Home The Bridge
Options

Why I Love Skirmishes

Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
All of what you are about to see I accomplished in phase 1 of this skirmish event.

1. radei51kvi13.png

2. gw56r63nk4f3.png

3. syczpjnfrg75.png

4. 8dfkm5lkkxbo.png

5. j493bggfsw3b.png

6. 218rdphznueb.png

7. f04vxvwyk2cq.png

8. 5gw52cx8s8zp.png

9. oskba8deh9t2.png

10. huidadrb22w4.png

11. w47r80ngimbn.png

12. 0qxcd8qg4jow.png

Which allowed this to happen...

1qikk6ihyrlo.png
In case it is not clear, these were the final 12 rares I had not previously immortalized

All of that farming/leveling made this happen...

kl7a4xot3brb.jpg

ALL that Intel, plus those I got rushing Mambo Picard and Mirror T'Pol to 100, and immortalizing two super rares for collection bonuses in phase 2 lead to this....

9hwri978yco0.png

Skirmishes are AMAZING!

Comments

• Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I had a lot of Rares/SuperRares to work on, I had the same elation during skirmishes.

I presently have 24 unequipped cards, all Gold, so they are slower to work on. But I managed to FE 5 of them this weekend.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's 600+ 0* clothing thingies and 500+ 0* databases. And that's just what was convenient to put on one screen.
    gbytydw58hvl.png

Which put me in the top 100. And only 4k lighter on chronitons than when the event began.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I guess it requires massive amounts of battles to gain much from these.

I think I got just into top 1000 three times on skirmish. The 2nd two times of this I got maybe 5000 honor and it cost maybe 5000 chronitons to do it. I guess it's OK but certainly does not get me excited. I find the battles to be the most painful and irritating thing in the game right now.

Maybe if you do 100x more battles than I am doing it begins to pay out? otherwise I just don't see it.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ByloBand that is smart playing, using whatever you can to your advantage
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have liked this Skirmish better if I had not been cheated out of finishing the Threshold.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    All of what you are about to see I accomplished in phase 1 of this skirmish event.

1. radei51kvi13.png

2. gw56r63nk4f3.png

3. syczpjnfrg75.png

4. 8dfkm5lkkxbo.png

5. j493bggfsw3b.png

6. 218rdphznueb.png

7. f04vxvwyk2cq.png

8. 5gw52cx8s8zp.png

9. oskba8deh9t2.png

10. huidadrb22w4.png

11. w47r80ngimbn.png

12. 0qxcd8qg4jow.png

Which allowed this to happen...

1qikk6ihyrlo.png
    In case it is not clear, these were the final 12 rares I had not previously immortalized

All of that farming/leveling made this happen...

kl7a4xot3brb.jpg

ALL that Intel, plus those I got rushing Mambo Picard and Mirror T'Pol to 100, and immortalizing two super rares for collection bonuses in phase 2 lead to this....

9hwri978yco0.png

Skirmishes are AMAZING!

Congrats!!!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go! Being gone for part of the weekend meant only clearing thresholds and a finish in the 3200s but the holoemitters from farming intel have us nearly finished with our next starbase level, so that’s exciting.
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    @ByloBand awesome job! I was able to immortalize both Captain Spock and Surak during phase one, and then Drafted McCoy in phase two. I could have immortalized a couple more purples, but I was focusing on legendary characters that are level 100 but not fully equipped.
  • Options
    I too love skirmishes for these reasons. I have a pretty mindless job so I can dedicated Thursday Friday and Monday just to tap tap tapping.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing about this skirmish was that it was a busy weekend for me still got in under 1k and completed a few golds including papa loves mambo, just wish I had more time to have done a lot more prefarming and rank higher as a result. But there will always be a next time for that.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skirmishes are a self-reinforcing virtuous cycle -- use chronitons to get intel, use intel to advance and get more chronitons, plus some honor, intel, and victory points. If you're using a supply kit, the net loss of chronitons is pretty low. So, really, the only thing you lose is time, which must make Annorax smile. :wink:

And look! He smiles!
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    They are massively grindy. If they gave us the option to multiply our intel spend x10 and reward gain x10 or x20 I'd be playing a lot more. Still, better than say Galaxies which are a net chron drain with 0 bonuses until the event finishes but spending 4-5 hours mindlessly tapping on my phone even with good rewards isn't fun.
  • Options
    And I thought I was doing well to FE 5 golds. Love them skirmishes!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skirmishes are a self-reinforcing virtuous cycle -- use chronitons to get intel, use intel to advance and get more chronitons, plus some honor, intel, and victory points. If you're using a supply kit, the net loss of chronitons is pretty low. So, really, the only thing you lose is time, which must make Annorax smile. :wink:

Man, your description is so perfect it makes me want to put in some effort tonight to turn it into a haiku and then put that haiku on a t-shirt! Thank you!
    Way to go! Being gone for part of the weekend meant only clearing thresholds and a finish in the 3200s but the holoemitters from farming intel have us nearly finished with our next starbase level, so that’s exciting.

I hear you, I wish I had had more time to devote to this thing this weekend, but between my dad's birthday party, our wedding anniversary, and Father's Day, a lot of my time was tied up in family stuff.
    V. wrote: »
    I guess it requires massive amounts of battles to gain much from these.

I think I got just into top 1000 three times on skirmish. The 2nd two times of this I got maybe 5000 honor and it cost maybe 5000 chronitons to do it. I guess it's OK but certainly does not get me excited. I find the battles to be the most painful and irritating thing in the game right now.

