Home The Bridge

Lt Commander La Forge and the Non-Canonical 'Stache

It's been three years and this one still throws me off.

cjkw4lel4w37.jpg

Comments

• MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't he have one in Insurrection?
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point, well made
    But looking for pics, I can't find one out of uniform....
    qmtw6xul0uxw.jpg
    His pips match his rank, but a full beard thing going down there. Does the avatar have a full beard? I can't quite tell.

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weak stats of that card are equally depressing. Leveled him up, haven't seen him since.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, but he was clean shaven in First Contact, where he wore this outfit.
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    Good point, well made
    But looking for pics, I can't find one out of uniform....
    qmtw6xul0uxw.jpg
    His pips match his rank, but a full beard thing going down there. Does the avatar have a full beard? I can't quite tell

Here's the avatar:

e6iu3xt3jnhq.jpg
  • It's been three years and this one still throws me off.

cjkw4lel4w37.jpg

I pointed this out years ago on the old forum. Alas, it’s something that in the overall scheme of things, doesn’t matter really. In all likelihood, the artist got his Geordis from different movies mixed up and ended up with a combo. He’s suppose to be First Contact Geordi and is in every way, except he has the Insurrection facial hair, lol. Oh well. Can’t win them all.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me he looks more like Geordi from "All Good Things". Even the position of hands.
    c5g3yj4egy9f.jpg
    436wgpf2v9ca.jpg
    ka1zkpayy2ht.jpg
    g55mtfpmh6jd.jpg

PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    He seems to be an amalgamation of all of these slightly different versions of Geordi, because the clothes, facial hair, and eye color are all never identical to any of the shared photos. That seems like a really cool way the artist tied them all together :)
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess that makes him a DB original. <Ducks>
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really too tired when I started this thread and I can prove it because if I had been entirely awake, I would have written something like, "Lt Commander La Forge has facial hair..." [insert screenshot of STT crew member], "...which he did not in the movie. But you don't have to take my word for it." [insert pic from movie]. Sorry, y'all. I let myself down with this one, too.
  • MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    It's been a great distraction though.
  • pancakeblockpancakeblock ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    well look at mirror t'pol. she should be wearing the "abs" uniform, not the blue starfleet dress.

DB likes their artistic liberties
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awwww man i thought you guys meant we would finally get THIS geordi

9c11c51f4f34911b81aa29cebac75cd1.jpg
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awwww man i thought you guys meant we would finally get THIS geordi

9c11c51f4f34911b81aa29cebac75cd1.jpg

Hmmm...this could be used to make a semi-canon 1* Cadet Geordi La Forge for sale in the honor hall, much like how we got Stargazer Picard. I’d blow 1500 honor to add to my collection of Geordis.