Home The Bridge

Nomad in the vault

wgzm8zb84177.jpeg
I know some of you have wanted him.

Comments

• Some combination of ENG, SEC, SCI
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted him, but not really willing to try Tuesday pack to get him.
    Farewell 🖖
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I'm tempted, really tempted, but saving up my dilithium for a future Elusive Treasures offer.
  • So @Nomad (FADM:Patterns of Force) did you end up pulling nomad?
  • That’s fantastic
  • Dingbat1Dingbat1 ✭✭✭
    There are only 10 other Eng/Sec/Sci legendaries, and only two in the same order.
    For voyages, Nomad beats them all (#29 overall, #9 Science)
    Add to that the #4 Sci Base and the #6 Sec/Sci shuttle pair, and you've got a pretty decent crew member. Which is good, because Nomad is a shuttle and arena non-starter.

The most recent comparison is Survivalist Kirk, who has the same skills in the same order, and is #7 for science but #62 overall for voyages, has the 29th spot for base science score and a paltry shared #50 for Sec/Sci shuttles - but two ranked pairs in Gauntlet (#4 for eng/sci, #11 sec/sci) and regular event work.

Or, you can compare to the older Mirror Zephran Cochran and Protomorphosis Barclay, both of which are devoid of event work, and equally useless at gauntlet or the arena. Well, Nomad has higher scores for both primary and secondary skills the total voyage score beats Barclay by 85 points, and Cochran by nearly 200 points

Unless you've already got the crew listed above with multiple stars, Nomad is guaranteed to find a way onto your voyages often enough for the foreseeable future..... or maybe Disruptor Beam will give Sci/Eng the Sci/Sec treatment and introduce half a dozen new crew in Auguest?
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the TOS theme, but... I won't do Tuesday packs during a slot sale.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dingbat1 wrote: »
    There are only 10 other Eng/Sec/Sci legendaries, and only two in the same order.
    For voyages, Nomad beats them all (#29 overall, #9 Science)
    Add to that the #4 Sci Base and the #6 Sec/Sci shuttle pair, and you've got a pretty decent crew member. Which is good, because Nomad is a shuttle and arena non-starter.

The most recent comparison is Survivalist Kirk, who has the same skills in the same order, and is #7 for science but #62 overall for voyages, has the 29th spot for base science score and a paltry shared #50 for Sec/Sci shuttles - but two ranked pairs in Gauntlet (#4 for eng/sci, #11 sec/sci) and regular event work.

Or, you can compare to the older Mirror Zephran Cochran and Protomorphosis Barclay, both of which are devoid of event work, and equally useless at gauntlet or the arena. Well, Nomad has higher scores for both primary and secondary skills the total voyage score beats Barclay by 85 points, and Cochran by nearly 200 points

Unless you've already got the crew listed above with multiple stars, Nomad is guaranteed to find a way onto your voyages often enough for the foreseeable future..... or maybe Disruptor Beam will give Sci/Eng the Sci/Sec treatment and introduce half a dozen new crew in Auguest?

This post mirrors my thinking - I have both Mirror Cochrane and Protomorphosis Barclay immortalized (plus a 3/5* Survivalist Kirk, a 2/5* Resilient Tuvok, and a litany of other good crew with at least two of these skills), and ENG/SCI overall is right up there with COM/DIP and COM/SEC as a great voyage pair. As much as I adore the TOS love and as solid as Nomad is, I can’t justify playing Tuesday Pack Roulette for a relatively minor improvement in an already very strong skill combo for my crew. For other people with the cash to burn and a hole in their crews, Nomad is a good choice.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm tempted, really tempted, but saving up my dilithium for a future Elusive Treasures offer.

Guessing since there will be a major portal update next month, and Elusive Treasures offer may be a few months away.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance he has a sound clip? I'd go for him if he did, but it doesn't seem like something DB do so often anymore.
  • Star Trek 11...The Wrath of Nomad

mwrtucvpx6en.png

Nice
  • I’m also going for the Wrath of Khan theme. 6es8gzr0oqwm.png
  • even the clicky noises would be fun
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Nomad. Now I'm mad. This must be an Errr-ROR!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • No STT character has ever called for over-sized Googly Eyes the way Nomad does.

hvugw4fyt77c.png

Yer a monster, Riker
  • SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    No STT character has ever called for over-sized Googly Eyes the way Nomad does.

hvugw4fyt77c.png

Yer a monster, Riker

fu568yc0zb5j.png