Home The Bridge

4th campaign - what do you hope for?

MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
Probably tomorrow we will be informed what the next Campaign characters will be. So today is the last opportunity to still hope and wish for something. After Picard obviously people hope for someone new and shiny instead of old Mega stuff. I expect this to be fulfilled. But what else?

I personally hope for a SCI primary, some MED in the secondary or tertiary would make it perfect. Cheesecake Seven would of course be perfect but this will most likely not happen, even if they were to test how Campaign sales go with a brand new char.

What do you wish for?
Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

Comments

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    They might try a new unreleased character, it's something they haven't tried yet, could even be Doctor Seven - I should think that would bump up sales of premium track.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no opinion on the next campaign, but there is no way DB is announcing it on July 4th. There office will be closed. I wouldn't expect any news before Monday at the earliest.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I have no opinion on the next campaign, but there is no way DB is announcing it on July 4th. There office will be closed. I wouldn't expect any news before Monday at the earliest.
    Right! I always forget about this, thanks for the reminder.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

You may be right, although events run on weekends and they start on schedule regardless of holidays, tuesday packs are always on tuesdays, etc. That being said I could see the campaign announcement scheduling being less rigid in timing than these things. They could always automate the announcement or have an international staff post it.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was announced on a Thursday last time, so we could get the news tomorrow.

With @SunshineRiker gone, maybe DB will delve into Enterprise? I would love Humbled or Imprinted Archer for the five star.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I would be pleased with any of my 1/5*s getting the campaign treatment. Although it might a little heavy on VOY crew after the mega we just finished, perhaps Katrine and GI Chakotay? Otherwise, Detective Data and Doctor La Forge would be a nice pair.
  • NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    Thinking logically - we've just had TNG, we had Discovery and we had TOS/Disco with Spock.

If they're doing it by show in the first instance, then it's one of the other 3. It's probably not going to be Enterprise, and we've just had a VERY Voyager heavy month.

My prediction is we get Enemy Lines Sisko (or an older Sisko 5*, Benny Russell?).
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've had a Spock and a Picard, pretty popular main cast so far. Since we just had Janeway in a mega, maybe a Sisko, Kirk or Dax variant? Honeybare, Solar Sails Sisko, Survivalist Kirk?
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I would be pleased with any of my 1/5*s getting the campaign treatment. Although it might a little heavy on VOY crew after the mega we just finished, perhaps Katrine and GI Chakotay? Otherwise, Detective Data and Doctor La Forge would be a nice pair.

I would also be happy with any of my 1/5's. Detective Data and Dr. La Forge would be fun, but not one of my 1/5's. Maybe Kal-if-fee Kirk and Kal-if-fee Spock? Not strong cards, but kind of fun.
    Farewell 🖖
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope for anything that I have at 1 out of 5 stars. I fear imprinted Archer since I just added 3 citations to him.
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d be happy with any of my 1/5 as well. I didn’t participate this cycle so my $10 is burning a hole in my pocket.

Maybe something to do with Archer or Culber? My Culber is 2/5 and I have Humbled Archer at 2/5. Maybe even an Age of Sail campaign, AoS Crusher and Lady Beverly (or any other Crusher 4*).
  • Tosk campaign
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh F###, I completely forgot about this timing. If Honey Bare turns out to be the one, I'll be crying. I've added 3 citations to her over the past few months, including today, because I was tired of never seeing her in a behold since her event (and she's pretty useful). Sure, just like Gunshow, I'd build a second copy, but it would still be a bit of a downer for me.

Now, Enemy Lines Sisko or Solar Sails Sisko - those would make me happy. Alt Future Dax or Zhian'tara Odo would be great too. (What is wrong with me - I'm a TOS guy advocating for a bunch of DS9 crew?)
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably tomorrow we will be informed what the next Campaign characters will be. So today is the last opportunity to still hope and wish for something. After Picard obviously people hope for someone new and shiny instead of old Mega stuff. I expect this to be fulfilled. But what else?

I personally hope for a SCI primary, some MED in the secondary or tertiary would make it perfect. Cheesecake Seven would of course be perfect but this will most likely not happen, even if they were to test how Campaign sales go with a brand new char.

What do you wish for?

A new 5* would probably be better for sales than another Mega character. Who would I like to see? Tough call. Can't think of anyone I would like to see added, that might be likely. If they make a new 5* for someone who does not have one, would most likely be someone who has at least one 4*. Leeta is kind of under represented. Even though my Mirror Leeta is FF, a new 5* Leeta that represented something worthy of 5* would be cool, with the Mirror Leeta on the free Track. Maybe Union Leader Leeta? Would be kind of neat, I think.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    They might try a new unreleased character, it's something they haven't tried yet, could even be Doctor Seven - I should think that would bump up sales of premium track.

Cheesecake Seven for the Premium track would drive sales, for sure. Might make more off him/her that way, than in a Tuesday Pack, even.

Maybe Cheesecake Seven 5* Premium Track, and Tsunkatse Seven for the 4* on Free Track. Or Drone Seven, or Temporal Seven.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    NS111111 wrote: »
    Thinking logically - we've just had TNG, we had Discovery and we had TOS/Disco with Spock.

