Home The Bridge
Options

2019 Crew Demographics (First Half)

I made some sloppy mistakes with the Q1 Crew Demographics post, but the one no one caught is that that supposedly quarterly report ran from January through April. Oops.

FULL Q2 DATA including April, like it should:
yfw3v3uvfpxl.jpg
myz2fqv80pa3.jpg

ABRIDGED Q2 DATA only adding to what was in the erroneously expanded Q1 thread:
fvtqokbxg7zt.jpg
th6oiaf74sz0.jpg

YEAR TO DATE (January through June):
c7pxbzo8972f.jpg
809j2qc7v62b.jpg

2019 has been VOY's year so far. Even before this "Month of Hell", it already had 13 crew. That's more than ENT (8), TOS (10), or TNG (12). It's picked up another 8 from the mega, including the Recurring Legendary, Determined Janeway, and the new 2* Injured Torres.

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like seeing these threads. I find the breakdown informative. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Agreed – Awesome Travis! What is the very thin slice of Blue on the last chart though? :p
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    "When everyone's Legendary...no one will be."
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always makes me want to bring out the swingometer love these charts.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's, roughly, 309 legendary cards in game, compared to 274 purples
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Very nice. I think you will find the STT community is just the place for charts. :smiley: Also I agree with the sentiment that we are too LEGENDARY. Challenge accepted to reduce crew rarity from DB.
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed – Awesome Travis! What is the very thin slice of Blue on the last chart though? :p

I believe that would be 3* crew added.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

That is the one and only 3* added to the game in 2016, Tribunal Pike.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB has to make more legendaries cause they are the ones with the best stats so the ones people will buy. No reason to buy a super rare or lower after ypu have been playing the game for a while.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB has to make more legendaries cause they are the ones with the best stats so the ones people will buy. No reason to buy a super rare or lower after ypu have been playing the game for a while.

I've always just assumed the key reason the weekly packs spotlight new 5*'s instead of new 4*'s was to sell a lot of packs to the players willing to spend the money chasing all five copies needed to fully fuse them. Stats never seemed all that relevant for the purpose of that operation.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always just assumed the key reason the weekly packs spotlight new 5*'s instead of new 4*'s was to sell a lot of packs to the players willing to spend the money chasing all five copies needed to fully fuse them. Stats never seemed all that relevant for the purpose of that operation.

I would imagine that the vast majority of players care more about the stats. But the majority of spenders? Probably most are happy with that one first copy to add to their collection when it comes to legendaries. But how many buy more to get to 4/5 or 5/5? And how many more do they get when the Tuesday packs are SR's? I bet DB has done some good research and operates the way they do for a reason.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this helps those of you expressing difficulty understanding the use of the word "rarity" to define the top-heavy card distribution model at work here, I'm here to help: you're looking at it wrong!

It has nothing to do with the quantity of cards at any given tier and everything to do with odds of acquiring a specific card. Buy 1,000 Basic Reward 10x packs trying to get a single copy of "Dark Ages" McCoy and let us know how many Yeoman Rands you get in the process.

Also, DB was clever with their progression as cards go from common, uncommon, rare, super rare, legendary. If this same model was applied to the color wheel it would be like saying red, orange, yellow, green, tall.

I hope it comes across that I'm being playful here.