Home The Bridge
Options

Disappearing citations

Hey guys. Last month I was wondering if the legendary citation from the campaign just disappeared without me promoting someone. I dismissed the thought and was thinking I put it on someone and just forgot. However, now I am missing the legendary citation from the just finished campaign and this time I certainly didn’t put it on anyone!!

Are the citations on some timer or something? I have a feeling that I am missing two legendary citations now...

Comments

• Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Search posts about the 1000 item bug. Got me last month too. Contact Customer Support, they'll give you both back.
  • Options
    Ah ok, thanks! 😊
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah and replicate some of your useless junk to get below 1000 inventory items
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I now wonder how much stuff I already have lost due to this :/
  • Options
    there's a 6-7 day buffer period where items that push you over 1000 items begin to disappear. I'm also not sure it's the items that exceed 1000 vs random inventory items
  • Options
    Ah, good to know, because I was sure I had that citation. It just disappeared from my inventory at some point in the last few days. Perhaps it's best to just cite somebody as soon as you can
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just keep your inventory below 1k. Who knows what else you lose when it goes over.
  • Options
    MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    The over 1k “purge” in my experience and reports from my fleet always seem to take your best items. I lost my risa headset and voyage revival tokens. Other fleet members have lost shuttle supplies, revival tokens, citations, rep rations, trainers.
    I did not get my stuff back from C/S when i sent a ticket. So that is hit or miss depending on if you get a generous rep. It is not Guaranteed.
    Another important thing to note is that multiples of the same item (example: 150, 2* casings), are counted as 1 since it is duplicates of the same item, in the same inventory box. It is the amount of different items or boxes, over 1000. If you make sure you use un-needed ship schems and crew specific clothing patterns or items in replicator to keep your inventory under 1k you should have no problems. Dabo, threshold rewards, and campaign spit out alot of crew specific items that can only be used on 1 crew card. Sometimes already FL. Not needed.
    This is ongoing, long term, many threads discussion repeated about 2 weeks when some notices missing items.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend checking your inventory regularly to make sure you’re not going over the limit. Prior to campaigns, I checked maybe every 4 months or so and found that I had gained about 100 items (mostly from Dabo and gauntlet streak drops). With campaign equipment drops, I am checking much more frequently and recommend the same to anyone, especially those who get the premium track. Maybe monthly if you have the premium track and bimonthly for everyone else - going through and tossing unnecessary items every several weeks is less stressful than hoping CS restores lost items in a timely manner.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    It helps to keep leveling crew. I will usually do duplicates of superrares I get 4 of.
    Usually these crew are event bonus crew.

But also, every Galaxy or Skirmish one should be checking their inventory for components they need at the same time check your inventory count.

Also, when trying to figure what to use in the replicator, easiest, is to pick base equipment you have only a few of. Even if you make a mistake it should not really matter.
  • Options
    Antar3sAntar3s ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I just cleared my inventory (1034/1000) of about 150 items...now I just wonder how much valuable stuff I actually have lost due to this... 😞
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try to use citations as soon as I get them to not have this problem.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

This is exactly what I will do from now on. ;)
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    This has to be the #1 item on the schedule for a fix right???

I am now having to delete random single items 2 or 3 times a week to stay below 950. But I've deleted all the 0, 1, and 2 star items already. Now I must delete blue and purple??
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »

I am now having to delete random single items 2 or 3 times a week to stay below 950. But I've deleted all the 0, 1, and 2 star items already. Now I must delete blue and purple??

IIRC, Shan said it is "not an issue".
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antar3s wrote: »
    I just cleared my inventory (1034/1000) of about 150 items...now I just wonder how much valuable stuff I actually have lost due to this... 😞

It depends on what you used in the replicator - hopefully it was mostly 0*/1*/2* equipment unique to characters you have already equipped. As long as you didn’t lose any expensive components, you should be okay.

