Home The Bridge
Options

DB, Make Money (hold the pitchforks)

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
First, thanks for Cheesecake Seven. I don't have her yet, but that's fine. My fleet pointed out that many will be disappointed if they do not get the packs, then the Mobile Doctor is featured in the next campaign.

If there is a plan to have Mobile Doctor in the next campaign, then please announce it while Indignant Seven packs are still available. First, you'll sell more packs. Then more players will buy premium campaigns. And best of all... No pitchforks. Thanks in advance!
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    How bout next time they have the 4* fuse as the campaign reward and the 5* fuse as the legendary reward.

If they did that this time, would the pitchforks still come out because of the packs?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they did that this time, would the pitchforks still come out because of the packs?

They should have just added Mobile Doctor to the pack as well. Although of course it would have needed a different theme in that case. Or offered him as the tuesday deal...

• Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with featuring Mobile Doc in the campaign is that then you'd have a 4/5 Doc, to fuse with a 1/4 Seven. You'd be saving a paltry 4K honor by citing Doc instead of Seven.

Or you might use those Docs separately, to combine with four Sevens. But that means spending 650 dil enough times to get four separate Sevens (7800 dil, ish), and THEN spending 54K per Seven to bring them to 4/4.

So, a month of waiting, thousands of dil spent today, 216K honor spent... and your new Seven is still only 4/5! 266K honor needed for 5/5.

That seems like a waste of a good Campaign Legendary to me! Better to grab one Seven today, wait for one Doc in a begold, and get your 5/5 for just 254K honor and the dil needed for just one super-rare in the pack.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    why would DB give away 4 mobile docs for $10, given the high demand for him now?

I said this on the discord channel, DB stands to make far more money by bleeding people for about a month, getting them to chase packs , especially after the portal update.

then they can re-release the Iconic Crew offer they had for him back in January. They could probably even raise the price for that offer and come out way ahead.

makes more sense , financially, to put indignant seven in a campaign about 2-3 months from now, and put out the mobile doc offer separately.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    why would DB give away 4 mobile docs for $10, given the high demand for him now?

I said this on the discord channel, DB stands to make far more money by bleeding people for about a month, getting them to chase packs , especially after the portal update.

then they can re-release the Iconic Crew offer they had for him back in January. They could probably even raise the price for that offer and come out way ahead.

makes more sense , financially, to put indignant seven in a campaign about 2-3 months from now, and put out the mobile doc offer separately.

This makes a lot of sense. Just as long as DB doesn't blunder and put him in the campaign without announcing it in a timely manner. That was my biggest concern.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    timely or not, if you want the seven, best chase the pack now and hope for doc later.
  • Options
    timely or not, if you want the seven, best chase the pack now and hope for doc later.

I agree. Luckily, I got four Sevens in eight packs. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    They should have just added Mobile Doctor to the pack as well. Or offered him as the tuesday deal...

Ok, I also take him as the thursday deal. Thanks DB...

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    There it is!

Truth be told, I probably wouldn't have used my 2/5 version of him to make her on Tuesday if I had thought they were actually going to go with this offer. Oh well!
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I guess they do want money.

vtuovd69c2jv.png
  • Options
    I am ignoring that offer and not doing any pulls on the Tuesday pack. I have set a $10 a week limit and this weeks $10 is going somewhere else.
  • Options
    The Livery pack is BS. Odds are rigged. I've done like 15 of them, keras dropped 9 times, doctor dropped 3 times, opaka dropped twice, ONE SEVEN. RIGGED.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, thanks for Cheesecake Seven. I don't have her yet, but that's fine. My fleet pointed out that many will be disappointed if they do not get the packs, then the Mobile Doctor is featured in the next campaign.

If there is a plan to have Mobile Doctor in the next campaign, then please announce it while Indignant Seven packs are still available. First, you'll sell more packs. Then more players will buy premium campaigns. And best of all... No pitchforks. Thanks in advance!

They'll just do the $9.99 for 1* Offer today......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    The Livery pack is BS. Odds are rigged. I've done like 15 of them, keras dropped 9 times, doctor dropped 3 times, opaka dropped twice, ONE SEVEN. RIGGED.

Uh, RNG. It happens. Ask about the Gary Seven thing. I forgot who it was. But, I guarantee he remembers......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow... the Tuesday pack and now the Thursday offer... blatant money grab to exploit a highly requested crew! Pass!
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    wow... the Tuesday pack and now the Thursday offer... blatant money grab to exploit a highly requested crew! Pass!

you thought it wasn't going to cost you?
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Uh, RNG. It happens. Ask about the Gary Seven thing. I forgot who it was. But, I guarantee he remembers......

I'm not talking about the odds of getting a 5*. The odds are stated, 10% chance in the 10x pull. If I do 15 pulls, it is resonable that I wouldn't pull a 5*.

However, the way the packs are presented, all 4* crew featured have equal chance, ie. If there are 3 of them, 90/3 or 30% for each crew. You don't do 15 pulls and get only 1 that is SUPPOSED TO BE 30% odds.
  • Options
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

You do realize the whole reason they make crew is too make money.

