Home The Bridge
Options

Voyages - use of Revival Tokens

Hi all,

I am saving up Revival Tokens since some months and actually I am sitting on 22 . Now I am thinking over to soon start a long ride to get to the 3rd part of Champions of the People since I am still missing Worf and Picard.
There are actually 36 dilemmas and you can make the first 5 without revivals. So you would need 31 tokens to get to the end without dil.
But what about the 2-parters or the 3-parter I dont need. If I take the wrong choice on purpose will I never get the second part? That would be another 5 dilemmas less to play so I would only need 26 tokens to come through without dil?
Someone out there who knows the answer? Can you get the second part when you take the wrong answer in the first part?

Comments

• Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, if you make the wrong choice in 2 parters, it stops the second part from occurring.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did this myself.

Some other points to consider, over a long voyage the AM you earn on each refill is more important than your skill stats since they are failing anyway. You're better off trying to push your initial AM to 2900+ than try to maximize your skills and initial length. At 2900 you're getting 130 min/ refill so you make a little more than 1 dilemma each. But on the other hand, I doubt you will get 2900 and reach 10 hours before your first token. You should plan to use for first token at 8-9 hours and then get 130 min each refill.
  • Options
    Right, I was planning to wait for a voyage where I can start with at least 2900 and hopefully can get to 9:30 or even more. After the math with 130min/refill I could get 26 dilemmas with 24 tokens.
    To be safe let us say 25 tokens to get to the 31 dilemmas I need.

Sounds like I can soon start a run.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Edited to deleted the comment, didn't catch the part about skipping 5 of the dilemmas from 2 part choices.
  • Options
    ChaoticDNAChaoticDNA ✭✭✭
    Yep, if you make the wrong choice in 2 parters, it stops the second part from occurring.

I've had part 2 of the Vedek dilemma come up even though I didn't choose the correct first part. The 3rd option (which drops the Voyage only crew) wasn't available as I took the "Let him speak" instead of "Debate" option. Pretty sure it came up when I chose the "Reassure the crowd".

I don't think I've seen the other 2 parters come up when I choose the wrong one, but I don't have Thot Gor FF yet so I can't speak to that dilemma. The rest of the 2 part dilemma crew I have FF/FE already.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    The vedek dilemma isn't technically a part 1/part 2 dilemma.

If the dilemma is called ___, part 1, then you can block the future parts from appearing.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also really optimize by waiting to hit at least one of the dilemma 1st parts before you start
  • Options
    I haven't tried the marathon voyage myself but I know some players who have attempted it only to have their voyages get "stuck". I would take a screenshot after every dilemma and revival to ensure you get appropriate compensation from customer service in the event that you run into some problem.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    You cannot stop the two parter for the Clown.
    But the other three two parters can be stopped from coming up.

@Aldude
    I see from your post what is happening on that one.
    As, you said, the two have different names, so it is not named as a two parter.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I just did this myself.

Some other points to consider, over a long voyage the AM you earn on each refill is more important than your skill stats since they are failing anyway. You're better off trying to push your initial AM to 2900+ than try to maximize your skills and initial length. At 2900 you're getting 130 min/ refill so you make a little more than 1 dilemma each. But on the other hand, I doubt you will get 2900 and reach 10 hours before your first token. You should plan to use for first token at 8-9 hours and then get 130 min each refill.

Started now with 2950 AM and it should go to 9:30, with 12k in both top skills and 44k in all skills together.

I have 24 tokens and will skip all 2-parters and 1 3-parter. So maybe I can find Picard or Worf out there some place.....
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I just did this myself.

Started now with 2950 AM and it should go to 9:30, with 12k in both top skills and 44k in all skills together.

I have 24 tokens and will skip all 2-parters and 1 3-parter. So maybe I can find Picard or Worf out there some place.....

Unfortunately Picard and Worf are the reward for the same dilemma - you can choose one but you will not get both on one run through.

Good luck on getting the one. Hopefully it comes up early on so that you can recall and start saving the tokens again. ☺
  • Options
    Reached 27 hours now, had a perfect start and used my first token at 10:19, the 7th token ended at 26:31. That means each token gives in average 138 minutes of voyagetime ( 2950 AM ) , thats really nice too. I have to reach 62 hours for to get 31 dilemmas , so with another 16 tokens I should come there.

