Home The Bridge

YoH Tuvok not a Survivalist?

So Year of Hell Tuvok is not going to be usable except for the first event in the Year of Hell Mega? That's a bit disappointing.

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Year of Hell Tuvok is not going to be usable except for the first event in the Year of Hell Mega? That's a bit disappointing.

He survived a torpedo explosion. More than Admiral Kitty Kat can say......

Too soon?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes very disappointing. It is why I will be spending my dilithium elsewhere buying different packs than this week's Tuvok packs. And last Mega event's first legendary, Krenim Guest Paris, is not bonus either even though he is from the Year of Hell episode. But the second week's event legandary from last mega, Rura Penthe Commandant, is bonus this mega event.
    Let’s fly!
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's been historical practice to have every legend in mega events always be usable for the whole event. Of course that does not preclude discussion of appropriate traits for tuvok, but I don't think that just because he was a legend in a mega he should automatically useful for the whole thing. That's why we have a recurring legendary.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's been historical practice to have every legend in mega events always be usable for the whole event. Of course that does not preclude discussion of appropriate traits for tuvok, but I don't think that just because he was a legend in a mega he should automatically useful for the whole thing. That's why we have a recurring legendary.

You are not wrong. However, I really hoped. I had planned to cite Tuvok. Now I'll wait.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annoying, yes. A deal-breaker? I don’t think so. We’re getting the Faction event right off the bat and scoring in the hybrid at the end of the month is going to be driven by the Galaxy half anyway...Tuvok really wouldn’t have been of use anyway until the end, and I would like to think that we’ll pick up a few more Survivalists along the way by the time the hybrid comes around.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am more of the mind that Tuvok deserved the survivalist trait because he survived and thrived when few would or could rather than that he needs the survivalist trait just for the bonus it would provide.
    Let’s fly!
  • MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    At this rate, one could argue the entire crew of Voyager should have the survivalist trait due to surviving in the Delta Quadrant for 7 years.
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this rate, one could argue the entire crew of Voyager should have the survivalist trait due to surviving in the Delta Quadrant for 7 years.

And the crew of the Enterprise D for not spontaneously dying everytime Troi overacted.

Actually I'd really like that so I could have more event crew, lol
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided not to bother with Tuvok for two reasons.
    1) Only useful in one event.
    2) Not so thrilled about Neelix, so I don't need Tuvok to get him. And I won't need Neelix in Skirmish.
    Farewell 🖖
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone posted a list with the best "survivalist" base scores in each category, like they sometimes do?
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    Be warned that there is some precedent for DisruptorBeam changing a crew member's trait during a mega event, after the event ends.

This happened with Roga Danar, who was announced as lacking the recurring trait for the mega event he was in. On the following Tuesday, at the same time as the event pack sale ended, the company made an official announcement that Roga Danar would be a recurring bonus crew for the rest of the mega event.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clone wrote: »
    Be warned that there is some precedent for DisruptorBeam changing a crew member's trait during a mega event, after the event ends.

This happened with Roga Danar, who was announced as lacking the recurring trait for the mega event he was in. On the following Tuesday, at the same time as the event pack sale ended, the company made an official announcement that Roga Danar would be a recurring bonus crew for the rest of the mega event.

Is this one of several things that they have vowed not to repeat?
    Farewell 🖖

I think that they indicated that they wouldn't do that, but they didn't vow that they wouldn't do that. I think the only thing that comes close to vowing, is that they will not do a repeat of Mirror Picard.
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭

No, they were unapologetic about it at the time. I argued that it was inappropriate to change the bonus crew in the middle of the mega event, and also inappropriate to do it literally immediately after you could no longer earn/buy him. They offered nothing in compensation for it.
    I think that they indicated that they wouldn't do that, but they didn't vow that they wouldn't do that. I think the only thing that comes close to vowing, is that they will not do a repeat of Mirror Picard.

They also failed to not-repeat the Mirror Picard incident (in which they gave a copy of Mirror Picard to players after some players had already paid $$ for him, then initially refused refunds for people who paid). They did the same thing with HMS Pinafore Data, again initially refusing refunds for people who had just spent money to get him.

I also felt like giving away Fugitive Spock to all players via the Campaign, so soon after selling him in a low-chance Tuesday pack, repeats this same player-hostile blunder.

Caveat emptor.
    Shan wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have brought this up to the team and this was an oversight.
    Resilient Tuvok should have had the "survivalist" trait from the get go and this will be remedied with today's server release.

I am sorry this happened, this is the kind of issues we do try to minimize but we are not quite there yet.

But, the team {with player help!!!} catching them before it is an issue in the Event is good. Stuff happens. You guys are great at usually fixing stuff!!!!!

YAY, DB TEAM!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Great. Now I can freely pull to upgrade my 2/5 knowing he’ll be there for the finale.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also took away a trait from Kazon Seska after everyone planned on using her.
    They also took away a trait from Kazon Seska after everyone planned on using her.

This also happened.
    Tuvok, welcome to immortality. Too bad he isn't in a collection.
    Tuvok, welcome to immortality. Too bad he isn't in a collection.

Maybe will be one, once we have enough YoH Crew in Game.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have brought this up to the team and this was an oversight.
    Resilient Tuvok should have had the "survivalist" trait from the get go and this will be remedied with today's server release.

I am sorry this happened, this is the kind of issues we do try to minimize but we are not quite there yet.

Great news, what about „Away Team Saru“? It’s his only variant without the „Survivalist“ trait, all other Saru got it. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I would've played for him had I known he'd be good for the entire mega. This is the kind of thing that should happen before an event is over as it impacts play decisions. And this time, it's not just for one event, it's for 4 weeks' worth.

Does it really matter much for the 3 remaining mega events?

Week 2:

Skirmishes - he won t provide full bonus and crew bonus doesn t stack,
    so hes useless and wouldn t be on ur ship anyway

Week 3:

Galaxy - You mostly use the 3 featured crew anyway

Week 4:

Hybrid(Fac/Gal) - Yes, quite useful for part 1, but still not a game changer

My thoughts exactly. He’ll be nice to have in the first part of the hybrid but won’t have an effect on ranking in that event because the bulk of the VP earned will be in the second half.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see Resilient Tuvok getting this trait added now. While we all wish oversights like this wouldn't happen, this is a pretty minor one when compared to some other challenges in the past.

On Saru -- I would think that every version of Saru before he goes through Varahai (and loses his threat ganglia) should have the Survivalist trait (and so far, no versions of him after that point are in the game). So, yes, I agree that Away Team Saru should have the Survivalist trait.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
    But he WILL be useful the first week and useful in voyages after.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    But he WILL be useful the first week and useful in voyages after.

That's true regardless of the Survivalist trait though. Because of the event order, this change personally doesn't really impact the way I run the rest of the Mega. Yes, I'm glad I have him for the hybrid at the end, but as mentioned the Galaxy part will play a much bigger role in determining rank, and he won't help as much with that.
  • Bluebeard1 wrote: »

And the crew of the Enterprise D for not spontaneously dying everytime Troi overacted.

Actually I'd really like that so I could have more event crew, lol
    h9ku1s8x2hst.gif

a person who advocates or practices survivalism especially : one who has prepared to survive in the anarchy of an anticipated breakdown of society . Had to look it up and reading it I can see all voyager maquis having it but voyager survived by playing by all the rules of the federation thanks to janeway... ehh for the most part ...