Asking 9.99 plus just having to pull a purple from a pack is much much cheaper than a 1/30 shot at a gold in a 650 dil pack. So if you’d really like a money grab I’m sure they can do that next time instead.

Personally, I consider this a gift at $10 plus a few packs.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

I'm not talking about the odds of getting a 5*. The odds are stated, 10% chance in the 10x pull. If I do 15 pulls, it is resonable that I wouldn't pull a 5*.

However, the way the packs are presented, all 4* crew featured have equal chance, ie. If there are 3 of them, 90/3 or 30% for each crew. You don't do 15 pulls and get only 1 that is SUPPOSED TO BE 30% odds.

Please don't hate me, but I did 8 pulls. Four were Author Doctor and four were Indignant Seven. I didn't see that Romulan dude at all. I didn't want him, so that is clearly good, but the RNG is certainly fickle. It seems rigged on many occasions in my experience. I went through a spell (3 weeks) of horrible shuttle boost RNG. It was way too rare to get time boosts. Nine packs seems excessive to not get something with a 30% chance to drop. I definitely empathize with your plight.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    Of course all business is for money, so is game development.

But there’s different examples with different outcomes. Let’s take Battlefront 2 for example. Community pressure made them restrict their greediness. And now let’s take STT for example..well, nothing to say, whales are willing to spend whatever DB do.

Personally I don’t find this 9.99 offer as a blatant money grab itself..but in the whole DB microtransactions picture it kinda fits.
  • Options

Actually, it rather a nice move offering the 5* that is needed for the $9.99 Offer. No fighting the RNG of the Portal or anything. If I had the $9.99 I would grab the Offer. Sooner or later Seven will be gotten.
  • Options

Actually, it rather a nice move offering the 5* that is needed for the $9.99 Offer. No fighting the RNG of the Portal or anything. If I had the $9.99 I would grab the Offer. Sooner or later Seven will be gotten.

Agreed. everyone is always saying "$10 for a cite is a great deal". This doctor deal is superior to the cite deal in all respects. With the exception of the folks that already have him FF and also FFd cc7 on Tuesday. They might not be so thrilled.
  • Options
    Vesmer wrote: »
    Of course all business is for money, so is game development.

But there’s different examples with different outcomes. Let’s take Battlefront 2 for example. Community pressure made them restrict their greediness. And now let’s take STT for example..well, nothing to say, whales are willing to spend whatever DB do.

Personally I don’t find this 9.99 offer as a blatant money grab itself..but in the whole DB microtransactions picture it kinda fits.

Remember $25 legendaries? That would have been a money grab if they went back to that. At least at $10 it's closer to micro than macro.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

So, you don't understand that statistics are predictive, not objective.

Yeah, it is a 10.13% percent chance of getting Seven EACH TEN PULL. Pulling one hundred Ten Pulls does not getting ten Sevens. Each time you do it, that Ten Pull has a 10.13% chance of dropping Seven. It does not go:

10.13%
    20.26%
    30.39%
    40.52%
    50.65%
    60.78%
    70.91%
    81.04%
    91.17%
    101.30%

Statistics tell us what SHOULD happen mathematically. But they do not GUARANTEE what WILL happen in real life.

I can prepare to flip a coin ten times and statistics say it should be around 5/5 Heads/Tails. However, I did it once just to see what happened and actually got heads nine out ten times, including eight times in a row!!!!!!

Assuming that the RNG is "fixed" Hoomanizes the computer rolling the numbers a little too much. The computer does not care if you get Seven every time, or never. It rolls a set of pseudo-random numbers when you open a pack.

Others can explain the maths better than me. But, the maths are not biased against you. They are not Hooman, either........

• Options

Please don't hate me, but I did 8 pulls. Four were Author Doctor and four were Indignant Seven. I didn't see that Romulan dude at all. I didn't want him, so that is clearly good, but the RNG is certainly fickle. It seems rigged on many occasions in my experience. I went through a spell (3 weeks) of horrible shuttle boost RNG. It was way too rare to get time boosts. Nine packs seems excessive to not get something with a 30% chance to drop. I definitely empathize with your plight.

Y'all keep saying "30% chance to drop". As if that means Seven has a 30% chance. Each 4* has a 10.13% chance, according to the info button. Y'all are adding {apparently} all three, and assigning it to one Crew member.....
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Y'all keep saying "30% chance to drop". As if that means Seven has a 30% chance. Each 4* has a 10.13% chance, according to the info button. Y'all are adding {apparently} all three, and assigning it to one Crew member.....

Where did you get 10.13 from? Mine says 5.06 for purple crew, 10.13 is for schematics

Regarding 30% - I don’t know the reason for it either but people think that for 10x pull which guarantees a purple OR a legendary, 90% chance is for purple and 10 is for legendary, as there 3 purples the chance for one of them is 30%

• Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure where the 10.13% is coming from. But, the odds only relate to single pulls. Any calculations you can derive from them do not include the impact of the guarantee slot when you pull a 650 dil pull as oppose to a 72 dil pull.

With the guarantee mechanic that formal odds are not released on, everything I have seen (including an incredibly high number of pulls myself) indicates that the 650 pull gives you a 10% chance of a featured gold (evenly split between the 3) and a 90% chance of a featured purple (evenly split between the 3).