Home The Bridge
Options

Month of Hell

[7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in The Bridge
Didn't see a thread for general discussion of the June mega, so thought I'd start one.
You have spoken! Thousands of members of the STAR TREK TIMELINES community have voted and chosen the “Year of Hell” episodes from Star Trek: Voyager as the theme for the Players' Choice Mega-Event next month.

In this Mega-Event, strange temporal anomalies are popping up across the Alpha Quadrant, and they seem to be connected to the sudden arrival of a badly damaged U.S.S. Voyager. Your mission is to save the crew from an active war zone and uncover the mystery behind the recent anomalies

Over the course of four weekly events, you will meet and recruit new crew from Star Trek: Voyager, including Year of Hell Tuvok, the Krenim First Officer Obrist, a Desperate Captain Janeway, and Tactical Neelix. Many other characters from Star Trek are also warping into the Alpha Quadrant including Jett Reno (Star Trek: Discovery) and Desperate Riker (Star Trek: The Next Generation).

Prepare for this one of a kind mission: level your survivalist crew, they will provide event bonuses throughout the whole Mega-Event, and check out the schedule of events featured in the “Month of Hell” Mega-Event:

• June 6 – Crimson Spark (Faction Event)
• June 13 – Reconstruction (Skirmish Event)
• June 20 – Time Tsunami (Galaxy Event)
• June 27 – Scarlet Resonance (Hybrid Faction/Galaxy Event)

Looking forward to Jett Reno. Think Desperate Riker will be the one from Parallels?

kfpv47xutqxc.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't see a thread for general discussion of the June mega, so thought I'd start one.
    Over the course of four weekly events, you will meet and recruit new crew from Star Trek: Voyager, including Year of Hell Tuvok, the Krenim First Officer Obrist, a Desperate Captain Janeway, and Tactical Neelix. Many other characters from Star Trek are also warping into the Alpha Quadrant including Jett Reno (Star Trek: Discovery) and Desperate Riker (Star Trek: The Next Generation).

Looking forward to Jett Reno. Think Desperate Riker will be the one from Parallels?

kfpv47xutqxc.jpg

Absolutely it will be. Janet Reno will be a HUGELY sought after card. Get ready for fierce competition on that one.

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    "Parallels" is the immediate thought I had for Desperate Riker.

@Shan - who is the recurring 5*?
  • Options
    But yes, I can't wait to add Jett Reno.

Tig is amazing
  • Options
    Voyager themed mega event. Sure would be a good time for cheesecake Seven...
  • Options
    Doesnt seem very controversial to me but I think likely Banjo's phone or device auto changed it as it didnt like the name Jett. The name was chosen by the actress playing the character, Tig Notaro as it sounded much better than the original name Denise. Tig drew inspiration from rocker Joan Jett.
    Month of Hell event will require chrons in three of the four weeks plus the chrons we have to expend this week to get the Tuvok for next. So Month of Hell may be accurate.

Yes, just poking the bear that is Banjo. All in good fun.

Didn't know that about Jett's background though. That's cool.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I for one thought @Banjo1012's joke was hilarious!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »

Thanks man! No political motive intended. I only call her that because they look alike

• Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    ByloBand wrote: »

Thanks man! No political motive intended. I only call her that because they look alike

Or that was a joke. That works. No poking required :smiley:
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

kfpv47xutqxc.jpg

Absolutely it will be. Janet Reno will be a HUGELY sought after card. Get ready for fierce competition on that one.

*Cue DB making her a purple*
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if DB was serious about this being a Month of Hell, they'd include an Expedition. Cowards!

I'd actually be down with that.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to Sunshine Riker DBs idea of month of hell would be Enterprise themed
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually that was him speaking for himself but I have my suspicions
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confident that Jett Reno would have done a far better job handling Elián González and Waco. Also, if DB was serious about this being a Month of Hell, they'd include an Expedition. Cowards!

To quote many a comedian in the 1990s
    Fire!
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    I feel as thought the omission of cheesecake seven (a card which has gathered alot of interest) from this mega seems strange. This would be perfect for the mega
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought desperate Riker might be from Frame of Mind episode that was my first thought.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought desperate Riker might be from Frame of Mind episode that was my first thought.

Actually, I can see that too. But the YoH context definitely brought "Parallels" to mind, and he's been so widely requested that I really hope that's the version we get.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Actually, I can see that too. But the YoH context definitely brought "Parallels" to mind, and he's been so widely requested that I really hope that's the version we get.

Agree parallels certainly fits better, and frame of mind Riker probably would have been better for the prisoner mega event oh well, here's to hoping.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have spoken! Thousands of members of the STAR TREK TIMELINES community have voted and chosen the “Year of Hell” episodes from Star Trek: Voyager as the theme for the Players' Choice Mega-Event next month.

In this Mega-Event, strange temporal anomalies are popping up across the Alpha Quadrant, and they seem to be connected to the sudden arrival of a badly damaged U.S.S. Voyager. Your mission is to save the crew from an active war zone and uncover the mystery behind the recent anomalies

Prepare for this one of a kind mission: level your survivalist crew, they will provide event bonuses throughout the whole Mega-Event, and check out the schedule of events featured in the “Month of Hell” Mega-Event:

• June 6 – Crimson Spark (Faction Event)
    • June 13 – Reconstruction (Skirmish Event)
    • June 20 – Time Tsunami (Galaxy Event)
    • June 27 – Scarlet Resonance (Hybrid Faction/Galaxy Event)

kfpv47xutqxc.jpg

Ya had me at Jett Reno. More Tig in Season Three!!!!!!
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Why are Expedition Events so rare? Haven't seen one for a while...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because people don't buy extra tickets so DB doesn't make enough money from Expedition events.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I was a fan, but they were divisive in the community (main complaint was tedious tapping...hardly unique to the expedition format), but the real reason is that they (probably) weren't as profitable for DB as the other event types, especially compared to the preparation required. All the different changes to the event rules as DB tried to make it work for them didnt help either. We were told that they can still show up in hybrids every six months or so, but they have just been copying the mission grids and relabeling them for the last few.

I was hoping that MoH would have an expedition portion, but they haven't been seen in the wild for so long they should officialy be declared extinct.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were told that they can still show up in hybrids every six months or so, but they have just been copying the mission grids and relabeling them for the last few.

I think that is about the best case scenario for Expeditions. Twice a year is manageable. Anything more and they would become tedious, but with enough time for the glasses to get a rose-colored tinge, I think they will be a welcome addition to the rotation.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow surprised how many people here are jacked for Jett Reno, but I'll gladly bow out and let everyone fight over that one, hopefully she's a reward during something I can't compete in like a galaxy
  • Options
    Desperate Riker is someone I’ve been waiting for since I started in the game. I hope he’s the skirmish reward.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I personally dislike expeditions. For me the half expedition events are manageable. I know though that some people loooooooove them so I do not mind if DB puts in an expedition once and a while for those that do. I can always skip them.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Wow surprised how many people here are jacked for Jett Reno, but I'll gladly bow out and let everyone fight over that one, hopefully she's a reward during something I can't compete in like a galaxy

I assume we're all excited for Jett because we want her to have the triple crown stat combo -- ENG, MED, SCI. If she ends up having poor stats or a lesser combo, I will be highly disappointed.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends