Home The Bridge

Same Account, Different Devices?

I just picked up a Samsung Android tablet and was wondering... is it possible to log into the same Timelines account from two distinct devices? Not at the same time, of course!

I have no desire to play two different Timelines accounts; one is quite enough, thank you very much. But my eyes are not what they once were (I was born right about when Star Trek was first airing) and would like to play on my tablet's larger screen. The tablet is much too large to stick in a pocket, though, so I would like to still be able to access my Timelines account via my phone when I'm not at home.

Can this be done, and if so, How? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Comments

• Yes. It can be done. First thing is to know your DBID #, then enter that on new device. I dont have android, so no details on that. I have multiple ios devices and kindle fire. All logged in with same acct. at seperate times. Of course, lol
  • Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
    Okay. I do know my DBID#, since I did a screenshot of the opening screen way back just in case I ever needed a reference.

Since you don't have Android experience, though, I'll probably wait until after the event to try that; I really don't want to mess up my attempt to get Wrathful Kirk.

Thank you!

Anyone with Android experience care to chime in?
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely possible, as long us you know your login information. No need for the DB ID.

IIRC, the first time you open the app it will automatically start a brand new account, but you can then go into settings and switch to your existing account.
    Which login info? Google Play? It's been over 3 years since I started playing and I don't recall anything about the account creation process.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your Play Account is the same Email as the email associated with your Timelines game, it should log in automatically. But, I would still say wait until you are done with the Event to try, just in case.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    I think it is; like I said, it's been a while.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do it all the time between my phone and chromebook.

The one thing to be careful about is the ad notifications are device specific, but the ad rewards are done on the service side. So your device may show you can ad warp a mission or do a dabo spin, but then after watching the ad you will be told ad view limit exceeded. Then that device will use its own timer and you'd need to go back to your first device to watch the ad on the original schedule. But as long as you track your ad uses on your own, you should be fine.
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    I think it is; like I said, it's been a while.

In the menu click on settings & u will see the switch accts option. All u need is your email & password.

In case u can't recall them, I believe if u send a ticket via in-game option (in menu 'contact support') u should receive an acknowledging email, that is the account u use to switch between devices. Hopefully the email address wiil jog your memory on password, or u can reset it.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I use my phone for the ad warps, but primarily play on my laptop unless I'm out and about and just need to send out shuttles. Works out handily!
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen it mentioned on a quick scan read - its absolutely possible, but be careful to restart the app when you switch devices, otherwise you can get stale information and irregularities.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grab a screenshot when the DBID pops up, and save the image to a jump drive or something if you are going to be using various computers, and you always have your DBID......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Thanks, guys! Once the event is over, I'll give it a whirl!
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grab a screenshot when the DBID pops up, and save the image to a jump drive or something if you are going to be using various computers, and you always have your DBID......

You don't even have to do that. Just go to the Account page here on the forum while signed in.

smzs6lhkax66.jpg

Unfortunately I had to contact support. I didn't see anywhere to use the DBID to link to an account, only email and password. The email and password I use here on the forums is not the same as I used for my game, and it's been so long I couldn't remember what I did use. Thanks for the advice, though!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I had to contact support. I didn't see anywhere to use the DBID to link to an account, only email and password. The email and password I use here on the forums is not the same as I used for my game, and it's been so long I couldn't remember what I did use. Thanks for the advice, though!

If your account is properly registered with either an email address/password or connected to your FB profile, you can see the relevant information in settings.

You will see either logged in as : email address or name of FB profile.

tm730dr2tpp9.png
  • I had a similar issue, and support wasn't any help. I'd like to be able to play the same account on both Steam and my Android, but I created my mobile account first and apparently I wasn't logged in under anything, so now when I attempt to sync the games, it wants the logged-in version to take over which would punt my account back to level 1, basically. I emailed support a detailed explanation and they came back with "Log in and switch your accounts". Thanks, but no. There should be a way to import my progress to my account. For now I'll just not use Steam and continue playing not-logged-in.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foosball wrote: »
    I had a similar issue, and support wasn't any help. I'd like to be able to play the same account on both Steam and my Android, but I created my mobile account first and apparently I wasn't logged in under anything, so now when I attempt to sync the games, it wants the logged-in version to take over which would punt my account back to level 1, basically. I emailed support a detailed explanation and they came back with "Log in and switch your accounts". Thanks, but no. There should be a way to import my progress to my account. For now I'll just not use Steam and continue playing not-logged-in.

Your STT account is registered with your Facebook profile, you should be able to play that same account on any devices/platform with those credentials. This article should help, let me know if that is not the case: https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/216746497-How-do-I-play-Star-Trek-Timelines-on-multiple-devices-or-Facebook-
    Turns out I registered with Facebook way back when. Thanks, Shan! Thanks, everyone! I have successfully logged in on both devices now!