Home The Bridge

I want to point this out to DB before the next skirmish event...

{DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
Here are the last 4 skirmish events:

Skirmish Event: Barren Heat- Ranked Legendary- Honored Owosekun- Primary Skill: Sci
Skirmish Event: Reconstruction- Ranked Legendary- Beloved Annorax- Primary Skill: Sci
Faction/Skirmish: Integration- Ranked Legendary- Science Officer Spock- Primary Skill: Sci
Skirmish Event: Shackled to the Stars: Ranked Legendary: Doctor Ann Mulhall- Primary Skill: Sci

Is there any chance we could get a ranked legendary in the next skirmish event with something other than sci primary?

Comments

• Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Don t see any issue since Skirmishes are not back to back.

If the ranked Legendary for 4 events in a row would have SCI as main skill,
    it would be a lil different. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don t see any issue since Skirmishes are not back to back.

If the ranked Legendary for 4 events in a row would have SCI as main skill,
    it would be a lil different. ;)
    Skirmish is the only event type newer players including myself can compete in. (I have all of them starting with Spock, but I have won no other legendary from an event so far.) So I do see the issue and I agree with the TS. But I would like to add that we also do not need any kind of COM or SEC primary thanks to campaigns. :D
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • edited July 2019
    DB: what’s that I hear ? You want more Com/dip/sec 5*’s? Make it so !
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple recent mega events were SEC primaries. The only campaign legendary that wasn't SEC primary was MJLP, who is SEC secondary. Same with the last mega legendary - Janeway was SECondary as well.

I do wonder how much is coincidence and how much DB does on purpose. So as to not let one aspect of the game give too broad of impact. There was a recent batch of ENG primary legendaries. It's interesting that the OP points out the SCI pattern. I do hope it's time for a change. I like skirmishes so I would like a more diverse skill set. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • One could also say that all 4 had good stats and are useful. Thanks for that DB.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    One could also say that all 4 had good stats and are useful. Thanks for that DB.

And you’re not wrong about that. They were definitely all good, and I do appreciate that. But my point still stands. Skirmishes are the only events that a lot of newer players actually have the ability to rank in. It would be helpful to them to be able to round out their crews so they could eventually be more competitive in other event types as well. I’m not sure if DB did this intentionally or not, but if they didn’t, I’m just hoping that by bringing it to their attention, maybe they’ll consider switching things up a bit to help some of the newer people out.
    One could also say that all 4 had good stats and are useful. Thanks for that DB.

And you’re not wrong about that. They were definitely all good, and I do appreciate that. But my point still stands. Skirmishes are the only events that a lot of newer players actually have the ability to rank in. It would be helpful to them to be able to round out their crews so they could eventually be more competitive in other event types as well. I’m not sure if DB did this intentionally or not, but if they didn’t, I’m just hoping that by bringing it to their attention, maybe they’ll consider switching things up a bit to help some of the newer people out.

I look at it like some of the other changes being requested recently. If DB were to change it up and rotate between two skills for a couple months, then move to two different skills for a couple months... Newer players could slowly build or do other events to fill in the other skills. They could certainly change things up a little without significantly upsetting some sort of balance.

All that said... There will be some Q's in the mega, I presume. And if there's one thing Q's have in common... It's SCI. So... don't get your hopes too high.
    Farewell 🖖
  • GhaziGhazi ✭✭✭
    Obvious answer is to give 6* crew with four skills.../sarcasm
  • PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    These Skirmish SCI officers have been in the top ten top base in the game, and three of those four are top 50 voyagers. I only have Beloved Annorax and Honored Owosekun (both immortalized) and one of them is always on a voyage or shuttle. It would be nice to have another primary in a skirmish, which affords newer players more of a fighting chance at getting, as the pattern shows, a top-tier legendary. Maybe not entirely related, but I have been tracking my voyages for a couple of weeks now, and out of the last 15 Voyages SCI has been the secondary skill five times and primary zero. All the SCI crew has been pretty useful as of late in that regard.
  • Now that we know Amanda Rogers is the ranked reward for the next skirmish, what do people think her skill set is likely to be?
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    For Amanda Rogers: How about SCI/MED/ENG, in that order? Seems to fit, given her training as a biologist and then her preventing of a warp core melt down, among other things. I'd love, for the sake of game play, to have her top two skills be ENG and MED, but it seems like SCI would have to come first for her character.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
    Could DIP/SCI/MED be justified?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Amanda Rogers: How about SCI/MED/ENG, in that order? Seems to fit, given her training as a biologist and then her preventing of a warp core melt down, among other things. I'd love, for the sake of game play, to have her top two skills be ENG and MED, but it seems like SCI would have to come first for her character.

