Home The Bridge

Really now?

Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just... wow

e3fcbdtd4p7g.png

Comments

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the problem.
  • Me either. If you want him it’s a decent offer with good timing. Personally I’ll wait till I get him the old fashioned way. But for those who want to splash the cash it’s great.
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torias327 wrote: »
    Just... wow

e3fcbdtd4p7g.png

Yes. it is incredibly good timing to help out people who need him to get Cheesecake Seven Fuzed up.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    I find the timing to be too good too. Though I don’t really care about this one to be pissed off.
  • edited August 2019
    If cheesecake seven required a 4* doctor, and they offered the 4* doctor in this offer for $10, would that make it OK? The deal looks pretty darn good to me. $10 for either one of two top tier med cards in the game.

Edit: it's better than offering a deal on a 3 year old card everyone already has. 😋
  • ApaggApagg ✭✭✭
    People would be raging harder if you had to get both Seven and Mobile Doc in a pack. The amount you'd need to spend on dil would easily outstrip $10
    If cheesecake seven required a 4* doctor, and they offered the 4* doctor in this offer for $10, would that make it OK? The deal looks pretty darn good to me. $10 for either one of two top tier med cards in the game.

Edit: it's better than offering a deal on a 3 year old card everyone already has. 😋

People would be lighting pitchforks and sharpening torches if they offered a single Star for a 4* for $9.99, I am sure.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Called it.
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me (as a low spender) this was fantastic. I have Doc at 2* FE, pulled seven once from a pack.... I can now have cheesecake seven
    I know it was a deliberate attempt to make me spend more and it worked, I don't care. I just wish I had got 2 sevens from the packs so I could immortalise the 4 star too.
    It's almost as if they were some kind of business trying to make a profit by exploiting its customers desires and planning ahead...

Those monsters!!!!!!!!
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smart call, DB. Thx :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost as if they were some kind of business trying to make a profit by exploiting its customers desires and planning ahead...

Well to give some credit to DB, if they just would have put the Mobile Doc into the Seven pack, it would have been waaay more expensive for players to get em.

So nothing wrong here, win win. And Nobody is forced to buy, as usual. ;)

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

Well to give some credit to DB, if they just would have put the Mobile Doc into the Seven pack, it would have been waaay more expensive for players to get em.

So nothing wrong here, win win. And Nobody is forced to buy, as usual. ;)

+1
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I don't see the issue either. This is exactly what I thought would happen. Chasing the Doctor and new Seven would have been more expensive through packs and dilithium costs for the majority of players. It's much easier to buy the Doctor outright. I find the statement of the "cash grab" being "blatant" to be futile in nature, as the goal of any company hoping to sustain itself and increase profits is to sell items to consumers. Hope and goodwill are nice, but they don't keep the lights on...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • I have mixed feelings of all comments. Fuse a 5* and a 4* for a 5* ??? Really but of course everyone begged and pleaded for cheesecake seven for so long they knew this would be the crew card to get away with such things. Maybe next time we just keep quiet about it.
    Thanks for the mobile doc offer, of course it was cheeper than chasing him in the portal so that was nice. And it came quickly so that we could get our cheesecake.

As far as timing i am a bit overwhelmed with tuesday pack release of 4*
    having to fuse a 4*and 5* announcement,
    aug mega announcement,
    new campaign announcement,
    mobile doc offer,
    starting event with shuttles only 1 faction so VP gains slower( different strategy),
    Level and fuse your cheescake,
    and try to prep for galaxy phase 2.
    On top of dailies.
    Nobody can complain boredom this week.
    I need a nap or more coffee.
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record, my feelings have nothing to do with spending the money or a business making profit. I spent 70$ this week acquiring the 5 Seven’s I wanted, and received 6 golds from the packs I opened as gravy. My 497,750 VIP points show I have no issue with DB’s offers and sales. It’s the Doc offer being dropped 2 days later as an extra dig for sales that got under my skin. Clearly, I am the only one that was bothered, and that’s A Ok. I had zero feelings toward Picardgate, Poly Yar, or Pinafore Data, we all just have different battles to choose. I’m glad everyone else is excited at the option they presented, and can get access to Seven’s fused form. It’s really good, and I’m happy it won’t be incredibly exclusive after all. Consider my feelings vented, thanks to everyone for helping me see the other side of the picture.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only got one Seven in Purple and intend on using 4* campaign citations to get rid of voyage-exclusive crew, so I instead used this to immortalize my existing Mobile Doctor. If he shows up again in a future behold, then I will worry about chasing the cheesecake.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess my biggest gripe is the whole "using a 5* to build a 5*" thing. I have a mobile doctor at 2/5 currently, so if I were to fuse him, I would end up with a 1/5 with slightly better stats, but lose the key "hologram" trait that gets him a spot on a number of voyages.

I really do wish they had gone with holonovel doctor or author doctor instead, but what are you gonna do?

what i did was to wait ONE DAY after getting a 1/4 seven, this offer popped up, and now i have a 2/5 finished doc who is in my top five MED and who i do NOT have to fuse, along with a fresh 1/5/level 1 doc who i CAN fuse!

since i got lucky with the pulls, i ended up spending 650 DIL, the $10, and eventually three 4* cites to get a MED-ENG-SCi who will bump some 4/4s out of my top 5 MED. TLDR - no complaints here!
    I guess my biggest gripe is the whole "using a 5* to build a 5*" thing. I have a mobile doctor at 2/5 currently, so if I were to fuse him, I would end up with a 1/5 with slightly better stats, but lose the key "hologram" trait that gets him a spot on a number of voyages.

I really do wish they had gone with holonovel doctor or author doctor instead, but what are you gonna do?

what i did was to wait ONE DAY after getting a 1/4 seven, this offer popped up, and now i have a 2/5 finished doc who is in my top five MED and who i do NOT have to fuse, along with a fresh 1/5/level 1 doc who i CAN fuse!

since i got lucky with the pulls, i ended up spending 650 DIL, the $10, and eventually three 4* cites to get a MED-ENG-SCi who will bump some 4/4s out of my top 5 MED. TLDR - no complaints here!

You can write CS and ask to unfuse a character. I wouldn’t have fused anything higher than a 1/5 Doctor. In my experience, they have been willing to do so. In this exact situation, had a friend fuse a 2/5 Doctor with 4/4 Indignant Seven. After sending a ticket to CS, they restored the Doctor at 1/5.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this exact situation, had a friend fuse a 2/5 Doctor with 4/4 Indignant Seven. After sending a ticket to CS, they restored the Doctor at 1/5.
    And he was happy with this solution? What was his benefit out of this?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    In this exact situation, had a friend fuse a 2/5 Doctor with 4/4 Indignant Seven. After sending a ticket to CS, they restored the Doctor at 1/5.

the doctor only lost a single star and he kept the 5* cheesecake too?
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
    edited August 2019

The benefit was that she still had the Doctor at 1/5 after creating 1/5 Cheesecake Seven. Otherwise, she would have fused a 2/5 Doctor and a 4/4 Indignant Seven and received the same result...a 1/5 Cheesecake Seven (when you only need a 1/5 Doctor to do so). So, yes, she was happy that CS returned one copy of the Doctor. This way, she still “owns” the Doctor card.

• [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I see the offer as a way for anyone lucky enough to get the Indignant Seven and either didn’t have a mobile doc or like me had one semi fused and didn’t want to part with it to get the new Cheescake card. I applaud DB for quickly doing the offer. A money grab would have been the same offer but at $25. Now if I could just get back one of the dozens of coffee janeways I have airlocked over the years. The Paris card is collecting dust waiting to be fused if she ever does drop again.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite