Home The Bridge

Which DS9 episode is Sous-chef Sisko from?

kobakoba ✭✭✭
Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault

Comments

• [GoT] LuckyNumberHat[GoT] LuckyNumberHat ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Season 7 Premier, Image in the Sand
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

This one. When little Ezri was brand new and shy and confused and extra cute..........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • BakerbeanzBakerbeanz ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

This one. When little Ezri was brand new and shy and confused and extra cute..........

Yes, he was stressing about Dax being killed by demo Dukat.
  • LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    I always thought he was cleaning clams In that episode. When he dropped them back into the tub, they ‘clacked’ together. I can’t imagine a potato making that noise.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sisko is washing potatoes outside his father's restaurant at the alley. A pah wraith supporter comes and stabs him. Then Jake Sisko picks up the bag of potatoes and knocks the pah wraith supporter out. Great scene.
    Let’s fly!
  • I want the pah wraith supporter guy so we can merge him with the sisko to create hospital bed sisko 4*
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Sack of Potatoes Jake who should have security of 1500 cause who can make someone fall down like a sack of potatoes with a sack of potatoes?

sh3jcdarc94x.gif

I love this idea. I love all things potato.

Queue Wierd Al's "Addicted to Spuds"
  • DS9 was under dominion control. Sisko was back home in NOLA at granddads restaurant.
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I don't get how he's a "sous chef" in that episode. I was a chef for my first career and it took nearly a decade before I could call myself by that title without being laughed at. He does the job of a commis chef at best in the episode.
  • Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    Personally I don't get how he's a "sous chef" in that episode. I was a chef for my first career and it took nearly a decade before I could call myself by that title without being laughed at. He does the job of a commis chef at best in the episode.

Continuity answer: It's his dad's restaurant, so Joseph probably calls him a sous chef because he's his son.

Real answer: DB gon' DB.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »

Continuity answer: It's his dad's restaurant, so Joseph probably calls him a sous chef because he's his son.

Real answer: DB gon' DB.

To be fair, I have a friend whose dad owns a restaurant, and my friend helped out a lot at the restaurant growing up, including helping out with the cooking. I'm not sure if his dad ever called him a sous-chef, but I could see that happening pretty easily in a family-owned restaurant where official titles aren't so important.
  • It's super standard in small family owned restaurants that don't have a large brigade.
  • Ljofa wrote: »
    I always thought he was cleaning clams In that episode. When he dropped them back into the tub, they ‘clacked’ together. I can’t imagine a potato making that noise.

I was sure it was clams also. Just watched it two times in slow-mo. It is definitely dark shell mollusks. Makes a clunking sound from the shell everytime he puts a washes one and places it into the clean pile. At one point he is interupted by his father and places the un-washed one back in the bag and again “clunk”. Potatoes do not clunk.

rb56dpgwtffl.jpeg
    pc44id3xu9fe.jpeg
    c4kuykn1gslk.jpeg
  • Lulz, it was both. But the potatoes might have been another episode.
    edited August 2019
    Don't forget that Sisko can and has made many very fancy meals and dishes. He has all the skills. No one said a sous chef couldn't wash some potatoes when he/she is not making sous. :p
    Let’s fly!
  • Tears of the Prophets looks a bit like potatoes but I think it's scallops.
    Image in the Sand talks about clams but they look more like mussels.
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget that Sisko can and has made many very fancy meals and dishes. He has all the skills. No one said a sous chef couldn't wash some potatoes when he/she is not making sous. :p

Trust a man from the profession...... No sous chef would be peeling potatoes when he isn't cooking. a sous chef would be far too busy with paperwork that's been piling up in the office while the head chef is having a nervous breakdown and the saucier is getting drunk on the cooking sherry. I used to spend more time in the office than in the kitchen andf if I really did find the rare opportunity to help with the labour, I'd probably be cleaning the grease filters from the cooker hood or using Deepio to scrub the irons from the chargrill.

Trust a man from the profession...... No sous chef would be peeling potatoes when he isn't cooking. a sous chef would be far too busy with paperwork that's been piling up in the office while the head chef is having a nervous breakdown and the saucier is getting drunk on the cooking sherry. I used to spend more time in the office than in the kitchen andf if I really did find the rare opportunity to help with the labour, I'd probably be cleaning the grease filters from the cooker hood or using Deepio to scrub the irons from the chargrill.

Except you worked in a big restaurant with many employees. I do not think Joseph Sisko's place had many people working there. Don't chefs also do some prep for the day?
    Let’s fly!
  • It's super standard in small family owned restaurants that don't have a large brigade.

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Except you worked in a big restaurant with many employees. I do not think Joseph Sisko's place had many people working there. Don't chefs also do some prep for the day?

Having worked in a small restaurant and seeing that Sisko’s has even fewer staff than we did (apparently just Joseph, Nathan, and some waiters when Jake and Benjamin aren’t there), there isn’t a member of the kitchen staff that doesn’t help with food prep for the day.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should do a spin-off in which they bring back the Captain from the wormhole and have him ether take over Joseph's or establish a companion restaurant somewhere else: DS9, Bajor, maybe somewhere else altogether to distance himself from being the Emissary. That's it. That's the whole show.
  • If Lenny Henry can do it...
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should do a spin-off in which they bring back the Captain from the wormhole and have him ether take over Joseph's or establish a companion restaurant somewhere else: DS9, Bajor, maybe somewhere else altogether to distance himself from being the Emissary. That's it. That's the whole show.

Star Trek: Sisko’s
  • They should do a spin-off in which they bring back the Captain from the wormhole and have him ether take over Joseph's or establish a companion restaurant somewhere else: DS9, Bajor, maybe somewhere else altogether to distance himself from being the Emissary. That's it. That's the whole show.

Star Trek: Sisko’s

This idea is so cracked I think Avery Brooks could actually be convinced to do it.

And in the first episode tribbles get into the storeroom and eat all his ingredients but he has a full restaurant of people to feed.
    Let’s fly!
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brooks could also dabble at the piano whenever it suited him. Not like a recurring, regular thing. Just in the middle of a scene, he'd walk on over, sit down, and tickle the ivories because he felt like it.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

And in the first episode tribbles get into the storeroom and eat all his ingredients but he has a full restaurant of people to feed.

Tastes like chicken...
    AviTrek wrote: »

Tastes like chicken...

7i1dn3hmlvri.png
    Let’s fly!