Home The Bridge

YoH Tuvok not a Survivalist?

2»

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Well better they change it now then after the event and the event pack has gone away. I try to get every event legendary. You never know what will happen. I am happy DB added the trait to Tuvok. Makes it very tempting to try to buy packs and finish him. I wish I knew if Jett Reno was gonna be legendary or super rare and what the other discount packs for the month would be. Decisions decisions.
    Let’s fly!
  • This does not appear to have made it into the server push that added Troi
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This does not appear to have made it into the server push that added Troi

This week's server has not gone live yet.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have brought this up to the team and this was an oversight.
    Resilient Tuvok should have had the "survivalist" trait from the get go and this will be remedied with today's server release.

I am sorry this happened, this is the kind of issues we do try to minimize but we are not quite there yet.

I use check lists at work. Maybe that could be a helpful tool when preparing for a mega event.

[ ] Mega Event Trait (at least considered)
    [ ] Crew from each series
    [ ] In-game announcement
    [ ] Mega legendary with different primary than previous one
    [ ] Dax, Data, Spock, or Seven in one of the events

Some of those are just wishful thinking, but you get the idea. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I would've played for him had I known he'd be good for the entire mega. This is the kind of thing that should happen before an event is over as it impacts play decisions. And this time, it's not just for one event, it's for 4 weeks' worth.

Does it really matter much for the 3 remaining mega events?

Week 2:

Skirmishes - he won t provide full bonus and crew bonus doesn t stack,
    so hes useless and wouldn t be on ur ship anyway

Week 3:

Galaxy - You mostly use the 3 featured crew anyway

Week 4:

Hybrid(Fac/Gal) - Yes, quite useful for part 1, but still not a game changer

My thoughts exactly. He’ll be nice to have in the first part of the hybrid but won’t have an effect on ranking in that event because the bulk of the VP earned will be in the second half.

If you're aiming for top 250+ then yeah most of your VP is in the second half. With a decent number of time boosts in phase 1 though, it's pretty doable to reach 400kvp in phase 1 (especially running extra shuttles before starting phase 2). I did in the last hybrid, and it was over 50% of the VP I needed to finish top 1k.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I would've played for him had I known he'd be good for the entire mega. This is the kind of thing that should happen before an event is over as it impacts play decisions. And this time, it's not just for one event, it's for 4 weeks' worth.

Does it really matter much for the 3 remaining mega events?

Week 2:

Skirmishes - he won t provide full bonus and crew bonus doesn t stack,
    so hes useless and wouldn t be on ur ship anyway

Week 3:

Galaxy - You mostly use the 3 featured crew anyway

Week 4:

Hybrid(Fac/Gal) - Yes, quite useful for part 1, but still not a game changer

My thoughts exactly. He’ll be nice to have in the first part of the hybrid but won’t have an effect on ranking in that event because the bulk of the VP earned will be in the second half.

If you're aiming for top 250+ then yeah most of your VP is in the second half. With a decent number of time boosts in phase 1 though, it's pretty doable to reach 400kvp in phase 1 (especially running extra shuttles before starting phase 2). I did in the last hybrid, and it was over 50% of the VP I needed to finish top 1k.

I suppose...I haven’t burned real hard in a hybrid for a while and just use enough 3* time reducers to kickstart. Come to think of it, I can usually at least crack the 130k threshold by the end of the Faction phase even taking it easy like that.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tuvok, welcome to immortality. Too bad he isn't in a collection.

There is a Vulcan collection. Easy to forget about.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that since I have it finished. Maybe someday it will be expanded.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that since I have it finished. Maybe someday it will be expanded.

Between YoH Tuvok and all the recent Spock's, there should be no problem expanding it.
    Farewell 🖖
  • SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have brought this up to the team and this was an oversight.
    Resilient Tuvok should have had the "survivalist" trait from the get go and this will be remedied with today's server release.

I am sorry this happened, this is the kind of issues we do try to minimize but we are not quite there yet.

Thanks, @Shan :)