Home The Bridge

New Faction? or a glitch

Had this happen in my shuttle bay just now
74a177ejrvy5.png

aaaaaand then got a never ending "Hailing Starfleet" - logged out and shuttlebay was back to 'normal'

ce2oclcmge0y.png
Just wondered if this has happened to others as a glitch or was it a DB slip up and a new faction is on the way?

Comments

• Happens most times after faction event, the ghost faction lol. Long story short there isnt a new faction ;)
  • Happens most times after faction event, the ghost faction lol. Long story short there isnt a new faction ;)

thanks, only been playing a year, never had it happen before, so didn't know what to think !
    Cheers for the information, appreciated

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually our first clue there really is a new Faction coming is when their Transmissions show under the tab to get an Item, and it will say Locked. Borg did that, because the Borg drop stuff from every Faction......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe there should be a stickie, announcement post at the top of The Bridge titled: "Yes, there is a blank faction there; yes, it's normal; no, it doesn't mean there's a new faction." :D
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    9lqbnu82t4os.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping the new Borg Faction would have resolved this, but alas, my expectations were too high.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worry not @Adam BSR, I was you like 6 months ago, it gets better :)
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an aside, I'm curious to see if either the forthcoming Picard series or Disco S3 introduce anything new that might merit being added as a faction.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an aside, I'm curious to see if either the forthcoming Picard series or Disco S3 introduce anything new that might merit being added as a faction.

I think we could have some sort of A.I. faction named Control. It could encompass all artificial intelligences in all the series.
    Let’s fly!
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

I think we could have some sort of A.I. faction named Control. It could encompass all artificial intelligences in all the series.

Not sure that really merits a faction, per se, but it does seem like a reasonable trait to add. I think everyone presently in the game who would qualify for it is an Android and has that trait, but there are potentially others who would be A.I. without being Androids. Nomad comes to mind.
  • Just to clue you in: It's the place holder DB uses to keep track of VP values for the faction events.
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein