Home The Bridge

Tactical Neelix

Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
Just realizing we haven't started a thread to consider the new Neelix yet. Fairly unique combo in terms of the order -- Security primary, Med secondary, Dip tertiary. From a base stat perspective, I think the only other Security primary, Med secondary crew that is this strong is Merry Men Crusher.

Tactical Officer Neelix
Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: DIP 526 (57-159), SEC 1311 (208-443), MED 1024 (140-313)
Traits: Starfleet, Civilian, Talaxian, Mylean, Resourceful, Chef, Survivalist
Fleet: Starship Trista
Captain Level: 95
VIP Level: 12
Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

Comments

• [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad It's a faction, nearly impossible to run for top 25 in those without spending big money.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kind of interested in Tactical Officer Neelix, but since mine would almost certainly languish at 1/5, he's less appealing to me. Still helpful, surely, but not so much that I'm going to go all out for him. I'm aiming to clear the thresholds, and I'll keep running Section 31 shuttles until the event ends, 'cause I can always use more 0* Case Files and Holoprograms and 2* Security Codes, but if I fall outside the top 1500, so be it.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kind of interested in Tactical Officer Neelix, but since mine would almost certainly languish at 1/5, he's less appealing to me. Still helpful, surely, but not so much that I'm going to go all out for him. I'm aiming to clear the thresholds, and I'll keep running Section 31 shuttles until the event ends, 'cause I can always use more 0* Case Files and Holoprograms and 2* Security Codes, but if I fall outside the top 1500, so be it.

This was my attitude until I realized he will be a top 10 voyager. He's not at the top, but he would be reasonably high on my "to cite" list.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only he had command as his tertiary skill instead of diplomacy then I could have stuck him in the command slot on voyages. Bell Riots Bashir, Admiral Cornwell take up my diplomace slots in med-sec voyages.
    Let’s fly!

This was my attitude until I realized he will be a top 10 voyager. He's not at the top, but he would be reasonably high on my "to cite" list.

If I should manage to get him, he'd definitely be a strong candidate for any 5* Citations I may have at the end of a Campaign that features someone I already have at 1/5. I don't expect that will be routine, of course.

Also, I will admit that I kinda want him just for the sake of nostalgia for the Playmates Toys Spencer Gifts exclusive action figure of yesteryear. And I'd like a Dress Uniform Jadzia Dax to go with him.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not stressed for SEC/MED as badly as some others but he will definitely end up somewhere near the middle of my citation list.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in a bit of a pickle with this guy. My current citation focus is Warship EMA, who I've now got up to 3 stars. But Neelix is probably the better card (to Apollo's point, it's a shame his tertiary isn't CMD, because he would then be objectively better I suspect), so now I'm not sure where to target my efforts.

Tis truly a hard-knocked life.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I'm in a bit of a pickle with this guy. My current citation focus is Warship EMA, who I've now got up to 3 stars. But Neelix is probably the better card (to Apollo's point, it's a shame his tertiary isn't CMD, because he would then be objectively better I suspect), so now I'm not sure where to target my efforts.

If you have Cornwell and Darth Bashir already, citing up Warship EMA is still the better choice, IMHO. He brings a different tertiary skill to the table. But you're right, if Neelix's third skill were command, it would be different.

My dream would have been Neelix with an Engineering tertiary skill (instead of diplomacy).
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

Warship EMA is fantastic once FF. I would stick with him till he is done. You won't regret it.
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Warship EMA is fantastic once FF. I would stick with him till he is done. You won't regret it.

100% this. Yes, Neelix has a huge overall voyage number, and is the new #1 SEC/MED voyager, but don't underestimate the value of EMA being a MED primary. EMA still brings 300+ more MED points (without bonuses) to your voyages than Neelix, in addition to the antimatter bonus traits EMA hits regularly, and EMA's higher event chances. Neelix looks great, but you can get extra SEC from tons of sources. Stay the course.
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I like the stats and character, but being on travel and finishing in a faction event is not easy. Sadly I’ll have to do threshy and out
    edited June 2019

Yes stay the course with Warship EMA. He only has a slightly smaller voyage score than tactical neelix, he has command instead of diplomacy tertiary so better utility and Warship EMA has more traits. He is one of only two cards that is both android and hologram. Warship EMA is better and you already have him to 3 stars.
    Let’s fly!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the wonderful tips everyone!
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes stay the course with Warship EMA. He only has a slightly smaller voyage score than tactical neelix, he has command instead of diplomacy tertiary so better utility and Warship EMA has more traits. He is the only card that is both android and hologram. Warship EMA is better and you already have him to 3 stars.

