose for to check it. After the second time I had to restart the game , nothing more happened.
  • Options
    I also worry about new fans who may simply not be all that familiar with even some of the more prolific characters are because they're too new to the franchise to know who the hell Archer is. I'm unaware of any such incidents being reported here on the forum, but I also imagine such players are more apt to angrily delete the game than they are to go to the trouble of Googling to find where to even complain in the first place.

From what I can tell, you are only shown cards that you currently own or have frozen.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just skirmished for 4 straight hours and never once had to swat away a bot check screen.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only happens to me when I leave the game for hours or overnight, then pick it up and start tapping. (Game running in background the whole time.)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the last Galaxy I only got it once. I did a couple supply missions in the middle of the night and it popped up.

I do frequently restart my game a lot when doing Galaxies though. The game gets a little sluggish on my phone after about 50-60 missions.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only happens to me when I leave the game for hours or overnight, then pick it up and start tapping. (Game running in background the whole time.)

This is my experience with it as well
  • Options
    I was on auto-pilot and had the same concerns. I had been online in game for 4 hours continuous, not overnight as reported by others. about 1.5 hrs into skirmish part 2 it happened.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

From what I can tell, you are only shown cards that you currently own or have frozen.

For what it’s worth, I got a check last night that had Gladiator McCoy (not owned), Ushaan Archer (owned and the one that I had to choose), and someone else I wasn’t paying attention to.

Me three.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

I've definitely gotten cards I either didn't own at the time or still have never had. Just offhand, Captain Pike, Enemy Lines Sisko, Gladiator McCoy, Ushaan Archer, Warship Janeway. I'm pretty sure Ushaan Shran has been a choice at times, but he was never who I was being asked to identify.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto. Leaving the game idle then returning to it to play more of the event is what always triggers those popups for me. Which doesn't seem at all like something that would catch players using macros, since I'd think in those cases it would be non-stop game play, rather than the opposite. But whatever. It's a minor inconvenience, and I've never been terribly concerned about macros in the first place, so no skin off my nose either way.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I haven't been asked in a long time. Makes me wonder what specific data outside of random lengthy playing time DB's anti-macro looks for when deciding to send the check?
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...