Home The Bridge
Options

Time to kill D’Kora Krayton?

Comments

• Options
    ByloBand wrote: »
    People started using the Krayton as a way to combat the cloaking Shenanigans of the IKA T'Ong.

IMO, rather than nuking the Krayton, I'd be more in favor of a new concept that would create a sort of Paper, Rock, Scissors situation, or just leave it the way it is.

This. I remember switching to krayton after the addition of the ship trait. Climbing the ranks of neverending t'ongs and warbirds. Slowly seeing more and more copycats. How long were the two cloaked ships king? 2 years? Maybe we should wait that long. OR implement something like paper rock scissors so there is no "king of the arena"
  • Options
    PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    Don't forget that the Krayton stinks if you do not beat your opponent with your first volley.

This. 95% of the time my T'Ong withstandstands the first volley, I cloak, and then Ardra, Undercover O'Brien, Killy, and Fury Kes decimate the Krayton.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Still flying the T'Ong, still able to finish in the top 1% most days. Maybe that won't last a lot longer, but at least for now, we aren't in a situation like the commander and captain levels.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    @Matt_Decker I have actually found some success with BoP and Kang & Sous Chef Sisko. First time in over a year I was able to get below rank 500 without spending two days of tickets to get there.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinkyfirst wrote: »
    @Matt_Decker I have actually found some success with BoP and Kang & Sous Chef Sisko. First time in over a year I was able to get below rank 500 without spending two days of tickets to get there.

Good for you, @Pinkyfirst. Helps make the same point -- there are plenty of options still out there. Now if only I had Sous Chef Sisko . . .
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    I see no reason to nerf the Krayton. My IKS T'ong certainly has no problem beating it.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vesmer wrote: »
    Clone wrote: »
    As insta damage goes through cloak (admitted by DB as being ‘by design’) it won’t really help. It would be just a Krayton without insta damage

I don't think this is true. I use an insta-damage build on the D'Kora Krayton and if I hit it while my opponent is cloaked, there is no damage and then I lose the fight shortly after.

My belief has been that specific crewmembers have cloak-breaking insta-damage and, since this is not written on their cards, that it is a bug.

There could be no damage because of evasion.

“Abilities such as Immediately Deals % Damage or boarding currently ignore cloak. This not a bug”

Also, as cloak in Valdore is 4 sec, the same as instant damage in Krayton, the next is true

“Shots that are happening while the cloak is engaged will hit. The first few shots when Cloak is being activated can hit. If something that you were previously engaged with becomes invisible, it is likely that you would continue to fire where you last saw it”
    From my personal experience this is not true. I mainly use the Bounty and NEVER get hit by insta while cloak is up (lags can make a difference though).
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Just a couple of thoughts, I read the first page of comments, but not all of them.

I like the Krayton, and it can be superior, but man you guys must have some lightning reflexes, cause to be able to hit the ship ability, the accuracy crew and then the insta damage crew in like under 4 secs is intense. Sometimes I make it sometimes I don't.,

I do believe that the cloaks on ships do work now, I believe it was suppose to have been fixed? I do not believe it works 100% seems to be random. Ive had it where a ship has been cloaked and it work and other times where it hasn't and I doubt its do to evasion since they do not get a chance to even get an evasion char to activate.

Course instead of all this talks about, tactics and how to improve the battles themselves, which is all fine and good.

How about we talk about making having rank in the arena worth a damn? other than completing dailies, and getting replication fodder. The rewards blow.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    DeanWins wrote: »
    Just a couple of thoughts, I read the first page of comments, but not all of them.

I like the Krayton, and it can be superior, but man you guys must have some lightning reflexes, cause to be able to hit the ship ability, the accuracy crew and then the insta damage crew in like under 4 secs is intense. Sometimes I make it sometimes I don't.,

I do believe that the cloaks on ships do work now, I believe it was suppose to have been fixed? I do not believe it works 100% seems to be random. Ive had it where a ship has been cloaked and it work and other times where it hasn't and I doubt its do to evasion since they do not get a chance to even get an evasion char to activate.

Course instead of all this talks about, tactics and how to improve the battles themselves, which is all fine and good.

How about we talk about making having rank in the arena worth a damn? other than completing dailies, and getting replication fodder. The rewards blow.

I set my phone on a couch cushion and use both thumbs and a finger. I can get off 4 abilities before 5 elapsed seconds...could hit 5 but I hold 1 back for strategy.
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    DeanWins wrote: »

How about we talk about making having rank in the arena worth a damn?

That’s so damn true, but I really doubt DB will give something valuable for arena ranking. Exactly because it’s too easy to rank to get something of real value.

• Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    As insta damage goes through cloak (admitted by DB as being ‘by design’) it won’t really help. It would be just a Krayton without insta damage

I don't think this is true. I use an insta-damage build on the D'Kora Krayton and if I hit it while my opponent is cloaked, there is no damage and then I lose the fight shortly after.

My belief has been that specific crewmembers have cloak-breaking insta-damage and, since this is not written on their cards, that it is a bug.

“Abilities such as Immediately Deals % Damage or boarding currently ignore cloak. This not a bug”

Also, as cloak in Valdore is 4 sec, the same as instant damage in Krayton, the next is true

“Shots that are happening while the cloak is engaged will hit. The first few shots when Cloak is being activated can hit. If something that you were previously engaged with becomes invisible, it is likely that you would continue to fire where you last saw it”
    From my personal experience this is not true. I mainly use the Bounty and NEVER get hit by insta while cloak is up (lags can make a difference though).

Well, I’ve seen that crew with 6 sec insta gets through cloak (that is also 6 sec)

And boarding continue to work if it starts before cloak is activated (and it actually makes sense)

• Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I’ve seen that crew with 6 sec insta gets through cloak (that is also 6 sec)

And boarding continue to work if it starts before cloak is activated (and it actually makes sense)

That can be for 2 reasons. Dakora Krayton reduces the cooldown AND initial fire for crew, so a six second initialize crew can fire before a six second cloak, in the dkora krayton. On top of that, playing against the computer AI there is always a little delay in their firing so if you have 4 second cloak and they have 4 second initialize crew, you can hit cloak before their crew fires.

If delaying my cloak before hitting it, I always hit it a little earlier than it looks like I need to though in case of lag delaying my display of their crew activation. Enemy crew NEVER hit through my cloak if I time it a little early.
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭

That can be for 2 reasons. Dakora Krayton reduces the cooldown AND initial fire for crew, so a six second initialize crew can fire before a six second cloak, in the dkora krayton. On top of that, playing against the computer AI there is always a little delay in their firing so if you have 4 second cloak and they have 4 second initialize crew, you can hit cloak before their crew fires.

If delaying my cloak before hitting it, I always hit it a little earlier than it looks like I need to though in case of lag delaying my display of their crew activation. Enemy crew NEVER hit through my cloak if I time it a little early.

I meant effective 6 sec, so it’s some crew with 8 sec insta but it’s decreased to 6. I used Survivalist Kirk, he goes through 6 sec cloak

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

I have never had a lag on any other ship battle that allows me to get hit after hitting the cloak button. If it was lag, it would happen with other ships. Another
    point about lag: when I get hit two seconds into my Bounty's cloak by the T'Ong
    why do I then get hit when my counter for cloak gets to zero seconds but is still blue. Lag means my cloak should last two seconds longer after I see it disappear, that is not what happens. Everytime my cloak is still active but zero seconds shows I get hit.

If you are not using the Bounty against the T'Ong, you wlll not see this. But, it has also been reported to happen when in the T'Ong and battling the Bounty.

Edit: Again the battle with the problem is with Bounty vs. T'Ong. The problem is with instant damage. The instant damage is suppose to be immediate. What I think is happening is that the programmer waited for weapon recharge to fire it. That means any crew abilities that occur after it is initiated and before it hits will be used to improve its strength. This means, that the crew doing the immediate damage is getting to use its own boost to this attack. This is the only battle where the crew doing the immediate damage gets it own boost.

BTW, this is why a fully leveled Locutus is so effective on a D'Kora Krayton. He makes it so you only need a 1F crew on the first initial damage hit. I have destroyed all D'Kora Kraytons I have faced that do not have Locutus.
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Krayton allows for 2 characters with+10 attack, +10 accuracy, and +10 evasion at 4 seconds. It's disgustingly good. I use Killy, Rura Penthe Commandant, Hugh Culber, and Laborer spock. If they make a ship with 3 second cloaking it would shake things up a bit. The computer tends to be a bit late with using abilities at 4 seconds so the cloak on the new ship to shake things up would need to be at 3 seconds or 3.5
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Sometimes when I just want to do arena battles quickly to finsh my dailies but do not care about winning I purposefully pick a Krayton so it can kill me quickly and I can move on to the next battle. It is a great time saver. By losing I can choose and lose to it over and over.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    While we’re evening out the gauntlet, can we just nerf Killy already? For those of us who haven’t managed to get her or didn’t get gifted one in the Yargate fiasco, maintaining any kind of decent ranking in the gauntlet is next to impossible now, especially if we don’t have any of the 2nd best alternatives to her.

And before anyone starts in with ‘Killy isn’t necessary I do great without her,’ we all know she’s the clear gauntlet beast let’s not beat around the bush here
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we’re evening out the gauntlet, can we just nerf Killy already? For those of us who haven’t managed to get her or didn’t get gifted one in the Yargate fiasco, maintaining any kind of decent ranking in the gauntlet is next to impossible now, especially if we don’t have any of the 2nd best alternatives to her.

