Home The Bridge

Voyage Ship Traits... Reman?

I thought I grabbed a screen shot, but apparently it didn't snap. At least twice I've had the ship trait bonus say "Reman"... yet there are no Reman ships to give a bonus. I've been through the 57 ships thoroughly and can't find a Reman trait. Has anyone else seen this trait appear for the ship when composing your Voyage? The only Reman crew is Shinzon, and while I believe there was a Reman Warbird, it hasn't been created in STT.

Not sure if this should go in the bugs section, but it's not right to list a ship trait that doesn't exist and miss out on a possible 150 bonus Antimatter.

Comments

• The Scimitar is Reman. It was a Skirmish ship, and is due to be the Arena prize next month.
  • Thanks! Not sure how I missed that one. I don't have the ship, but i hit the i on each ship to check because it was irritating me. I updated the Wiki since it wasn't there either.
  • Another stupid question...

Andorian Battlecruiser Kumari - Why is it both Andorian and Federation? And I know this has been debated before, but if the Kumari can be both factions then why isn't the H.M.S. Bounty both Federation AND Klingon? It's a damn Bird of Prey!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Specifics notwithstanding, the "Reman" ship trait crops up far, FAR too often given that there appears to be exactly one ship with the trait which has up to now been so exclusive that I'm assuming most people either don't have it at all or have it at such a low level that even the +150 bonus doesn't overcome the base 2,500 of a 10/10 5* ship, as the break even point is rank 8/10.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another stupid question...

Andorian Battlecruiser Kumari - Why is it both Andorian and Federation? And I know this has been debated before, but if the Kumari can be both factions then why isn't the H.M.S. Bounty both Federation AND Klingon? It's a damn Bird of Prey!

Some of the 5* ships do indeed have four traits. My guess is that it’s one of those inscrutable “game balance” things, since the Kumari was blown up years before the Federation ever existed.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still get miffed every time (and too often) when the Maquis Ship trait shows up. Automatically know it will be a sad Voyage.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a great point about the Kumari. The NX-01 is also given the trait Federation, even though it predates it.

Their ship trait system is a mess.

That's a great point about the Kumari. The NX-01 is also given the trait Federation, even though it predates it.

I’m a little less grumpy about the NX-01 having Federation since there isn’t a Starfleet ship trait (which would be entirely appropriate) and the Enterprise did end up being in the Federation eventually before it was retired from service.
    Technically the HMS Bounty isn't a "Federation" ship either.

Kirk and crew commandeered it, traveled back to Earth, and sank it into the San Francisco bay. Seems like more of a rental :)

I wish they'd swap that trait with SCOUT, it would help me out.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

Yes. Ship traits need an overhaul. Some examples:

Enterprise NX-01 is United Earth, not Federation; it is also Historic
    Kumari is Andorian, not Federation (and not both)
    Enterprise-E is a Battlecruiser, Explorer, and/or War Veteran, but not a Fighter
    Discovery is not Ruthless
    Scimitar has a Cloaking Device
    ISS Defiant is a Fighter, not a Warship (like every other Defiant-class ship)
    Keldon-Class is also Obsidian Order
    HMS Bounty could arguably be a Scout and a Fighter (and not a Warship)
    Reliant is either:
    1. Federation, Battlecruiser, Explorer (under Terrell's command) OR
    2. Augment, Battlecruiser, Ruthless (under Khan's command)

Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

Yes. Ship traits need an overhaul. Some examples:

Enterprise NX-01 is United Earth, not Federation; it is also Historic
    Kumari is Andorian, not Federation (and not both)
    Enterprise-E is a Battlecruiser, Explorer, and/or War Veteran, but not a Fighter
    Discovery is not Ruthless
    Scimitar has a Cloaking Device
    ISS Defiant is a Fighter, not a Warship (like every other Defiant-class ship)
    Keldon-Class is also Obsidian Order
    HMS Bounty could arguably be a Scout and a Fighter (and not a Warship)
    Reliant is either:
    1. Federation, Battlecruiser, Explorer (under Terrell's command) OR
    2. Augment, Battlecruiser, Ruthless (under Khan's command)

Actually I would argue against the Defiant-class being a fighter. She's a warship, or even a scout.

As to the ISS Defiant in particular, I would say it's even less of a fighter, as its effectively the flagship of their entire fleet (which was previously all fighter sized ships).

The trait Ruthless is really overused, in my opinion.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing more annoying than Romulan. There are no 5* Romulan ships!
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

The Valdore.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I grabbed a screen shot, but apparently it didn't snap. At least twice I've had the ship trait bonus say "Reman"... yet there are no Reman ships to give a bonus. I've been through the 57 ships thoroughly and can't find a Reman trait. Has anyone else seen this trait appear for the ship when composing your Voyage? The only Reman crew is Shinzon, and while I believe there was a Reman Warbird, it hasn't been created in STT.

Not sure if this should go in the bugs section, but it's not right to list a ship trait that doesn't exist and miss out on a possible 150 bonus Antimatter.

The Scimitar is the Reman Warbird.

g71gvpc20eus.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

The Valdore.

Oh. Well. Still makes me mad....prolly cuz I don’t have it.

• EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they've changed what "fighter" means, in game, and it no longer means "small craft that attacks." It now must mean "a ship that fights." I only have the traits for the 5 star ships in front of me (only ones I care about) but that trait is covered by:

Orion Interceptor, Ni'Var, Xindi-Insectoid Patrol Ship, Enterprise E, Assimilated Voyager, and the ity-bity Fed Fighter.

The Interceptor and Patrol Ship are both as big as the NX-1; the E, Ni'Var and Voyager are bigger than the NX. However, they've all been involved in combat. Doesn't make it correct, but that could explain where DB is going with it.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)

The Valdore.

A lot of people do not have it. They did not fix the Skirmish Threshold Reward Table until later than that Event, to give everyone a new 1/10 of the new 5* Skirmish Ship.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no Augment, Bajoran, or Klingon-Cardassian Alliance ships in the game of any level. Seems like that's something that could be rectified:

Augment Ship Options:
    • USS Reliant (change affiliation to Augment)
    • S.S. Botany Bay
    • ENT-era Bird-of-Prey (that was commandeered by the Augments)

Bajoran Options:
    • Lightship (powered by solar sails -- would have the historic trait)
    • Interceptor
    • Antares-class freighters/transports
    • Cassidy Yates' Antares-class ship

Klingon-Cardassian Alliance Options:
    • KCA K'Vort Class
    • KCA Vor'cha Class
    • Regent Worf's Command Ship (Oversized Negh'Var Class)
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

The Valdore.

A lot of people do not have it. They did not fix the Skirmish Threshold Reward Table until later than that Event, to give everyone a new 1/10 of the new 5* Skirmish Ship.

Not that the 1/10 version is helpful anyway...in fact, it’s almost worse than not having the ship because all of the 1/10s clog up the voyage ship selection interface. Any 9/9 4* ship without a trait bonus has 50 more AM than a 1/10 5* with a trait bonus - in other words, a 1/10 5* ship is like a 5/10 4* ship. In order to get it to the threshold where it’s better than a non-bonus 5* ship, it really does need to be level 8 and that’s not going to happen without a lot of spending or waiting until a portal update or arena rewards surprise.

Waiting for the arena isn’t exactly a guaranteed thing, either - about six and a half months will have passed since its introduction when the Scimitar is available and the Xindi Patrol Ship in September’s rewards means it will have been unavailable for eight and a half months. Arena rewards are nice, however, if you have it at 1/10 - if you can stick around in the top 1% for at least three weeks or so, you can reach 8/10 without having to wait until a portal update.

It should also be said that a 1/10 5* ship is at least better than an 8/8 3* ship, so I get that newer players are probably loving the easily-obtainable 5* ships...for the rest of us who aren’t willing to buy schematics packs, it’s only good in the very long run.

The Valdore.

Not that the 1/10 version is helpful anyway...in fact, it’s almost worse than not having the ship because all of the 1/10s clog up the voyage ship selection interface. Any 9/9 4* ship without a trait bonus has 50 more AM than a 1/10 5* with a trait bonus - in other words, a 1/10 5* ship is like a 5/10 4* ship. In order to get it to the threshold where it’s better than a non-bonus 5* ship, it really does need to be level 8 and that’s not going to happen without a lot of spending or waiting until a portal update or arena rewards surprise.

Waiting for the arena isn’t exactly a guaranteed thing, either - about six and a half months will have passed since its introduction when the Scimitar is available and the Xindi Patrol Ship in September’s rewards means it will have been unavailable for eight and a half months. Arena rewards are nice, however, if you have it at 1/10 - if you can stick around in the top 1% for at least three weeks or so, you can reach 8/10 without having to wait until a portal update.

It should also be said that a 1/10 5* ship is at least better than an 8/8 3* ship, so I get that newer players are probably loving the easily-obtainable 5* ships...for the rest of us who aren’t willing to buy schematics packs, it’s only good in the very long run.

And on top of that, even getting 120 schematics per day in the arena will only get your ship to level 8. I have many ships at oh so close to level 1 and some at level 8. We need some of these schematics in the next portal update

PenguinJim wrote: »
    The trait Ruthless is really overused, in my opinion.

Not necessarily. How likely is it that these ships have a crew member called Ruth?

You win the internet today, please commence your victory lap.
    95% certain "Ruth" is Klingon for janitor.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    95% certain "Ruth" is Klingon for janitor.

Ruth is a dragon on Pern.

iq3wblauo3ef.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got a big print of that framed.

The Valdore.

Full disclosure: I was not addressing the utility or lack thereof at Level One. Just pointing out that the Scimitar was a Skirmish Threshold Reward, back before they adjusted the Threshold Drops to complete one. :D

The Valdore.

Full disclosure: I was not addressing the utility or lack thereof at Level One. Just pointing out that the Scimitar was a Skirmish Threshold Reward, back before they adjusted the Threshold Drops to complete one. :D

And that is pretty exciting, even if I only top it out at level 7, since I would be shocked if it wasn’t included in the portal update. Same goes for the Xindi Patrol Ship in September.