For example, I am sitting at 891 items right now. At least three dozen or so of those are 3*/4*/5* equipment that I can use to equip crew, some of whom I don’t yet have (two items belong to Doctor Chaotica and one belongs to Elizabeth Dehner, for example). I just tossed a few of them, such as a 5* Dixon Hill’s suit (he’s immortal) and a 3* ketracel white (I don’t expect any Vorta, Founders, or Jem’Hadar will need equipping for a while). It’s a laborious process, for sure...
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Antar3s wrote: »

This is exactly what I will do from now on. ;)

I use the citations right away not just so they do not disappear from inventory but also so I do not accidentally add the citations to someone undeserving. Every crew member says, pick me, pick me, and I think I have another crew member for that person to merge but it is the citation being sneaky. I often click fast and I do not want any accidents. Sorry about your lost citation though. I bet if you drove fast in your car a police officer would be happy to give you a citation.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Is it a bug when you crew get airlocked if you exceed the limit? No, it is a feature of the game. Maybe there should be a warning when you have exceeded the limit because many do not check their inventory as often as the crew, but this is how the game was designed. It is not a bug or glitch.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Often in the aftermath of events, and I'm building new cards, it is a great time to peruse the equipment filter in the replication screen first when replicating the big-ticket items.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing catch-up regularly for the past couple of months — going into my inventory every few days to get rid of stuff. But it never really dropped me down very far below 1000. One thing I started doing most recently seems to be a better option: dumping all sorts of 0* and 1* items which I don't recognize into the replicator. In other words, if they look like they may be a one-off, out they go. My reasoning is that there are a lot of those, and they would also be very inexpensive to either re-build or replicate if needed. I found several dozen of those the first time I went through the inventory.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »

IIRC, Shan said it is "not an issue".

I don't think Shan ever said it was "not an issue". I think she said keep reporting it, so they know how it's becoming an increasing problem for more players and can be prioritized in their projects.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I've been playing catch-up regularly for the past couple of months — going into my inventory every few days to get rid of stuff. But it never really dropped me down very far below 1000. One thing I started doing most recently seems to be a better option: dumping all sorts of 0* and 1* items which I don't recognize into the replicator. In other words, if they look like they may be a one-off, out they go. My reasoning is that there are a lot of those, and they would also be very inexpensive to either re-build or replicate if needed. I found several dozen of those the first time I went through the inventory.

I also see that as if I’ve had only one of this item in a few years of gameplay, chances are I never needed it. I just did a replicator purge and got down to 797

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it a bug when you crew get airlocked if you exceed the limit? No, it is a feature of the game. Maybe there should be a warning when you have exceeded the limit because many do not check their inventory as often as the crew, but this is how the game was designed. It is not a bug or glitch.

And yet, the current way it works was a "fix" for how it used to work and was billed as a "first pass" at fixing things. So it may not officially be an official bug, but DB has acknowledged in the past that they need to work on it.
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    What would also help is when you feed single items into the replicator, it would be possible to tap them to see what they are so you don’t have to go to your inventory, look at the item, remember exactly what it looks like, go back to the replicator and then cross your fingers you don’t feed something into the replicator that looks exactly like something else.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    What would also help is when you feed single items into the replicator, it would be possible to tap them to see what they are so you don’t have to go to your inventory, look at the item, remember exactly what it looks like, go back to the replicator and then cross your fingers you don’t feed something into the replicator that looks exactly like something else.

Yes, that would help, but there needs to be another way to get rid of stuff besides the replicator. I often go for long periods with nothing to replicate.
  • Options

Yes, that would help, but there needs to be another way to get rid of stuff besides the replicator. I often go for long periods with nothing to replicate.

I am also at that level. What I do is just open a standard (credit) ten pack every day as part of the dailies. This will drop a 1* or 2*. You then level them as part of your dailies and replicate a piece of equipment for them, also a daily.

Helps keep the inventory in check until you pull a card you don't yet have.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

Maybe it is a "feature" but even the crew slots get expanded over time or are purchasable, given the increase of unique individual items introduced weekly in the game it would not hurt and would seem to be a reasonable request to increase it, given this limit has stayed the same for a very long time if not from the start.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    From the ongoing engineering thread on this I'll repeat my suggestion, one that shouldn't be all that hard to add...

Three things.

1) An info tip in the inventory area that explains the cap and warns what happens when going over.

2) An easy method to remove items (delete them, sell them, whatever. there needs to be something besides the replicator)

3) A pop-up warning when you reach the limit (this should pop-up every time you load the game until you're back under the cap)

foywp69k2emn.png

In addition to info message and pop up, simple additions, i have suggested repeatedly (if the cap wont be deleted), add a recycle bin to main inventory page for easy placement of un-needed items. Then make that recycle bin show up in rep ration section for easy access during replication process.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here. Bring on The Honor Machine!!