And before anyone starts in with ‘Killy isn’t necessary I do great without her,’ we all know she’s the clear gauntlet beast let’s not beat around the bush here

1. You spelled Arena wrong.

2. This was addressed recently with the introduction of the Rura Penthe Commandant, who is Captain Killy only in Klingon form. He was a recent ranked reward and available in packs for an entire week.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Killy is essential for quick Skirmish play. Nerfing Killy would be disastrous for us with her in Skirmishes. Also, Killy was exchanged for Polywater Yar after DB nerfed Polywater Yar. If DB nerfed the exchange for another nerf card people would go ballistic. But what if we made arena more fun? Give it a little gauntlet feel and have different trait crew give extra bonus on different days.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Killy is essential for quick Skirmish play. Nerfing Killy would be disastrous for us with her in Skirmishes. Also, Killy was exchanged for Polywater Yar after DB nerfed Polywater Yar. If DB nerfed the exchange for another nerf card people would go ballistic. But what if we made arena more fun? Give it a little gauntlet feel and have different trait crew give extra bonus on different days.

See but she’s not, really. I don’t have her and I regularly place within the top twenty - it’s more difficult I’m sure but it’s possible. Conversely, there is literally nothing I can do to defeat the typical Krayton Killy configuration, even when switching up crew and vessels.
  • Options

2. This was addressed recently with the introduction of the Rura Penthe Commandant, who is Captain Killy only in Klingon form. He was a recent ranked reward and available in packs for an entire week.

1. You know what I meant

2. Not everyone managed to rank highly enough in that event or win him in a pack, whereas Killy was gifted to many (not all) players because of DB’s poor planning.

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

1. You know what I meant

2. Not everyone managed to rank highly enough in that event or win him in a pack, whereas Killy was gifted to many (not all) players because of DB’s poor planning.

If you weren't willing to push hard in an event to win a card that we all knew was going to be an Arena beast and you weren't willing to open packs to get him, then I don't understand why your argument has merit. Everyone had the ability to get a copy of RPC, and for anyone without Killy who wanted to take Admiral Arena seriously, they did what they had to do to get a copy.

Not trying to be a wet blanket here but this model is how the game works and it really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone; everyone has access to the basics of the game but if you want to do well in something you either need a REALLY amazing strategy or you need to pay some money to buy the upgrades. I will straight up tell you, I used $100 from my tax refund and bought the $99.99 RPC offer because I didn't have Killy at the time and I wanted to be competitive in Admiral Arena, and I was glad to do it because DB needs to keep the lights on.
  • Options
    If you weren't willing to push hard in an event to win a card that we all knew was going to be an Arena beast and you weren't willing to open packs to get him, then I don't understand why your argument has merit. Everyone had the ability to get a copy of RPC, and for anyone without Killy who wanted to take Admiral Arena seriously, they did what they had to do to get a copy.

Not trying to be a wet blanket here but this model is how the game works and it really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone; everyone has access to the basics of the game but if you want to do well in something you either need a REALLY amazing strategy or you need to pay some money to buy the upgrades. I will straight up tell you, I used $100 from my tax refund and bought the $99.99 RPC offer because I didn't have Killy at the time and I wanted to be competitive in Admiral Arena, and I was glad to do it because DB needs to keep the lights on.

For the record, I was physically unable to compete in that event at the time, but that’s beside the point and what you do with your money is your business.

If you need one of these two characters to compete against anyone with either of them, how are they not OP?

• Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    3rcqiyefvr30.jpg
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

For the record, I was physically unable to compete in that event at the time, but that’s beside the point and what you do with your money is your business.

If you need one of these two characters to compete against anyone with either of them, how are they not OP?

It is false to say that Killy or PRC are required to compete, as I type this the current #503 ship in Admiral is running Thot Gor, Suus Mahna Sarek, Etana Jol, and Ardra. Besides, there are lots of Tier 2 instant damage threats like Butter Kirk and a host of others that are still viable.

But you have a nice day.
  • Options

It is false to say that Killy or PRC are required to compete, as I type this the current #503 ship in Admiral is running Thot Gor, Suus Mahna Sarek, Etana Jol, and Ardra. Besides, there are lots of Tier 2 instant damage threats like Butter Kirk and a host of others that are still viable.

But you have a nice day.

Thankfully there are still some of us without either that are viable opponents so getting and maintaining a good enough rank to get top reward schems is still possible, albeit difficult. I believe Killy and her Klingon counterpart have a distinct advantage over the other 700+ characters. I understand that you disagree, it was not my intention to offend but my apologies if I did.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

But you have a nice day.

Thankfully there are still some of us without either that are viable opponents so getting and maintaining a good enough rank to get top reward schems is still possible, albeit difficult. I believe Killy and her Klingon counterpart have a distinct advantage over the other 700+ characters. I understand that you disagree, it was not my intention to offend but my apologies if I did.

I'm impossible to offend, friend :)
  • Options

I'm impossible to offend, friend :)

Thanks, I’ve given a woeful amount of time and money to this game so I’m probably prone to overreaction xP

arp4dnsfozpp.gif

• Options

But you have a nice day.

Don't forget Fury Kes. Same 6sec instant 400% damage as Killy and RPC. I gambled on dangerous Tuesday packs just for her.