The Frank Hollander variant of Data is an Android and Hologram too.
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Frank_Hollander

Unless you meant an Android, Hologram with Med?
    edited June 2019
    Proont wrote: »

Yes stay the course with Warship EMA. He only has a slightly smaller voyage score than tactical neelix, he has command instead of diplomacy tertiary so better utility and Warship EMA has more traits. He is the only card that is both android and hologram. Warship EMA is better and you already have him to 3 stars.

The Frank Hollander variant of Data is an Android and Hologram too.
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Frank_Hollander

Unless you meant an Android, Hologram with Med?

Good catch. I didnt realize he had hologram trait too. I shall amend my earlier statement. Thx. If anyone finds any others let me know.
    Let’s fly!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very much in two minds chasing Neelix - i missed out on the EMA - but the lack of command as the third skill is what kills the enthusiasm, like others I have Bashir, Cornwell, Guinanan and a 3/5 Guinan mk II. Not to mention Pulaski. That being said a SEC/MED either primary or secondary is lacking for me in the Legendary department so I guess there is scope to chase for him.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's the 8th overall voyage character. i'm not sure why people are so hung up on a tertiary skill

i think its the being able to find a use for him in the meantime while he's at 1/5, a lot can happen in the 3 or so months for the majority of people who get him.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sec/Med combo is attractive. Alas, I dont have the boosts/shuttle tokesn/dilithium to get sum 1500 so I'll take Vestway and anything else I get is a bonus. (No I wont level a duplicate Martok).
    DB: Do Better
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's the 8th overall voyage character. i'm not sure why people are so hung up on a tertiary skill

i think its the being able to find a use for him in the meantime while he's at 1/5, a lot can happen in the 3 or so months for the majority of people who get him.

I'm considering dumping a bunch of dil to try and get more stars on him. Think about his support to other voyages, he would make an awesome med slot for a SEC/DIP voyage or SEC/CMD beside EMA doc in the other med slot.
    Because it is very important for med-sec voyages. Most of the medical crew are med-dip-sec or dip-med sec, certainly Prisoner Cornwell, Bell Riots Bashir, and Guinan are. The great thing about Warship EMA is he can be put in a command slot. Neelix would still be very helpful but without having command I have to take up an existing spot I already have filled in dip, med, or sec which means he will not add to my voyage score as well as if he had had command. It is a little thing but a little thing is big when it comes to shelling out thousands of dilithium to get someone to 5/5.
    Let’s fly!
    Because it is very important for med-sec voyages. Most of the medical crew are med-dip-sec or dip-med sec, certainly Prisoner Cornwell, Bell Riots Bashir, and Guinan are. The great thing about Warship EMA is he can be put in a command slot. Neelix would still be very helpful but without having command I have to take up an existing spot I already have filled in dip, med, or sec which means he will not add to my voyage score as well as if he had had command. It is a little thing but a little thing is big when it comes to shelling out thousands of dilithium to get someone to 5/5.

If you're staffing with Cornwell, Darth Bashir, and Guinan, adding Tactical Officer Neelix still works. There are six slots for the four of them. Chances are favorable a couple of them will be bonus trait eligible, so that ought to help with the assignments. He'd likely be worth using in a MED/DIP Voyage, too. His DIP is meh, but his MED is still strong and it won't hurt to bolster your SEC.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I am missing something, and this question really doesn't matter in the long run of things but....

How does any version of Neelix have medical? Kes yes, and Paris sure, but Neelix?

I just re-watched the Month of Hell episodes, and didn't notice him do anything medical that I recall;)
  • Its a stretch, but Morale Officer as a medical trait.
    DeanWins wrote: »
    Maybe I am missing something, and this question really doesn't matter in the long run of things but....

How does any version of Neelix have medical? Kes yes, and Paris sure, but Neelix?

I just re-watched the Month of Hell episodes, and didn't notice him do anything medical that I recall;)
    Its a stretch, but Morale Officer as a medical trait.

DB has grouped counselors--even informal ones like Bartender Guinan and Vic Fontaine--with MED. Even Sybok has it, presumably because of the "Release your pain!" therapy sessions he conducted as a recruitment strategy.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭

DB has grouped counselors--even informal ones like Bartender Guinan and Vic Fontaine--with MED. Even Sybok has it, presumably because of the "Release your pain!" therapy sessions he conducted as a recruitment strategy.

Ahh yah I was kind of thinking that as well;) plus it is db after all lol
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭

Ahh yah I was kind of thinking that as well;) plus it is db after all lol

Being a mental healthcare advocate, I think DB did well by doing that.

I agree, meant no disrespect to the mental health field:) Thou I also agree that neelix is a bit of a stretch as being qualified in that field, still it creates variety if nothing else, which is good.