Home Make It So!
Options

Split Pool of 4*'s Between Time Portal and Voyages

I got to thinking about the issue of the Time Portal pool of 4*'s being so diluted by now, and it occurred to me that maybe a thing to try would be to split up the pool of 4*'s with some dropping from packs in the Time Portal and some dropping from Voyages. This keeps all of them in circulation, but through different delivery mechanisms. The only further thoughts I've had about what might make such an arrangement tenable and appealing for players:

I dunno how to split 'em up, but neither pool should consist of just the oldest crew members, because that makes that pool inherently stale.

Weekly Themed Packs should still be compiled from all existing 4*'s, regardless of how they're otherwise circulated.

Comments

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got to thinking about the issue of the Time Portal pool of 4*'s being so diluted by now, and it occurred to me that maybe a thing to try would be to split up the pool of 4*'s with some dropping from packs in the Time Portal and some dropping from Voyages. This keeps all of them in circulation, but through different delivery mechanisms. The only further thoughts I've had about what might make such an arrangement tenable and appealing for players:

I dunno how to split 'em up, but neither pool should consist of just the oldest crew members, because that makes that pool inherently stale.

Weekly Themed Packs should still be compiled from all existing 4*'s, regardless of how they're otherwise circulated.

That's a creative idea. I like it. Maybe split them up by which show they were on?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a creative idea. I like it. Maybe split them up by which show they were on?

I'm not big on splitting by show if only because as such an ardent DS9 fan/collector, that would severely curtail any appeal to me for one of the two delivery mechanisms outright. I don't want to have to rely solely on either the Time Portal or Voyages for the remaining stars I need for those crew. I'd rather be able to get some DS9 from each.

Throughout the day, I thought about a few things:
    • The 28 4*'s from launch go to Voyages. That's about 10% of the pool.
    • Event Featured Crew from, say, the last year go to the Time Portal, since players are likelier to have those and need some stars. Older Featured Crew get shuffled to Voyages.
    • For crew members who debut in Time Portal limited packs, maybe set up a phasing schedule, where they run in the Portal for that week, then after awhile, they get added to Voyages. Then after that, they get recirculated through the Portal again.

But this is just me spitballin'.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems like a solid idea. I would suggest older crew in voyages where anyone can get them, and newer crew in portal where people will pay to get them and the rest of us will get a pack a week from events.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case anyone is curious, here are some stats about the 4*'s to date, including Obrist but excluding the eight Voyage exclusives and the two combiner Easter eggs (The Duras Sisters and Tuvix):

YEARLY TOTALS
    2016: 105/261 (includes 27* launch crew)
    2017: 74
    2018: 60
    2019: 22 (to date)

NO EVENT (BY YEAR)
    All: 61/261
    2016: 42 (includes 11 launch crew)
    2017: 8
    2018: 6
    2019: 4 (to date)

*I said 28 in a previous post because I was careless and included Tuvix.