I gave her skills some thought a few months back and I think I came up with this or maybe SCI/ENG/MED. According to Memory Alpha, she has degrees in neurobiology (MED), plasma dynamics (SCI), and eco-regeneration with honors (ENG).
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give her four skills. Three for her, sci-med-eng and one for the puppies, diplomacy.

frj1fbov4m12.jpg

And if there's any justice their diplomacy would be unrivaled and never ever equaled. (Which got me thinking: why aren't there puppies at every tension-filled meeting of heads of state? "You know, Mr. President, I was going to invade your country, but you've melted my heart. Just look at those little smushy-faces. 😍")

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    5 skirmishes in a row now with sci primary legendarys... nothing I really want to say would make it past the censor.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

This. SCI/MED/ENG
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    I'm pretty sure "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh" makes it through.

Oh no, trolled by a dimwit. However will I go on? Like this...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 skirmishes in a row now with sci primary legendarys... nothing I really want to say would make it past the censor.

I bet the people missing SCI crew from their rosters are pretty ecstatic. And there is nothing wrong with the king’s ransom of holoemitters, honor, and farmed items you get along the way.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Amanda Rogers: How about SCI/MED/ENG, in that order?

Well done, @Matt_Decker. :)

I bet the people missing SCI crew from their rosters are pretty ecstatic. And there is nothing wrong with the king’s ransom of holoemitters, honor, and farmed items you get along the way.

To be fair... Most of the players who like skirmish have SCI covered. If anyone is missing SCI, then they are either new (and excited) or they think skirmishes are a slot and don't like the prospect of skirmishing to get it. I think it's really riding on the MED secondary and popularity of the character.

Maybe next skirmish with break the pattern. I like skirmishes, so a little diversity will be welcome.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's really riding on the MED secondary and popularity of the character.
    Or the puppies.

Like I said, skirmishes are the BEST chance newer players have at winning better crew to round out their rosters to be able to compete in other events too. DB could throw newer players a bone and switch things up for their sake. Skirmishes only happen about once every 5 weeks as it is. I don't think it's being nit-picky to ask them to shake it up a little with skill distribution. For every skirmish event we have, we get roughly 2 galaxy events and 2 faction events. Newer players need more than just good Sci chars to do well in other events.

I know everyone complains about "not another com/dip/sec char" but on my newer alt account, I don't have a SINGLE com/dip/whatever char above Klingon Dukat. I've played that account daily for 24 weeks. So yeah, I think DB could do better with skill distribution across the board, not just in skirmishes. Especially when people bring attention to it like I did.
  • MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

This event, this card, and this mega has been in the workshop for alot longer than when you started this thread. With everything that goes into the planning of an event and even more with a mega. You have 1 request and it wasnt granted? Hm? Sounds like Q to me.
    It is possible that your request may be taken into account for future skirmishes that are still in the concept stage.
    Besides that im sorry that skirmish is the easiest for newer players and you didnt get your wish. In the entire game concept skirmish is the newest event and the rest of us made it through somehow???? Without it.
    Maybe you just need to put in your time like the rest of us and not have such high expectations. This process is a marathon not a sprint. Everyone is disappointed at some point. Cant please every player every time.
    Also, fyi, sci/med/eng combo crew have been highly requested. Alot more (free bones are thrown) than ever before. Since you are a newer player you would have no way to know this mega, this card is exactly what the majority has been asking for.