The dilemma I am waiting for are the 3 parts of Champion of the people, I got part 1 at 14 hours, hopefully part 2 comes soon too. But I know my luck and think I will go all the way to dilemma 31.
    The outcome is average so far, got 5 4* , 2 3* , 11 2* and 1 1* , 710 honor and 2155 chrons + a lot of stuff.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reached 27 hours now, had a perfect start and used my first token at 10:19, the 7th token ended at 26:31. That means each token gives in average 138 minutes of voyagetime ( 2950 AM ) , thats really nice too. I have to reach 62 hours for to get 31 dilemmas , so with another 16 tokens I should come there.

The dilemma I am waiting for are the 3 parts of Champion of the people, I got part 1 at 14 hours, hopefully part 2 comes soon too. But I know my luck and think I will go all the way to dilemma 31.
    The outcome is average so far, got 5 4* , 2 3* , 11 2* and 1 1* , 710 honor and 2155 chrons + a lot of stuff.

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the rest of the story. . .
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    i did this few months ago, and as i was missing 3 voyages only crew, mccoy, picard and colonel worf, got 2 of them as picard and worf are in same dilemma. i choosed wrong answers on those dilemmas, where i didnt want part 2. this was my journey

2h Champion of the People, Part 1 (choice a)
    4h Next Stop, Absolution (choise b)
    6h Profit in the Wind (choise a)
    8h Sticks and Stones (choise c)
    10h Where Earth Meets Sky (choise a)
    12h Class Act (choise b)
    14h Ladders and Chains (chooise b)
    16h Blood-Red Tide (choise b)
    18h The Greater Need (choise a)
    20h Cracks in the Wall (choise c)
    22h By Our Own Hands (choise b)
    24h True to the Uniform (choice a)
    26h Champion of the People, Part 2 (choice b)
    28h The Cost of Living (choice c)
    30h A Life Alone, Part 1 (choise b)
    32h the buried years (choise a)
    34h Burden of Proof (Choise b)¨
    36h Champion of the People, Part 3 (choise b)
    38h Interference, Part 1 (choise c)
    40h Winter's Price (choise a)
    42h First Author (choise b)
    44h Blow by Blow (choise b)
    46h Retrofit (choise a)
    48h The Beginning of the End of the World (choise c)
    50h Outstretched Talons (choise c)
    52h Friends in Need (choise c)
    54h Off the Books, Part 1 (Choise b)
    56h A Higher Duty, Part 1 (choise A)
    58h The Tools at Hand (choise b)
    60h A Higher Duty, Part 2 (choise b)
    62h A Higher Duty, Part 3 (Choise b)

Champion of the people was done in with 2h, 26h and 36 dilemmas , BUT good god, it milked my tokens to get mccoy, as it basicly come when there was no other dilemmas left, 56th, 60th and 62th dilemma.

loots:
    13x 4*,
    8x 3*,
    16x 2*,

2009 honor
    4568 Chronitons

918 5* training
    68 4* training
    46 3* training
    354000 federation credits
    195 4* replication
    12 3* raplication

• Options
    Good to see that there are some other people who do the same , because the have the same problems to get the voyage only crew. Looks awful that you got "A higher duty" at the bitter end.

I am now at 46 hours, got the second part of Champions of the people at 42 hours. Maybe I am lucky and will get the third part a little bit before the end. Got the first part for Higher Duty right behind at 44 hours. Lucky me has Guinan and McCoy already, so I went for choice C and hope that stopped part 2 from appearing.

So far I got 10 4* , 4 3* , 15 2* , 1419 honor and 3605 chronitons. So I think I will end raoundabout where you ended.

Interesting to see that I travel still 2:18 on one token ( 2950AM ).
  • Options
    No early end in this run, had to go all the way to 60 hours to get the 3rd part of "Champions of the people". The only dilemma left that i did not play is "Friends in Need".

Used 22 tokens for to find Worf and got the 3rd star for the Joker at 56 hours. The important loot was:

14 x 4*crew + Worf + The Joker
    6 x 3* crew
    17 x 2* crew
    1 x 1* crew

1819 honor
    4665 chrons

1200 5* ship shemes
    162 4* replications
    5 5*replications

and a lot of more stuff

This was the crew that found Worf on a god damned asteroid close to the border of an unknown area......

henojiaz0w6b.png
    layjlt2wmhdu.png
    2w98ardxuswi.png