Home The Bridge

Voyage Maximum number of Super rares?

Is there a maximum number of Super Rares (purple) that will drop on a single voyage?

I recently had a 42 hour one and stopped receiving SR after 36 hours, as I had 8 at that point. Previously, I had a shorter 30 hour that also seemed to max out at 8 SR. Anybody have experience with this? I figure dilemma specific characters should drop after 8, but it could give me some other dilemma reward like schematics or items I guess.

g5y9pmy8654w.jpg

Comments

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pfft. I've been starting to wonder if the max was 1, given how stingy Voyages have been for me of late. So far as I know, though, there is no formula to it. No "x 4*s for y time" thing. Just pure dumb luck.
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 24 purple crew on my 67.5 hour voyage. 8 is certainly not the maximum
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had 3+ voyages in a row not drop a SR between 6-8 hours. You just got unlucky for 6 hours. It's annoying, but not unheard of given RNG.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a Voyage drop an SR at the 4 hour mark the other day. Not new, but always unexpected. At the recall around 9 hours, that was still the only one. Other Voyages have yielded 8+ before the 12 hour mark, so it's just RNG hell.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Voyages are still the best way to earn chrons in the game based on time and quantity.

I wholeheartedly agree!

Given the small sample size of 2 long voyages and your answers, it's just coincindence/RNG I only had 8 SR's at my voyage recall.

• Torias327 wrote: »
    I had 24 purple crew on my 67.5 hour voyage. 8 is certainly not the maximum

Oh... RNG gods smiled on you... B)
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've stated that you will find a Voyage to be "heavy" in one facet or another - Chrons, Trainers, Merits, Credits Components, or Crew.
    Now that you mention that, it seems really obvious . . . I feel a bit silly for not figuring it out myself. I always just passed it off as RNG for the way voyages seemed to swing towards specific things. :smile:
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasedoki wrote: »
    I've stated that you will find a Voyage to be "heavy" in one facet or another - Chrons, Trainers, Merits, Credits Components, or Crew.
    Now that you mention that, it seems really obvious . . . I feel a bit silly for not figuring it out myself. I always just passed it off as RNG for the way voyages seemed to swing towards specific things. :smile:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy

The gambler's fallacy, also known as the Monte Carlo fallacy or the fallacy of the maturity of chances, is the mistaken belief that, if something happens more frequently than normal during a given period, it will happen less frequently in the future (or vice versa). In situations where the outcome being observed is truly random and consists of independent trials of a random process, this belief is false.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    There is no limit other than what RNG grants. I've done the research after Voyages was released, and also after the "nerfed Voyages" which really weren't nerfed. I've stated that you will find a Voyage to be "heavy" in one facet or another - Chrons, Trainers, Merits, Credits Components, or Crew. You will know what it's leaning towards, and if you want to continue on then you will most likely continue to be favored in that facet.

Add Replicator Rations. Sometimes get more of them than anything.

I just had THREE whole Chronitons when I got to the first Dilemma on my Voyage. Lowest I have ever seen. What drops is definitely random.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."