Maybe if you do 100x more battles than I am doing it begins to pay out? otherwise I just don't see it.

You know that old saying, you need money to make money? Skirmishes work that way , only with chronitons. The more you start with and the more you invest with a supply kit active, the more you win back, providing you throw the chronitons into space battles with a perfect 25% reduced cost (ie warping 20 and 24 cost battles that reduce to 15 and 18 with a kit, getting you the max benefit). PLUS, when you warp so many space battles you generate a ton of holoemitters, making you popular with your fleet!
    That's 600+ 0* clothing thingies and 500+ 0* databases. And that's just what was convenient to put on one screen.
    gbytydw58hvl.png

Which put me in the top 100. And only 4k lighter on chronitons than when the event began.

Now that I FINALLY feel like I have all my backlogged crew issues sorted (long story short: as a newer player I prioritized account strength ahead of crew that weren't helping me as much, meaning I had a lot of rares taking up many crew slots for months. This is no longer a concern!) I will be transitioning my skirmish strategies away from crew concerns and enter the area of strategic item farming like you and several other people :)

And thank you to everyone who reached out with congratulations!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear you, I wish I had had more time to devote to this thing this weekend, but between my dad's birthday party, our wedding anniversary, and Father's Day, a lot of my time was tied up in family stuff.

Yikes! I thought just Father’s Day was busy enough but you managed to pack in all kinds of celebrations in one weekend. I’m tired for you. :)
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes! I thought just Father’s Day was busy enough but you managed to pack in all kinds of celebrations in one weekend. I’m tired for you. :)

LOL, if only you knew how little sleep I get under normal circumstances ;)
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done, @ByloBand! This is definitely a testament to how lucrative Skirmishes can be. I imagine this also translated into twelve freed up crew slots for you?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done, @ByloBand! This is definitely a testament to how lucrative Skirmishes can be. I imagine this also translated into twelve freed up crew slots for you?

Yup, that was the goal! By the end it became 14 slots as right at the end this morning before my supply kit expired I quickly immortalized Cyrus Redblock (I'll now be running Federation shuttles for a year to restock my depleted ancient film supply!) and Alan-a-Dale La Forge to hit on 2 collection bonuses!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Yup, that was the goal! By the end it became 14 slots as right at the end this morning before my supply kit expired I quickly immortalized Cyrus Redblock (I'll now be running Federation shuttles for a year to restock my depleted ancient film supply!) and Alan-a-Dale La Forge to hit on 2 collection bonuses!

Congratulations! Yeah, you will need 18 films for Mambo Picard, but Week 4 is a Hybrid Faction/Galaxy and either Federation or Borg (if in the Event) shuttles drop them. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet. Also, PSA time: Don't forget to check the various faction center stores daily! There are a handful of items that are worth buying outright with credits or merits. My personal list:

0* Ancient Films (Borg, Federation)
    0* Case Files (Section 31)
    0* Holoprograms (Borg, Section 31)
    0* Medical Experiments (Augments)
    1* & 2* Encoded Communiques (Maquis; also TUF "First Conflict" Epic drops both)
    1* & 2* Tactical Alert (Section 31)
    2* Science Experiment (Augments)
    2* Security Codes (Borg, Section 31)
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations! Yeah, you will need 18 films for Mambo Picard, but Week 4 is a Hybrid Faction/Galaxy and either Federation or Borg (if in the Event) shuttles drop them. 🖖🏻

I rushed Mambo Picard to 100 about 5 minutes after acquiring him :p And 5 minutes after that he was already on a voyage!

Sweet. Also, PSA time: Don't forget to check the various faction center stores daily! There are a handful of items that are worth buying outright with credits or merits.

Oh trust me, I do this EVERY day, and it is a big reason why I insist on keeping a substantial bankroll of credits and merits at all times :)
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Shhhh Don't let DB know about it, or we will have a super nerf on our hands lol
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeanWins wrote: »
    Shhhh Don't let DB know about it, or we will have a super nerf on our hands lol

So true!! they are worth doing but not to the expense of RL. I gave up at the third Riker, more due to family time commitments and the fact that my phone screen is broken at the moment so mashing about with buttons is rather frustrating.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I don't think they will nerf it; I still find a galaxy followed by galaxy hybrid kills my chron stash somewhat if they kill off the rewards in a skirmish. I think the time would come that I would hang up my uniform or I just wouldn't compete in events - but then I most likely won't enjoy the game so much, because I like the competition of events and the greater influx of honor for citations - if those two things dwindle.....

Well I think Malcolm Reed said it best in the episode Shuttlepod 1 - "how does it feel to be slower than a snail."
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously doubt Skirmishes are in danger, they function as a giant energy drink for player morale. I get why they are semi-uncommon as too many would unbalance the game, but they are IMO necessary to maintaining a healthy player base.
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I seriously doubt Skirmishes are in danger, they function as a giant energy drink for player morale. I get why they are semi-uncommon as too many would unbalance the game, but they are IMO necessary to maintaining a healthy player base.

Here is hoping you are all right:)
  • Options
    BakerbeanzBakerbeanz ✭✭✭
    I did good in this, but didn't run any kits because I wasn't in the mood for being intense this week. I'll go to 130k in this event coming and power up for whenever the next Skirmish event comes around. They're the most fun to me also.