Home The Bridge
Options

Time to kill D’Kora Krayton?

GhaziGhazi ✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in The Bridge
Just a thought. I have been having fun doing the whole 4 second nuke everything strategy as much as the next guy (especially in Skirmish), but I think it is time for a truly good one second evasion crew that will spice up the top ranks of Admiral Arena again.

Thoughts, comments, hate? Post below!

gw4kgixx5vxq.png
atq4znfj6oa7.png
9sintg2v1mek.png

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a decent idea, but I would temper it a little. Instead of a great 1s evasion crew, how about start with an average 3s evasion crew? There's nothing worse than a gauntlet wall, except maybe Commander Division of Arena where almost everyone uses the same setup. I'd rather that not happen to Admiral Division as well.

And in the interest of the paper, rock, scissors dynamic, it might even be worth making it a boarding trigger and moving the Prakesh's boarding action to 3s to make it relevant again at the same time.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    People started using the Krayton as a way to combat the cloaking Shenanigans of the IKA T'Ong.

IMO, rather than nuking the Krayton, I'd be more in favor of a new concept that would create a sort of Paper, Rock, Scissors situation, or just leave it the way it is.
  • Options
    GhaziGhazi ✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    People started using the Krayton as a way to combat the cloaking Shenanigans of the IKA T'Ong.

IMO, rather than nuking the Krayton, I'd be more in favor of a new concept that would create a sort of Paper, Rock, Scissors situation, or just leave it the way it is.

I also wouldn’t mind seeing like a summoners war/final fantasy style of arena gameplay. That would be a huge undertaking for the dev team, though.

• Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean someone like Admiral Janeway?
  • Options
    GhaziGhazi ✭✭✭
    You mean someone like Admiral Janeway?

Never looked that closely at her. She is actually quite a good counter. Thanks!

mpeolvyulosc.png

• Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    Evasion still leaves 70% chance to be hitted if Kraytons have crew for Accuracy with 1-6 sec, and they do have that crew
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is a giant game of chicken, who will blink first and award an "Awesome"?!

You get an awesome!
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Arena and Ship battles inparticular are a bit rubbish in my opinion. Id rather they redesigned the whole thing, though there is no financial motive too we have to put up with the click fest
    DB: Do Better
  • Options

Or maybe db could...oh...I don't know...fix the cloaking to work the way it used to lol...only been trying for the past...year has it been? Seriously wish they could get their stuff together :disappointed:
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do people really have arena success with the Krayton? I’ve tried many variations on my wildly successful Skirmish crew and won maybe one battle out of two dozen. I lose maybe one offensive battle in five with the Bounty...although it’s not great on defense, it doesn’t frustrate me to no end on offense.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

Remind me, what were the Shenanigans again?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do people really have arena success with the Krayton? I’ve tried many variations on my wildly successful Skirmish crew and won maybe one battle out of two dozen. I lose maybe one offensive battle in five with the Bounty...although it’s not great on defense, it doesn’t frustrate me to no end on offense.

Oh yeah, IMO the Krayton is the best ship for Admiral and skirmishes. It's lightning fast and hits like a freight train.

Remind me, what were the Shenanigans again?

LOL, nothing really, just a colorful way of saying people got tired of getting nuked by the T'Ong :p
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I do quite fine with Krayton in Arena. I use Mirror Spock and Locutus for 1s accuracy and attack with Killy and RPC. But the key strategy... Find a place in the top 1% that has less frequent turnover and camp there. Sorry... But I don't want to give away the specifics of that one. ;)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I've been rocking the Krayton for years. Mainly because it was the first 5* that I was able to max out, and I'm the most comfortable with it.

Also, I always loved Ferengi Marauders and wish we saw more of them. DS9 would have been perfect, but they never showed up.
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭

I hit 1st place with Krayton every day, I used to hit it with Bounty but with Krayton it’s much easier, and Krayton is better to keep rank than Bounty (though I end up somewhere on 400-1000 place after I hit 1st, my setup is not the perfect one)

Just see what ships are in the top. A horde of Kraytons and a semi-horde of Tongs, with occasional Bountys, rarely other ships (I did once see Scimitar in top 10)

Krayton is really the most OP ship at the moment. Key to success with it - fast attack (like Locutus or Polywater Yar), fast accuracy (Scotty, Ardra, Mirror Spock) and insta damage (Rura Penthe Commandant or Killy) You may throw some evasion too instead one of insta damagers

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying you want to get rid of the ship I have been using since day one? That’s not right
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    The all Krayton problem is going to sort of work itself out when the Valdore gets added to the portal.

The Valdore has the same two second speed up at 4 seconds plus a cloak at 4 seconds. No insta damage from the ship abilities though.

As insta damage goes through cloak (admitted by DB as being ‘by design’) it won’t really help. It would be just a Krayton without insta damage

• Options
    CloneClone ✭✭✭
    Vesmer wrote: »
    As insta damage goes through cloak (admitted by DB as being ‘by design’) it won’t really help. It would be just a Krayton without insta damage

I don't think this is true. I use an insta-damage build on the D'Kora Krayton and if I hit it while my opponent is cloaked, there is no damage and then I lose the fight shortly after.

My belief has been that specific crewmembers have cloak-breaking insta-damage and, since this is not written on their cards, that it is a bug.
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    Clone wrote: »

I don't think this is true. I use an insta-damage build on the D'Kora Krayton and if I hit it while my opponent is cloaked, there is no damage and then I lose the fight shortly after.

