Home The Bridge

What are your favorite locations in Timelines?

FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
I have several, but my current favorite is Algus in the Terra Nova system:
gtt7dg9xffy9.png
The pic doesn't do it justice, the ship lands in front of the planet ring with orbiting debris. (Makes it look like the ship is in motion)
Intentionally Left Blank

Comments

• Going to bajoran system, then travel to “traveling ship” it takes you to the wormhole which opens and closes at random while you sit there.
    1hzgt78i8qqf.jpeg
    ldaleqgssaz7.jpeg
    tjmsocu2bknj.jpeg
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to bajoran system, then travel to “traveling ship” it takes you to the wormhole which opens and closes at random while you sit there.
    1hzgt78i8qqf.jpeg
    ldaleqgssaz7.jpeg
    tjmsocu2bknj.jpeg

One of my favorite places too
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I park my Andorian Battlecruiser in orbit of Weytahn.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't pay much attention to it anymore.
  • The anomaly I always thought looked awesome!!!
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Cryonics Satellite at Arloff. Looks just like the episode of TNG, although I imagine it was smaller than a starship in the episode.

q08a2sn11cfj.jpeg
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryonics Satellite at Arloff. Looks just like the episode of TNG, although I imagine it was smaller than a starship in the episode.

q08a2sn11cfj.jpeg

How's this for scale?

1q2n2juvsti0.jpg
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really dig DS9 and the Traveling Ship (for the Wormhole), but two of my other faves not already mentioned:

l7b70vj70t7x.jpg
    accnkv95oc0r.jpg
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mentioned Q'Vat in the N'var system before, the shimmering silver and blue against the other colors is a delightful distraction in ship battles.
    zxc86qrymdit.png
    Dont know why my Valdore's nacelles are yellow, but that is cool too!
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread makes me wish I had a favorite map location.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    This thread makes me wish I had a favorite map location.

I hope it makes people take some time and explore. The art in this game is quite visionary.
    I studied Astronomy at the University of Arizona and wanted to specialize in Nebulae. I think that is part of my interest in the spaceground.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    68svqqs3fl3h.jpg

Currently parked at Cold Station 12.
    OK, I lied, I do have a favorite location, but not for the location itself, but because you can clearly see a face in the surrounding space when you launch a space battle from it.

7jmicdkrgp39.png
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back Seat of my car....

no wait....

nvm....

not that kind of location, carry on peoples.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    OK, I lied, I do have a favorite location, but not for the location itself, but because you can clearly see a face in the surrounding space when you launch a space battle from it.

7jmicdkrgp39.png

That looks like Vega's mask from Street Fighter 2. Where is that?

7jmicdkrgp39.png

That looks like Vega's mask from Street Fighter 2. Where is that?

To me, it has always looked like Peter Criss from KISS. I always run all my skirmishes from here to give me something interesting to look at.

As to the location, it is Gralik, in the Xindus system.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cytheria is my favorite
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    DS9 is the best for space battles...the station from different angles, the wormhole opening and closing, and all the near-misses with the civilian ships make space battles much more entertaining
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Algus and Cold Station 12 are probably my favorites. They both have a good mix of features, and nice lighting.

Marr is another common haunt. It appears to be a brown dwarf, which I enjoy, or perhaps a super-Jovian planet. It also has better lighting for ships with warm tones.

Galorndon Core is pretty dramatic, but it's a pain to get to since you can't travel there through the map, just missions. (Are there other planets like this in the game?)

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hasedoki wrote: »
    Algus and Cold Station 12 are probably my favorites. They both have a good mix of features, and nice lighting.

Marr is another common haunt. It appears to be a brown dwarf, which I enjoy, or perhaps a super-Jovian planet. It also has better lighting for ships with warm tones.

Galorndon Core is pretty dramatic, but it's a pain to get to since you can't travel there through the map, just missions. (Are there other planets like this in the game?)

aatvni23r6zt.png

Been awhile since I have been to Galorndon Core. Thanks for the reminder!

(Yadala Prime, same system, is also not on the map and mission only)
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    Hasedoki wrote: »
    aatvni23r6zt.png

Been awhile since I have been to Galorndon Core. Thanks for the reminder!

(Yadala Prime, same system, is also not on the map and mission only)

Huh. I never realized there were locations that weren't accessible via the Galaxy Map.

From the Wiki, here's how to get to Galorndon Core:

Missions Involved
    • Away Team [E7-M10] Trust Issues
    • Space Battle [E7-M11] Hounded
    • Away Team [E7-M12] Lost Legacy

And Yadalla Prime:

Missions Involved
    • Away Team [E7-M4] The Raptor's Fury

I too, would be very interested in any others that people know of, if there are indeed any others.

As far as other places where I like to park my ship — which I make an effort to specifically do mainly during Skirmish events, in order to have a more interesting background to look at during all those space battles — I quite enjoy the following:
    • The Trill system for its reddish hues
    • The Plasma Storm in the Badlands
    • The Vulcan system for its soothing browns
    • The colorful Anomaly in the Quirinus system
    • The cool blues of the Feringinar system
    • The purples and greens of Xindus

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Capt. Pete OwenCapt. Pete Owen ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    My ship is actually the Enterprise E, but if you pan around at the Mars shipyards you’ll find an Intrepid class being retrofitted.
    This is my favourite location
    r1c57fgnwh3h.gif
    Joined game 6th March 2016
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    You can find me on Deep Space Nine.
    XicNcg9.png
  • Capt. Pete OwenCapt. Pete Owen ✭✭✭✭
    My ship is actually the Enterprise E, but if you pan around at the Mars shipyards you’ll find an Intrepid class being retrofitted.
    This is my favourite location
    r1c57fgnwh3h.gif

15jj9eej4s7h.gif
    Joined game 6th March 2016
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    These days I have been slumming around Hupyria, I quite like how the Breen warship looks in this light
    n7q0tdreq56k.png
    Intentionally Left Blank
    You appear to have mail.