Home The Bridge
Options

Crew Delivered Through Inbox to All Players

Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in The Bridge
I'm curating a little subset of the various crew members we've all been sent via in-game message and wanted to crowd source for revision. There are a few not on this list, because they were either apologies of some kind not sent to all players (Locutus of Borg, Mirror Spock, H.M.S. Pinafore Data), or they were Achievement rewards delivered at varying times depending on when the player unlocked them (Commanding Officer Sisko, Locutus of Borg, Fierce Guinan). Who am I missing?

t5iw3ay7gd4t.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Was Convergence Day Quark an in-game message? I thought he was a community reward in an extended loot table. Otherwise I would have two copies.
  • Options
    SteveJ301SteveJ301 ✭✭✭
    Am I misremembering, or have we had Worf Scarlett twice - Xmas 2017 and 2018 perhaps?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I returned in April after several years I had a Spock in my inbox, Mirror I think, but not sure any more. If I got him as an apology it was for sure a mistake. :D

All the others I did not get, they probably had a timer for claiming?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Was Convergence Day Quark an in-game message? I thought he was a community reward in an extended loot table. Otherwise I would have two copies.

Ack! Good catch.
  • Options
    SteveJ301SteveJ301 ✭✭✭
    Wasn't Prince Bashir also an Inbox freebie?
  • Options
    SteveJ301 wrote: »
    Am I misremembering, or have we had Worf Scarlett twice - Xmas 2017 and 2018 perhaps?

He was originally in the "Merry Men" Expedition that ran Christmas, 2016. When that event was skipped in favor of the TNG Mirror Mega in 2017, they sent us all that freebie. For Christmas 2018, we got Niners Sisko. I'm unaware of Will Scarlett being sent a second time.
    When I returned in April after several years I had a Spock in my inbox, Mirror I think, but not sure any more. If I got him as an apology it was for sure a mistake. :D

Mirror Spock was an apology for an email that gave out users' email addresses. That debacle was just playing out when I found the game and forum, so I missed out on that one. I'd have gladly posted my email address publicly if that would have gotten me Mirror Spock!
    guest_7456 wrote: »
    Iirc seven in silver was not an inbox claim. We had to buy her for free in the store.

Oh, you're right! Another good catch!

For players who were registered with their Game of Thrones game as it began to shut down, yeah. That might be who I was thinking of, though I feel like I'm still missing someone. Thanks!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

He was originally in the "Merry Men" Expedition that ran Christmas, 2016. When that event was skipped in favor of the TNG Mirror Mega in 2017, they sent us all that freebie. For Christmas 2018, we got Niners Sisko. I'm unaware of Will Scarlett being sent a second time.

Mirror Spock was an apology for an email that gave out users' email addresses. That debacle was just playing out when I found the game and forum, so I missed out on that one. I'd have gladly posted my email address publicly if that would have gotten me Mirror Spock!
    Iirc seven in silver was not an inbox claim. We had to buy her for free in the store.

Oh, you're right! Another good catch!

For players who were registered with their Game of Thrones game as it began to shut down, yeah. That might be who I was thinking of, though I feel like I'm still missing someone. Thanks!

I was going to say we surely got a freebie but I must have gotten my Prince Bashir from an ET pack or something. If memory serves, all GoTA users got a special, DBID-locked one-time deal available for only a month to get a Bashir plus a bunch of other starter items for free (or at a monster discount).
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

I took a break starting in October 2018. When I resumed playing in February 2019, I found both Seven in Silver and Prince Bashir in my inbox. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

I took a break starting in October 2018. When I resumed playing in February 2019, I found both Seven in Silver and Prince Bashir in my inbox. 🖖

Everyone got a Prince Bashir, and there was a second availble for GOTA players who linked their account (plus other goodies based on VIP equivilent). Many STT players started a GOTA account just to claim a second copy.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone got a Prince Bashir, and there was a second availble for GOTA players who linked their account (plus other goodies based on VIP equivilent). Many STT players started a GOTA account just to claim a second copy.