My belief has been that specific crewmembers have cloak-breaking insta-damage and, since this is not written on their cards, that it is a bug.

There could be no damage because of evasion.

“Abilities such as Immediately Deals % Damage or boarding currently ignore cloak. This not a bug”

Also, as cloak in Valdore is 4 sec, the same as instant damage in Krayton, the next is true

“Shots that are happening while the cloak is engaged will hit. The first few shots when Cloak is being activated can hit. If something that you were previously engaged with becomes invisible, it is likely that you would continue to fire where you last saw it”

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evasion is a myth. There’s a button for it but it does nothing
  • Options

I hit 1st place with Krayton every day, I used to hit it with Bounty but with Krayton it’s much easier, and Krayton is better to keep rank than Bounty (though I end up somewhere on 400-1000 place after I hit 1st, my setup is not the perfect one)

Just see what ships are in the top. A horde of Kraytons and a semi-horde of Tongs, with occasional Bountys, rarely other ships (I did once see Scimitar in top 10)

Krayton is really the most OP ship at the moment. Key to success with it - fast attack (like Locutus or Polywater Yar), fast accuracy (Scotty, Ardra, Mirror Spock) and insta damage (Rura Penthe Commandant or Killy) You may throw some evasion too instead one of insta damagers

That was basically the setup I used - 2/5* Captain Scott, 2/5* Killy, 2/5* RPC, and an immortal Lt. Chekov in the other slot. I could thaw Ardra or slot in Mirror Spock or Locutus but one thing remains true: other than a few rare and appreciated surprises, instant damage crew do not work for me in the arena. They never have - from day one, going back to when Kal-if-fee Spock and Commando Crusher were seemingly on every ship, they always work for the defender and never work for me on offense.

On the Krayton, I fire off Killy, RPC, and the EMP, nothing happens, and then I get hammered by the opponent’s T’Kuvma or Mirror Phlox and I lose without even breaking through their shields. Adding more instant damage crew for more chances at actually landing a blow didn’t work, trying other solid crew from current and past Bounty setups didn’t work, and I slipped down into the 7000ish ranks during the week I experimented with the Krayton because I couldn’t win...the one and only battle that worked was one where the opponent’s instant-damage crew missed for a change and I had time to recharge everyone for a second shot (which still missed, but regular attacks with Chekov’s crit bonus helped).
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭

That was basically the setup I used - 2/5* Captain Scott, 2/5* Killy, 2/5* RPC, and an immortal Lt. Chekov in the other slot. I could thaw Ardra or slot in Mirror Spock or Locutus but one thing remains true: other than a few rare and appreciated surprises, instant damage crew do not work for me in the arena. They never have - from day one, going back to when Kal-if-fee Spock and Commando Crusher were seemingly on every ship, they always work for the defender and never work for me on offense.

On the Krayton, I fire off Killy, RPC, and the EMP, nothing happens, and then I get hammered by the opponent’s T’Kuvma or Mirror Phlox and I lose without even breaking through their shields. Adding more instant damage crew for more chances at actually landing a blow didn’t work, trying other solid crew from current and past Bounty setups didn’t work, and I slipped down into the 7000ish ranks during the week I experimented with the Krayton because I couldn’t win...the one and only battle that worked was one where the opponent’s instant-damage crew missed for a change and I had time to recharge everyone for a second shot (which still missed, but regular attacks with Chekov’s crit bonus helped).

That’s really strange. I’d say that accuracy from 2/5 Scotty may not be enough, but not always for sure, so that’s super strange. Maybe you should file a ticket to support. Sometimes my insta hitters miss too, but usually they hit as usually there’s no evasion at 4 sec, and sometimes even with crit.

Just a couple of thoughts regarding your setup - I think it’s better to have some crew for big +attack and one insta damager than to have two insta damagers. You hit Killy, she does 400% only from 12 (10 from ship + 2 from power surge) attack. Then you fire RPC, he does 400% only from 17 (10 from ship + 7 from Killy) attack. The same goes for EMP. That may be not enough. Instead you could use some +9 attacker like Locutus, and hit Killy or RPC and EMP for 400% from 19 attack. 19 attack is about 69% more damage than 17 attack.

• Options
    GhaziGhazi ✭✭✭

That’s really strange. I’d say that accuracy from 2/5 Scotty may not be enough, but not always for sure, so that’s super strange. Maybe you should file a ticket to support. Sometimes my insta hitters miss too, but usually they hit as usually there’s no evasion at 4 sec, and sometimes even with crit.

Just a couple of thoughts regarding your setup - I think it’s better to have some crew for big +attack and one insta damager than to have two insta damagers. You hit Killy, she does 400% only from 12 (10 from ship + 2 from power surge) attack. Then you fire RPC, he does 400% only from 17 (10 from ship + 7 from Killy) attack. The same goes for EMP. That may be not enough. Instead you could use some +9 attacker like Locutus, and hit Killy or RPC and EMP for 400% from 19 attack. 19 attack is about 69% more damage than 17 attack.

I only recent switched from 2/5 star Scotty to ardra, not a big difference. Both are exceptional for the accuracy spot.

• Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Scotty is super nice with his passive bonuses, and Ardra is super nice for her crit bonus - and crit rating when FE, it makes about 21% crit rating for Krayton
  • Options

Although I appreciate the advice, I don’t feel like playing CS Roulette when I can use another ship and do what I need to do. Scotty, Crell Moset, Mirror Mayweather, and Chekov do very nicely on the Bounty, at least on offense.