If they're doing it by show in the first instance, then it's one of the other 3. It's probably not going to be Enterprise, and we've just had a VERY Voyager heavy month.

My prediction is we get Enemy Lines Sisko (or an older Sisko 5*, Benny Russell?).

Benny would be a top pick for me!
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."

I would also be happy with any of my 1/5's. Detective Data and Dr. La Forge would be fun, but not one of my 1/5's. Maybe Kal-if-fee Kirk and Kal-if-fee Spock? Not strong cards, but kind of fun.

My Kal-if-fee Kirk is also at 1/5* and I would never waste citations on him as weak as he is (3146 voyage score w/o bonuses). $10 for an immortal Kirk variant, a 5* citation, and all that other stuff would be worth it for me.

Another possibility that occurred to me for a crew that has a good skill mix without being too terribly weak would be The One, Lore (plus Prospero or Friar Tuck Data). He is weaker on voyages than any of the others but has a rarer skill combo (COM/ENG/SCI). Another COM/ENG option would be AoS Riker, backed up by AoS La Forge (or perhaps a new 4* AoS Worf), who has a better voyage score at the cost of a less-interesting tertiary.

Of course, either of those options would be COM-primary like two of the three existing Campaign legendary crew. Trelane with a 4* Kirk or perhaps a 4* TOS villain would be a slightly weaker but interesting choice. Bashir, Julian Bashir and perhaps a 4* Sisko would help mix things up, skill-wise. Enabran Tain plus a new 4* Garak would be nice (since Mirror Garak is wayyy overdone). Ushaan Shran is a little on the weak side but would be fun to pair up with a 4* Archer. Although Mirror Kira is a bit close to Leland (same skill order), she’d be fun as well.
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I’d be happy with an Archer/T’Pol set, or Sisko/Kira. I’d also like Lwaxana/Deanna so I can finish my Ambassador Troi. I suspect RAF Obrien/Bashir could happen sooner or later, since I recently spent 150K honor on Obrien. Summer theme, Tourist Tucker and Reed, or Quark. Freedom Fighters Enemy lines Ben and Kassidy would be sweet.

Or, ideally, how about Governor and Colonel Worf? Call it past and future or something. Save a lot of us a ton of honor.
    Torias327 wrote: »
    I’d be happy with an Archer/T’Pol set, or Sisko/Kira. I’d also like Lwaxana/Deanna so I can finish my Ambassador Troi. I suspect RAF Obrien/Bashir could happen sooner or later, since I recently spent 150K honor on Obrien. Summer theme, Tourist Tucker and Reed, or Quark. Freedom Fighters Enemy lines Ben and Kassidy would be sweet.

Or, ideally, how about Governor and Colonel Worf? Call it past and future or something. Save a lot of us a ton of honor.

I thought about a Worf-themed campaign but so many of his 5* variants are two-skillers, and I have a feeling people might warm up their torches and pitchforks for a two-skill character. As new as Governor Worf is, he’d be a possibility as would Niners Worf. I would be personally quite pleased if Ambassador K’Ehleyr was the 4*, as she is by far the oldest non-5* character I have that isn’t yet immortal.
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I will just say the choice greatly exceeded my expectations. High Roller Sisko is a SUPERB card. Thanks DB!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    dang, part of me is glad I stopped citing high roller but part of me is sad that I started citing him in the first place. Oh well I guess I get Ezri off the books as well and I can start a dupe of Sisko well that's a no brainer as well.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I will just say the choice greatly exceeded my expectations. High Roller Sisko is a SUPERB card. Thanks DB!
    Highest base security in the game. He also has "gambler" trait which is very useful in voyages. Sadly he does not have "costumed" trait which I think he should. This is a much better selection DB than last time. Here is what he looks like with starbase and cryo collection bonuses.

7lbyny40ocnm.png

Let’s fly!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sin City is a bit of a theme stretch, but my 1/5 High Roller Sisko is very excited by this.

A nice rebound after the Mirror Picard miss!
  • NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    High roller Sisko is an insane card.

Have felt a bit flat this month with the dukes of Picard in the bin, this more than makes up for it!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I immortalized High Roller Sisko the week I got him. He is a powerhouse. I would have preferred a card I didn't have, but two of him would be as good as two Gun Show Picard.
    Ezri is FF. No pressure next Campaign to get to even Tier 20.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any Sisko is a good Sisko, but this is a REALLY good Sisko.
  • Nice. My Sisko is at 4/5 so I’ll get to finish him. Then I’ll be left with a second 3/5 copy though
  • Neos472Neos472 ✭✭✭
    i do not have this Sisko and i might invest into grabbin him cause he is absurdly high in SEC
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I'll be "that guy"... Do we really need more SEC? We got Thrax, Kol, and Janeway from mega events recently. We got Leland and MJLP from recent campains (not counting Durango Troi since we just got one copy). Sure MJLP and Janeway are SECondary, but still... Lots of SEC, now with Sisko thrown on top.

I'll still get Sisko, but will I freeze one of the others now?
    Farewell 🖖