Home The Bridge

Awwww, it's so cute.

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
It would be a shame if, I don't know, the HMS Bounty blewed it to smithereens......
"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Comments

• YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    You had me until you called it cute
    So basically I guess I was hanging on that "Awwww"
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you even see it? (Unless you're lucky enough to be able to do battles on your desktop.)

My 9" iPad I can't see the damn thing, I just know it's there because my ship is shooting at it.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I caught a glimpse of it as it was exploding, that’s all.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like a bully picking on a little wimpy kid
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so Blue!!!!!

ihbpw0nv473v.jpg

I'ma be honest. I'm kind of surprised that little one-seat Fighter does not have a Boarding Party Button. Whoever designs the Skirmishes sure likes Boarding Parties. 60% of the Ships we fight have them......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    friendly reminder - if you're not going for rank, just harvesting stuff, you can skip the last battle and not have to blow up that thing! :)
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    friendly reminder - if you're not going for rank, just harvesting stuff, you can skip the last battle and not have to blow up that thing! :)

Yes and no. I like to finish the last battle until thresholds are done just so I can get there faster. After that all the goodies are just bonus.
  • I've got to be honest, this is replicator fuel. How this can be anything other than a Commander/Easy level ship is beyond me. Whoever thought it would be cool to put a pair of St Bernard ears on a door stop as a design for a ship must be on something stronger than tea.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I’m just thinking yay!!! Another low AM ship I have to scroll through while staffing my voyage.

I’ve actually gotten to the point where anytime I get ship schematics that aren’t 5* ships, I just use them for replicator fuel.

Now if only I could dismantle all my 2, 3, 4* ships for replicator fuel so I wouldn’t have to scroll through them when picking voyage ships OR a better idea: DB makes a chop-shop for ship parts. You dismantle a ship and can repurpose its parts into schematics for another ship.

If so, I’d finally be getting more stars on my Valdore which has been sitting at 2/10 ever since it debuted.

I have like half a dozen like that, mostly a hair away from level one. Take this Proton ship in the arena. It sat a hair away from level one for months, now it’s the arena reward which is cool, but at the end of the month I’ll only get it to level 8 and there it will sit forever waiting for a portal update. It’s useless cuz even if it’s the featured trait it’s still not as much AM as a maxed 5* without the trait

I’m just thinking yay!!! Another low AM ship I have to scroll through while staffing my voyage.

I’ve actually gotten to the point where anytime I get ship schematics that aren’t 5* ships, I just use them for replicator fuel.

Now if only I could dismantle all my 2, 3, 4* ships for replicator fuel so I wouldn’t have to scroll through them when picking voyage ships OR a better idea: DB makes a chop-shop for ship parts. You dismantle a ship and can repurpose its parts into schematics for another ship.

If so, I’d finally be getting more stars on my Valdore which has been sitting at 2/10 ever since it debuted.

So jealous! Valdore is the only ship I don't have! I did 4 or 5 pulls that week for it and it lingers at 575 waiting to be built. Maybe it will be September Arena rewards...
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reminder, I get so in the zone on skirmishes I often forget there are ships involved!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe an incentive for having more ships in your "fleet", slightly faster chron generation?
    Maybe, trim 5 seconds off the 5 minutes for each fully completed ship.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    It’s useless cuz even if it’s the featured trait it’s still not as much AM as a maxed 5* without the trait

That’s incorrect. At level 7, a featured trait 5 star ship will have as much antimatter (2350+150) as a level 10 ship without the trait (2500). Each level increases the antimatter by 50, so a level 8 ship, with the featured trait, will have 50 antimatter more than a non-feature trait level 10 ship.

BTW: any one else having some epically bad problems with the new ship skin? It looks like the fighter hit a bad electrostatic anomaly or something.

k527i2uq3u0p.png
    yhqcgkkjlfua.png
    7qp81me8l2tb.png

Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got to be honest, this is replicator fuel. How this can be anything other than a Commander/Easy level ship is beyond me. Whoever thought it would be cool to put a pair of St Bernard ears on a door stop as a design for a ship must be on something stronger than tea.