I did not know that; thank you. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your forgetting "Picardgate"; following the Mirror Mirror Mega Event.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options

Here's the original, official announcement, for anyone like me who'd become fuzzy on the particulars:

https://www.disruptorbeam.com/blog/2018/11/13/gota-gota-exclusive-offer-from-westeros-to-the-alpha-quadrant
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Your forgetting "Picardgate"; following the Mirror Mirror Mega Event.

Jim

I didn't forget. Apology offerings would be another list, including the aforementioned Locutus of Borg, Mirror Spock, Musketeer La Forge, H.M.S. Pinafore Data, etc. I've tinkered with writing a Wiki page for the history of DB-gates. Maybe one day I'll do that, but that's not of interest to me presently.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Seven in Silver was in the Portal, for most of us. I guess she might have been mailed to those who missed the window? And I never played Game of Thrones, got Prince Bashir on both Accounts, in mail.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Yes we all got a Prince Bashir. It was a welcome gift to GOTA players who joined. But every one playing got the Prince

The message read something like, to welcome GOTA players we are giving everyone a Prince Bashir.

Then if you linked your GOTA account with STT you got a second copy of him, plus more things depending on how long you played GOTA

Edit: I am thinking a Dancing Uhura might have been one. I am thinking I remember getting a Uhura. But could easily been the 9.99 offer.
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭

I think he came before the double you char offer via message for the game's first birthday. He was definitifly no ranked reward or tuesday package
  • Options
    Uluru wrote: »

I think he came before the double you char offer via message for the game's first birthday. He was definitifly no ranked reward or tuesday package

@[ISA] Big McLargeHuge was correct. Convergence Day Quark was at the 1.8b threshold in the Community Rewards:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Convergence_Day#Community_Threshold_Rewards
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uluru wrote: »

He was the Community Reward at 1,800,000,000 for the Convergence Day Event in 2017. Wiki does not say if he was awarded another way or not.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Convergence_Day_Quark

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Convergence_Day
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Edit: I am thinking a Dancing Uhura might have been one. I am thinking I remember getting a Uhura. But could easily been the 9.99 offer.

Yeah, I remember getting a free Dancing Uhura too, but I'm not seeing a line for it on the wiki. I did have her at one point, and got her for free, but I spaced her because of space/not-interested.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Yeah, I remember getting a free Dancing Uhura too, but I'm not seeing a line for it on the wiki. I did have her at one point, and got her for free, but I spaced her because of space/not-interested.

I did some searching looks like she was a threshold reward at 100k. Also seeing her mentioned with freebies but not herself as ingame but as a low threshold reward. I did stop searching after reading that post.
  • Options
    When did we got locutus as an apology or any other way?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    When did we got locutus as an apology or any other way?

Here's a thread from the old forum that goes into Locutus of Borg, Stargazer Picard, and Mirror Spock:

https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/55948/

EDIT TO ADD

Here's the most specific remarks, from DB Becca (our liaison at the time):
    To clear up the unreleased crew kerfluffle as best as I can: early in the game, pre-release and pre-Becca and pre-most of us, we had a mandate to give Locutus or Stargazer Picard for a few CS issues RIGHT after launch. They are still sitting in our crew tool and super easy to give out accidentally, but they’ve never really been optimized for the game. Mirror Spock was also rare. He’s been released, the other two haven’t, so their stats aren’t optimized. Anyone who has them now may be sorely disappointed later. Either way, if you feel slighted, please do submit a ticket. That’s what CS is here for.

The most recent accidental grant of Stargazer Picard has been reversed - and it was a total accident while a CS person was trying to replace another Picard. Everything past that first few weeks, when it was okay to give out thse things, are generally reversed. We just have to be careful with our tools, but we’re human.
  • Options
    Was 23rd century Martok given through the inbox?

I had him 1/5* FE and decided to airlock him as part of my purge of non-canon cards (in order to free up slots). I can't imagine I'd have chosen him out of a choice of three beholds, so am thinking it came from the inbox?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I don't have him. Maybe he dropped in a merit portal for you, or a behold with the other choices FF.