I nominate this for comment of the week. That description of the little ship is wonderful.
    EnderW wrote: »
    It’s useless cuz even if it’s the featured trait it’s still not as much AM as a maxed 5* without the trait

That’s incorrect. At level 7, a featured trait 5 star ship will have as much antimatter (2350+150) as a level 10 ship without the trait (2500). Each level increases the antimatter by 50, so a level 8 ship, with the featured trait, will have 50 antimatter more than a non-feature trait level 10 ship.

BTW: any one else having some epically bad problems with the new ship skin? It looks like the fighter hit a bad electrostatic anomaly or something.

k527i2uq3u0p.png
    yhqcgkkjlfua.png
    7qp81me8l2tb.png

I stand corrected as I do recall my klingon sarcophagus being worth 2450 for a tune

I've got to be honest, this is replicator fuel. How this can be anything other than a Commander/Easy level ship is beyond me. Whoever thought it would be cool to put a pair of St Bernard ears on a door stop as a design for a ship must be on something stronger than tea.

I nominate this for comment of the week. That description of the little ship is wonderful.

I second this! :)

Also, since we still have no idea where this ship is from, at this point, I am saying it is non-canon. (I have combed through 10 of the 14 episodes of season 2 of of Disco, and it's just not there.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Also, since we still have no idea where this ship is from, at this point, I am saying it is non-canon. (I have combed through 10 of the 14 episodes of season 2 of of Disco, and it's just not there.

Yeah, Shan says it's from the final battle with control near Xahea (Po's home planet), but I've checked it a few times and if they used these "Federation Fighters" I'm not seeing it. I see the Tactical Flyers that Number One commandeered, Class C shuttles, Landing pod's, Ba'ul fighters (that Saru's sister showed up with) and the S31 drone fighters, but nothing like this and no one else I've talked to seems to have been able to find it either.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's clearly different, but it really reminds me of 'Alice' from Voyager - not so much the looks, but it just seems so much like it was something they had to build for an episode. Like someone's said "Okay we need a physical prop with a cockpit we can film Robert Duncan McNeill in, but we already spent all that money on tailoring Jeri a new catsuit that won't asphyxiate her, so please don't design a twenty-metre stealth fighter that'll cost fifteen million to build," and that's how you get the boxy cockpit with mostly straight lines it's easy to throw together in the wood shop, and a few little wings and pods on the outside to make it look like it can move.

I don't hate it - if anything I kind of like that it seems so much like the sort of thing they did used to do. Bizarre to make it a 5* thought, and until someone shows me a screenshot I'm calling it non-canon (not that that bothers me, I like non-canon so long as it fits in, I just want to know what the heck it is).
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭

Hope DB fixes the scrolling thing for voyages, takes forever.

Perhaps even just allowing us to favourite our ships will be a start just like we do with crew where favourites are at the top if default view. A second choice would be to sort by rarity.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It kind of looks like a Republic Gunship from Attack of the Clones.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    it reminds me of ships I used to build out of polydrons
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    QUESTION: I'm over 200,000 victory already, are you guys POSITIVE there are ships involved in this event?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    QUESTION: I'm over 200,000 victory already, are you guys POSITIVE there are ships involved in this event?

You should have gotten enough Schemes for Level One on the Fighter.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question, how many of you have actually lost a skirmish battle? Since they first brought skirmishes out, I have yet to lose one.

Trista
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question, how many of you have actually lost a skirmish battle? Since they first brought skirmishes out, I have yet to lose one.

Trista

I did ... maybe twice ...
    - one time to test what would happen, this was during the first skirmish event.

- once when real life intervened ... my youngest started crying the second I'd initiated a battle so I put the phone down to go and comfort him and when I returned (5 mins later) I found out I'd lost the battle ... flippin' real life :)